153 members have voted

1. 1. who wins it?

• Gilmer
    • LE

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after reading this topic it's unanimous Gilmer will win and this game is a waste of time. i do predict Gilmer to win just as i did last year but best i remember when this same topic was being discussed last year the same predictions were being made.

all i'm saying is that the Gilmer faithful should have learned a lesson from last season.

According to most people we should just go ahead and order Gilmer's ring becasue there is no way LE or anyone else in 3a can come close to them. They have too many good players and to say that a team can walk on the field with thim is blasphemous. Let us bow to their awsome power.

*note this response is a copy of the one I posted last year. I hope Gilmer enjoyed the rings they won.*

According to most people we should just go ahead and order Gilmer's ring becasue there is no way LE or anyone else in 3a can come close to them. They have too many good players and to say that a team can walk on the field with thim is blasphemous. Let us bow to their awsome power.

*note this response is a copy of the one I posted last year. I hope Gilmer enjoyed the rings they won.*

"classy"

Gilmer only beat D-field 35-12. Tatum was not at all prepared for them and gave up in 3rd quarter after scoring 28. No way Gilmer would put up 71 on us now. Dont know much about LE, but if they can jam the recievers and score at least 35 they can pull out the upset. That being said...Gilmer 34, LE 28. :thumbsup:

Yes, Gilmer would still put up 71 on Tatum today. Ya'll are the same team today that they beat earlier with 71 points. No new players and no losses so stop the excuses.

Just stating the facts... d-field wasnt ready for us (48-20), we werent ready for Gilmer (71-28) but d-field was ready for gilmer (35-12). Second round rematch will be a closer game. Coach Evans philosophy... start slow then finish fast. Worked the last 2 seasons. How did that fast start work for yall last season...hmmmmm? Good luck with LE.

You people are hilarious! Your kidding right? I STILL don't understand why people are talking about last year! Is there NOTHING better to do in East Texas? Just because your teams cant beat Gilmer, YOU have to come on here and bash them? That shows NO CLASS! Why don't you people start worrying about your OWN teams. I have'nt read one post from a Gilmer fan making a negative comment about ANY team. Get a life! Better yet, get a team that can beat Gilmer and THEN you can talk smack! Until then, keep ur negative comments to urself.

"classy"

hilarious!! When you let the announcer call the coach's win/loss record at each half (WHO does that?? I have been to games at every level, and even at 5A games I've never heard such preening), and your fans act like there's no reason to bother playing the game, you know you're gonna take some ribbing!!

Somebody was just having fun with ya!

Oh, and the only reason people refer to "last year" is that it was such a shock after so many people had acted like the path was already paved from Gilmer to the wherever the state championship was going to be played...

Every team takes some slammin' on here, and we get to eat crow when we're wrong, too.

You are right! Im NOT from Gilmer, but Im just saying the comments seem to geared towards how arrogant Gilmer's fans are. EVERY post Ive read on hear concerning the Buckeyes, I havent seen one Gilmer poster bragging. Nobody from Gilmer was on here last year saying they were gonna win the championship. Just ALOT of Gilmer haters on here because they seem to beat everyone. So they lost in the first round last year, big deal! They lost to the eventual state champs by 3pts.

l/E has a very good team again this year and is certainly capable of winning it all again. I personally think Gilmer will win and I hope they win it all again this year, just for all you haters!

You are right! Im NOT from Gilmer, but Im just saying the comments seem to geared towards how arrogant Gilmer's fans are. EVERY post Ive read on hear concerning the Buckeyes, I havent seen one Gilmer poster bragging. Nobody from Gilmer was on here last year saying they were gonna win the championship. Just ALOT of Gilmer haters on here because they seem to beat everyone. So they lost in the first round last year, big deal! They lost to the eventual state champs by 3pts.

l/E has a very good team again this year and is certainly capable of winning it all again. I personally think Gilmer will win and I hope they win it all again this year, just for all you haters!

i always love these topics about gilmer...

People forget that LE started the season ranked number 2 in the state last year, they beat Gilmer in Bi District. Upset, probably not. I think Gilmer wins it big this week but who knows, gotta play the game.

if all these posts bother you don't read them. people can say what they want

i always love these topics about gilmer...

Yeah and didnt u say earlier that gilmer got smashed last year against Le last year, u might need to learn the facts before u shoot ur mouth off we lost by three to a very good LE TEAM and if we dont play this weekend we are going to lose to another very good Le team. At least you could do is know what u r talking about

Where are u getting this from, everyone in Gilmer respects u guys, we know we fixing to play a tough football game, and most of the people on here taht are saying Gilmer will beat u guys bad are out of town people. Good Luck to You guys it will be a good football game

So now you love Gilmer,kev i wish you would make up your mind!

i didnt say i love gilmer, i just love reading peoples post trying to say how gilmer has already won state. My mind was made up long ago about gilmer.

also, why is there not a single L/E poster here?

if all these posts bother you don't read them. people can say what they want

These posts don't bother me! they just show the lack of class and ignorance of many! It just seems to me that a few people, whose teams can't beat Gilmer, come on here and bash them down. Im sure they are used to it by now, so its ok. If they win, great! if they lose, not the end of the world! I support my 4 teams, one being Celina. We don't have to deal with all the

@#$! . If your team got beat by 50, sorry. They should practice harder and then try again next year. Every topic someone starts about Gilmer, somebody HAS to bring up that they can't make it out of the first round. Correct me if Im wrong but several of these players also won a state ring 3 years ago. I also think Gilmer was the best team in the state last year but they played a bad game and got beat in the first round by 3. These threads dont bother me, I could care less about your team. It just seems Gilmer is the ONLY school that gets bashed everyday on here. I also think this years team is BETTER than last because they are more like the '04 team. They passed more last year because of GJ. Godfrey is more like Johnson

because of the threat to run. Gilmer will win and cruise into the reg. finals where they will meet a really good RC team. of course we will save THAT thread for the next few weeks!

These posts don't bother me! they just show the lack of class and ignorance of many! It just seems to me that a few people, whose teams can't beat Gilmer, come on here and bash them down. Im sure they are used to it by now, so its ok. If they win, great! if they lose, not the end of the world! I support my 4 teams, one being Celina. We don't have to deal with all the

@#$! . If your team got beat by 50, sorry. They should practice harder and then try again next year. Every topic someone starts about Gilmer, somebody HAS to bring up that they can't make it out of the first round. Correct me if Im wrong but several of these players also won a state ring 3 years ago. I also think Gilmer was the best team in the state last year but they played a bad game and got beat in the first round by 3. These threads dont bother me, I could care less about your team. It just seems Gilmer is the ONLY school that gets bashed everyday on here. I also think this years team is BETTER than last because they are more like the '04 team. They passed more last year because of GJ. Godfrey is more like Johnson

because of the threat to run. Gilmer will win and cruise into the reg. finals where they will meet a really good RC team. of course we will save THAT thread for the next few weeks!

well i predict Gilmer to win this week too. i'm not predicting a championship just yet though.

Most of the comments about people predicting Gilmer to win state and to win big against L-E comes from those who don't reside in Gilmer or have any link to Gilmer. I have seen very few, if any, Gilmer posters say anything about having a state championship on lock or anything like that.

Last year, most of the Gilmer fans didn't really know much about Liberty-Eylau except for they lost to Atlanta, a team we beat badly in ATL. So they saw that and thought we should beat them, which we probably should have, but we were out-played. My Dad didn't want to come to the game last year because he thought it would be a blow out, but I told him he needed to because there was a very good chance that Gilmer wouldn't be playing anymore after that night. Sure enough, it was off to basketball after that night.

This year's Gilmer team is much more well rounded than last year's Gilmer team. They relyed on passing way too much. There is much more of a rushing attack this year with the 1-2 combo of Justin Johnson and Jeremy Jackson, both of which avarage over 12 yards per carry this season. But, Gilmre will still throw 200-300 passing yards at ya too. Defensively, they are MUCH, MUCH better than they were at any point last year or the year before that. Through 10 games last year, Gilmer had given up 149 points, with 0 shutouts and 42 being the most they gave up during the year. This year, the defense has only given up 98 points with the high being 28 and 2 shutouts with 4 other games only given up 7 points or less.

Gilmer has waited for this game since about 11 pm. of November 17, 2006. For those who don't fully understand, that's about what time the game ended last year. They have literally been counting down the days for the rematch. Gilmer will be very focused all week long and come game time, they will be more than ready to put the pads on and line back up against the Leopards. As, I'm sure, Liberty-Eylau will be the same. I can't wait for Friday night so us Gilmer fans, players and coaches can hopefully get a taste of revenge on L-E. I'm expecting just as good of a game this year as there was last year.

An interesting little fact about Coach Traylor since he has been at Gilmer that I've talked about before: Gilmer has never lost to the same team two games in a row and only 1 team has beat Gilmer more than once, that team being Daingerfield.

Most of the comments about people predicting Gilmer to win state and to win big against L-E comes from those who don't reside in Gilmer or have any link to Gilmer. I have seen very few, if any, Gilmer posters say anything about having a state championship on lock or anything like that.

Last year, most of the Gilmer fans didn't really know much about Liberty-Eylau except for they lost to Atlanta, a team we beat badly in ATL. So they saw that and thought we should beat them, which we probably should have, but we were out-played. My Dad didn't want to come to the game last year because he thought it would be a blow out, but I told him he needed to because there was a very good chance that Gilmer wouldn't be playing anymore after that night. Sure enough, it was off to basketball after that night.

This year's Gilmer team is much more well rounded than last year's Gilmer team. They relyed on passing way too much. There is much more of a rushing attack this year with the 1-2 combo of Justin Johnson and Jeremy Jackson, both of which avarage over 12 yards per carry this season. But, Gilmre will still throw 200-300 passing yards at ya too. Defensively, they are MUCH, MUCH better than they were at any point last year or the year before that. Through 10 games last year, Gilmer had given up 149 points, with 0 shutouts and 42 being the most they gave up during the year. This year, the defense has only given up 98 points with the high being 28 and 2 shutouts with 4 other games only given up 7 points or less.

Gilmer has waited for this game since about 11 pm. of November 17, 2006. For those who don't fully understand, that's about what time the game ended last year. They have literally been counting down the days for the rematch. Gilmer will be very focused all week long and come game time, they will be more than ready to put the pads on and line back up against the Leopards. As, I'm sure, Liberty-Eylau will be the same. I can't wait for Friday night so us Gilmer fans, players and coaches can hopefully get a taste of revenge on L-E. I'm expecting just as good of a game this year as there was last year.

An interesting little fact about Coach Traylor since he has been at Gilmer that I've talked about before: Gilmer has never lost to the same team two games in a row and only 1 team has beat Gilmer more than once, that team being Daingerfield.

Everyone's on here talking about Gilmer...LE will be ready!!! After they demolished atl friday , everyone was chanting Gilmer on the field going crazy!.....I just can't wait. I know Gilmer has been scouting LE since wk 1 but hey they still want be able to match up with the speed LE has. I just love these posts about how Gilmer is this & that. These kids will be focused all week also & come Friday , Leopards will be ready to play!!!! I just love reading these posts.