Gilmer vs LE

clawsnstripes

who wins it?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. who wins it?

• Gilmer
    • LE

Everyone's on here talking about Gilmer...LE will be ready!!! After they demolished atl friday , everyone was chanting Gilmer on the field going crazy!.....I just can't wait. I know Gilmer has been scouting LE since wk 1 but hey they still want be able to match up with the speed LE has. I just love these posts about how Gilmer is this & that. These kids will be focused all week also & come Friday , Leopards will be ready to play!!!! I just these posts.

Trust me, everyone from Gilmer knows L-E will be ready for us. I think if you will read where I said Gilmer will be ready, I also said right after that, that L-E would be ready too. And I don't know why you think I'm saying that Gilmer is "this and that." All I did was state facts and opinions comparing last year's Gilmer team to this year's Gilmer team.

Not once did I say anything negative about L-E nor did I say Gilmer would even beat L-E, so I don't know what it is about my post that you apparently love so much.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, everyone from Gilmer knows L-E will be ready for us. I think if you will read where I said Gilmer will be ready, I also said right after that, that L-E would be ready too. And I don't know why you think I'm saying that Gilmer is "this and that." All I did was state facts and opinions comparing last year's Gilmer team to this year's Gilmer team.

Not once did I say anything negative about L-E nor did I say Gilmer would even beat L-E, so I don't know what it is about my post that you apparently love so much.

if le plays like they did last week against atl, gilmer will be 40 points ahead of them and there will be no chance for a comeback. i will be rooting for the leopards because we are neighbors, but they'd better come with more than they brought against the outmanned rabbs

Hey poisoned, reading an earlier post about teams in the Traylor era not having lost to the same team two games in a row isn't exactly correct. Back when you and I were in high school, Gladewater beat Gilmer our junior AND senior years of high school.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the game on Friday. I'll be there!

Hey poisoned, reading an earlier post about teams in the Traylor era not having lost to the same team two games in a row isn't exactly correct. Back when you and I were in high school, Gladewater beat Gilmer our junior AND senior years of high school.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the game on Friday. I'll be there!

My junior year and Coach Traylor's 1st year at Gilmer, the 2000 season, Gilmer went 6-4 with loses to Hooks, Spring Hill, Tatum and Daingerfield. Gilmer beat Gladewater that year, 42-21, and I believe Gladewater was state ranked at the time.

Here is all loses since Coach Traylor has been at Gilmer and the outcome of their next meeting:

2000 season (6-4):

Lost to Hooks, 28-14 (Gilmer won in 2001, 41-35)

Lost to Spring Hill, 41-21 (Gilmer won in 2001, 21-18)

Lost to Tatum, 14-6 (Gilmer won in 2001, 28-24)

Lost to Daingerfield, 35-14 (Gilmer won in 2001, 20-19)

2001 season (8-3):

Lost to Gladewater, 20-14 (Gilmer won in 2002, 39-21)

Lost to Winnsboro, 19-14 (Gilmer won in 2002, 26-20)

Lost to Pleasant Grove, 10-0 (Gilmer won in 2002, 25-9)

2002 season (8-3):

Lost to Wills Point, 30-23 (Gilmer won in 2003, 42-12)

Lost to Pine Tree, 14-7 (Gilmer won in 2003, 29-6)

Lost to Daingerfield, 36-23 (Gilmer won in 2003, 43-0)

2003 season (13-1):

Lost to Atlanta, 34-14 (Gilmer won in 2006, 49-12)

2004 season (16-0)

2005 season (10-2):

Lost to Daingerfield, 26-17 (Gilmer won in the playoffs later that year, 42-32)

Lost to Canton, 61-58 (have not played since then)

2006 season (10-1):

Lost to Liberty-Eylau, 39-36 (have not played since then)

My junior year and Coach Traylor's 1st year at Gilmer, the 2000 season, Gilmer went 6-4 with loses to Hooks, Spring Hill, Tatum and Daingerfield. Gilmer beat Gladewater that year, 42-21, and I believe Gladewater was state ranked at the time.

