Gilmer vs LE

clawsnstripes

who wins it?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. who wins it?

• Gilmer
    • LE

I think that Buckeye fans who truly know football realize that L-E should be the favorite in this football game:

L-E is the defending Class 3A Div. I State Champion!

L-E returns 14 starters from last year's team!

L-E holds an 11-2-0 All-Time record against Gilmer!

L-E's 5-5 record is more deceiving than Gilmer's 10-0 record. L-E only plays when they want to!

That being said:

I don't think L-E will have 0 turnovers this year.

I dont't think L-E will hold Gilmer to 69 yards rushing

I don't think L-E will average 44.5 yards per punt

I don't think a neutral officiating crew from the Austin chapter will flag Gilmer for 3 4th down "ghost" penalties allowing L-E to score 3 touchdowns.

My prediction influenced by a healthy respect for the favorite L-E is:

Gilmer 42

L-E 29

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Buckeye fans who truly know football realize that L-E should be the favorite in this football game:

L-E's 5-5 record is more deceiving than Gilmer's 10-0 record. L-E only plays when they want to!

That being said:

I don't think a neutral officiating crew from the Austin chapter will flag Gilmer for 3 4th down "ghost" penalties allowing L-E to score 3 touchdowns.

Gilmer 42

L-E 29

man sounds like somebodys is a little sappy

That being said:

Gilmer 42

L-E 29

LMAO!! Good luck trying to sell that line. :bounce: NOBODY around here thinks the Bucks are the underdog......except for maybe L-E fans. Anyway....good luck.

cool an argument i didnt start :bounce:

Oh Kev I just think he wants to "believe" Gilmer is the underdog because its easier to swallow if for some reason they lose again. Its a mental approach to ridding their minds of "pressure". Gilmer has placed their whole season, for one solid year, on this game. Have scouted them since Game 1 this year and even had shirts made I hear.....lol. That's pretty dangerous thinking IMO. Pressure's On!

Good luck Bucks!

Oh Kev I just think he wants to "believe" Gilmer is the underdog because its easier to swallow if for some reason they lose again. Its a mental approach to ridding their minds of "pressure". Gilmer has placed their whole season, for one solid year, on this game. Have scouted them since Game 1 this year and even had shirts made I hear.....lol. Pressure's On!

Good luck Bucks!

honestly guys if i didnt have to work friday night and dfield wasnt playing jefferson id be at this game.

Who has Gilmer played to think they are unstoppable, other than Tatum who have they played that is any good. LE on the other hand plays good 4a schools and Gilmer plays 2a schools.

Good point Garrison, however, I look for Gilmer to spend every ounce of their energy in payback in this game. They may not win another playoff game, but they will blow out LE. LaMichael James or not, Gilmer has way to much to prove. Gilmer 54 LE 16- LaMichael gets the 16. The next playoff game could be up in the air for Gilmer.

I wasn't just saying to you. It's to you and the rest of the Gilmer fans on here talking about how Gilmer is going win because of this and that. It's no big deal, Friday night at Lobo Stadium will do alot of talking for me.

Like I said, when did I ever say Gilmer was going to win the game?

Who has Gilmer played to think they are unstoppable, other than Tatum who have they played that is any good. LE on the other hand plays good 4a schools and Gilmer plays 2a schools.

Who, FROM GILMER, believes that the Buckeyes are unstoppable? No one here does. It's all people outside of Gilmer who are making those comments. You won't find one person in Gilmer, one normal and sane person anyways, who is looking past or is taking Liberty-Eylau lightly at all. We know that there is a HUGE task at hand in Longview Friday night.

And I think that UH person is right, the pressure is on Gilmer to win this game. Since we lost last year, that's all the coaches, players and fans have talked about, was the rematch. You could have asked any coach or player at any point in the season how many days were left until the rematch, and they could have told you. There has been 1 focus all year long, beat L-E to win a state championship. When you have that mind set, you do put all the pressure on yourselves.

I'm expecting another close, hard faught game, with Gilmer HOPEFULLY coming out on top this time. But all I want to see is a good, clean football game and cheer on our Buckeyes!

I'm pulling for LE. I think if LE can keep from shooting itself in the foot, LIKE IT HAS ALL SEASON, LE can make it a close game. However, LE plays very inconsistant, and from what I hear, Gilmer is very disciplined.

LE has a lot of pressure on itself as well. I truly hope this game isn't a blowout on either side of the ball. Does anyone have LE's stats on the year as far as penalties and turnovers?

after seeing both of them play the center roughriders this year i would have to go with gilmer over le for a blowout......

le only scored 28 tough points against the riders

gilmer scored at will like 60 points even with thier second string in gilmer didnt miss a beat oh and gilmers stud halfback only played the 1st half

Everyone on here that is against Gilmer has said that they havent played anyone but 2a teams should look at both teams schedule as a whole. Tatum and Daingerfield will probably beat everyone in LE district except LE so dont make it like the district that LE has palyed is any stronger than the one Gilmer is in. Truly, both district are weaker than some but I sont see too many Districts that are strong anymore in 3a, IMO. So both teams will be put to the test this week, so everyone says, but IMO I think the BUCKEYES will win this game. :happy65:

in defense of gilmer (I know a first) Gilmers 2a School they played (dfield) would probably score 20+ on your team in the first half. yes they have a weak district, but the have an extremly strong non district.

I knew this thread would head south in a hurry. It's games like this that'll bring out all the Gilmer haters because of what happened last year. I, for one, have always said that I wasn't convinced last year's team was as good as everyone was saying. I, along with anyone else who watched the '06 Buckeyes who had a grasp on reality, knew that team had a good chance of losing if an opponent could keep them under 40 points. Let's face it, last year's defense just never jelled. Now, with that being said, everyone needs to give credit where credit is due. The Leopards BEAT Gilmer last year and went on to win the Class 3A Division I state championship. I don't think there is ANY shame in losing to the eventual state champion.

About this year, who knows for sure what'll happen. If anyone KNEW the answer they need to be opening a betting line in Vegas so they could strike it rich. I do think the Buckeyes are a MUCH better team this year. I also know that Liberty-Eylau is a dangerous team and relishes the thought of being an underdog. I ain't sure I would say that the Leopards are the underdog in this one simply because the Buckeyes still have to prove that they can beat them. I believe the difference this year, unlike last year, is that the Buckeyes are a more complete team. They play solid defense and have a more balanced offensive attack. I also know that each team's record can be thrown out in this one 'cause they won't matter --- this is the PLAYOFFS ---- WIN OR GO HOME. Anything can happen on any given night in high school football, and it's not always the team with the best players and/or team that wins. It's the team that plays better that night. I honestly don't know what's gonna happen. All I know is it should be a good game and, hopefully, the Buckeyes can win this go around. My bet is on the Buckeyes pulling this one out.

Go Buckeyes! Remember the D-A-S-H !

High and tight! No turnovers. Minimumize penalties and play SOLID DEFENSE.

ONE GAME AT A TIME!

P.R.I.D.E.

"Offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championship!"

In response to the poster from Gilmer who mentioned something about how "no one will play them...I bet Jeff has called your school..." (paraphrased), I'd suggest that Gilmer play UP, rather than down. If you are genuinely that talented, test your kids against a team "more equal"...has Gilmer played many 4A teams, or even a 5A? If your team is so frightening that no one will put you on their schedule, LOOK UP. There will always be a bigger team that will play you. I've seen many coaches that use this philosophy when scheduling. Play somebody better than you... see how well your kids handle tough situations and become stronger. It might not keep your W/L record quite as pretty, but it will prepare your kids. JMO