Here is all loses since Coach Traylor has been at Gilmer and the outcome of their next meeting:

2000 season (6-4):

Lost to Hooks, 28-14 (Gilmer won in 2001, 41-35)

Lost to Spring Hill, 41-21 (Gilmer won in 2001, 21-18)

Lost to Tatum, 14-6 (Gilmer won in 2001, 28-24)

Lost to Daingerfield, 35-14 (Gilmer won in 2001, 20-19)

2001 season (8-3):

Lost to Gladewater, 20-14 (Gilmer won in 2002, 39-21)

Lost to Winnsboro, 19-14 (Gilmer won in 2002, 26-20)

Lost to Pleasant Grove, 10-0 (Gilmer won in 2002, 25-9)

2002 season (8-3):

Lost to Wills Point, 30-23 (Gilmer won in 2003, 42-12)

Lost to Pine Tree, 14-7 (Gilmer won in 2003, 29-6)

Lost to Daingerfield, 36-23 (Gilmer won in 2003, 43-0)

2003 season (13-1):

Lost to Atlanta, 34-14 (Gilmer won in 2006, 49-12)

2004 season (16-0)

2005 season (10-2):

Lost to Daingerfield, 26-17 (Gilmer won in the playoffs later that year, 42-32)

Lost to Canton, 61-58 (have not played since then)

2006 season (10-1):

Lost to Liberty-Eylau, 39-36 (have not played since then)

hmmm 3 losses to dfield.....

Well....I for one do not get into the overall record as I think its somewhat deceiving considering Gilmer's schedule/district over the years but here's a year-by-year look:

2007 - ??

2006 Lost in 1st Round

2005 Lost in 2nd Round

2004 State Champs

2003 Lost in QuaterFinals

2002 Lost in 1st Round

2001 Lost in 1st Round

2000 Did Not Make PlayOffs

Other than the 2004 season it has been very average for the Bucks especially considering the talent level. Not taking jabs at the Bucks just stating the obvious.

Good Luck vs. L-E!

Last year the Buckeyes seemed surprised by LaMichael James's speed and agility. There was certainly no one similar to him on the roster to help the defense prepare for the quick moves other than Curtis Brown, and even he was a different kind of player.

I think Jeremy Jackson may be a little heavier, but he does have quick feet and speed to burn, so maybe the Buckeyes have gotten better practice this year as to what to expect. I KNOW they respect LaMichael's talents.

With Justin Johnson and Jeremy Jackson, the L-E leopards have two very different styles of running to prepare for.

Our kicking game is much better than last year. We do not have anyone who can consistently punt like Middlebrooks, but few teams have. Jake Ashley has been doing a decent job when he gets the chance, especially for someone who did not punt before this year.

On kickoffs, it is another story. Now that he is back from his injury, Dustin Jones has be connecting with some incredible kick offs. I could not believe that when he had a 15-yard penalty advantage, he split the uprights on his kickoff Friday!!!!!!!

And both Ashley and Adan Olivaries do well on PATs.

It should be an interesting game.

Well....I for one do not get into the overall record as I think its somewhat deceiving considering Gilmer's schedule/district over the years but here's a year-by-year look:

2007 - ??

2006 Lost in 1st Round

2005 Lost in 2nd Round

2004 State Champs

2003 Lost in QuaterFinals

2002 Lost in 1st Round

2001 Lost in 1st Round

2000 Did Not Make PlayOffs

Other than the 2004 season it has been very average for the Bucks especially considering the talent level. Not taking jabs at the Bucks just stating the obvious.

Good Luck vs. L-E!

Here we go again there is no way that the kids or Jeff can pick their district and be honest what type of district did LE have last year. We have beaten teams in their district the last couple of years so dont say that we dont play people. And oh yea if you think that Jeff hasnt called your AD to set up a game then your wrong he has problems playing people every year thats why they play teams from other states. Just a reminder to all Buckeye fans, if you are not from Gilmer you just dont understand us. And I am glad that someone realizes that we are not the ones on here braggin'. The buckeyes will still be #1 to us win,lose or draw and until those of you realize that then you will always consider us as cocky :happy65:

Here we go again there is no way that the kids or Jeff can pick their district and be honest what type of district did LE have last year. We have beaten teams in their district the last couple of years so dont say that we dont play people. And oh yea if you think that Jeff hasnt called your AD to set up a game then your wrong he has problems playing people every year thats why they play teams from other states. Just a reminder to all Buckeye fans, if you are not from Gilmer you just dont understand us. And I am glad that someone realizes that we are not the ones on here braggin'. The buckeyes will still be #1 to us win,lose or draw and until those of you realize that then you will always consider us as cocky :happy65:

So Traylor has called Blair at UH? LMAO!!! :updown:

All I am referring to is that other than 2 years in 7, Gilmer hasn't made it past the 2nd round..........I think Gilmer has alot of pressure to win over L-E this year!

These posts don't bother me! they just show the lack of class and ignorance of many! It just seems to me that a few people, whose teams can't beat Gilmer, come on here and bash them down. Im sure they are used to it by now, so its ok. If they win, great! if they lose, not the end of the world! I support my 4 teams, one being Celina. We don't have to deal with all the

@#$! . If your team got beat by 50, sorry. They should practice harder and then try again next year. Every topic someone starts about Gilmer, somebody HAS to bring up that they can't make it out of the first round. Correct me if Im wrong but several of these players also won a state ring 3 years ago. I also think Gilmer was the best team in the state last year but they played a bad game and got beat in the first round by 3. These threads dont bother me, I could care less about your team. It just seems Gilmer is the ONLY school that gets bashed everyday on here. I also think this years team is BETTER than last because they are more like the '04 team. They passed more last year because of GJ. Godfrey is more like Johnson

because of the threat to run. Gilmer will win and cruise into the reg. finals where they will meet a really good RC team. of course we will save THAT thread for the next few weeks!

Please stand corrected that Gilmer got beat by the better team last year in the first round just like Celina got beat by a better team in the finals. What you call a "bad" game played by Gilmer against LE last season would have gotten an average team thumped by 35 points. In the second half, LE had a great deal to do with what was "bad" as it relates to how Gilmer played. Don't hold it against LE because they produced the big plays, turnovers, and made the stops when they had to. Tell the Buckeyes to practice harder.

And now, here is the rest of the story. Every team loses players every year and it affects those teams in different ways. LE is not crying about not having Middlebrooks. The seniors for LE that will take the field Friday night were undefeated as freshmen and played on varsity as sophomores. LE supporters were really looking at this year as the year for the Leopards to win state regardless of who else was out there as it relates to oposition. But low and behold, the Leopards won it all last year and the team that it beat in the finals would have rolled over Celina in my opinion.

True, LE is not the same team this year as last year and it has been a tough year for them. But, you have to look at who they played in nondistrict. Four 4A teams (two of which are in the playoffs) and Wimberly who is one year removed from a state championship. They played no 2A schools like Gilmer did and if Gilmer is having problems scheduling then welcome to the party. THS, Atlanta, and LE have this problem year in and year out.

In terms of physical size, Gilmer cannot be and bigger than the 4A teams that LE has played so size won't matter at all Friday night. If Gilmer has revenge on their minds then that can get them beat also. I hope that Gilmer brings its A game Friday night and I also hope that LE brings its A game also. You might be suprised at the outcome. Beam me up Scotty! :alien:

I wasn't just saying to you. It's to you and the rest of the Gilmer fans on here talking about how Gilmer is going win because of this and that. It's no big deal, Friday night at Lobo Stadium will do alot of talking for me.

wow...dude u have to be the most ignorant person on smoaky.

they did not have 8 div. 1 recruits.

I really think u need to lay off hating on gilmer so much, AND STOP LIVING IN DAINGERFIELDS PAST.

Actually 8 would be pretty close wouldn't it? How many do you think they had? Remember, I think you'd also count this year's players, such as Snow, Johnson, Harris etc....as they were "offered" early.

Actually 8 would be pretty close wouldn't it? How many do you think they had? Remember, I think you'd also count this year's players, such as Snow, Johnson, Harris etc....as they were "offered" early.
sounds like some upshur county jealousy to me.............what's the matter, your 2-7 team that's fixing to get the #### kicked out of them by Tenaha, got your blood pressure up? don't worry it will all be over after thursday.

sounds like some upshur county jealousy to me.............what's the matter, your 2-7 team that's fixing to get the #### kicked out of them by Tenaha, got your blood pressure up? don't worry it will all be over after thursday.

Well that may very well be true but UH isn't loaded with D1 talent like Gilmer. The pressure to win will be on the Buckeyes. What will the excuse be this year? Last year it was the fault of the defense according to most all Gilmerites......(and will be again imo)........maybe not Friday night against L-E but I think in the end it will be "your" blood pressure that's up!

Well that may very well be true but UH isn't loaded with D1 talent like Gilmer. The pressure to win will be on the Buckeyes. What will the excuse be this year? Last year it was the fault of the defense according to most all Gilmerites......(and will be again imo)........maybe not Friday night against L-E but I think in the end it will be "your" blood pressure that's up!

no excuses. if they beat us they beat us. and BTW i'll be pulling for the dogs anyway..............cause thats the kinda guy i am :thumbsup: