153 members have voted

1. 1. who wins it?

• Gilmer
    • LE

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Gilmer is way stronger this year than any other year. Maybe comparable to the 2004 championship team. That team was a equally "run and pass" balanced team. and this years defense looks i think a little bit better than that team. i think gilmer has too much depth for LE.

Gilmer by 2 TD's

This game won't be close. There is no way LE should compete with us. We have WAY too much talent. If we don't win it all this year there is NO excuse. There is no question we have the most talented team in the state. We will beat LE by 4 T.D.'s. No doubt at all.

Oh for cryin out loud! Im not from Gilmer but Ive known Jeff Traylor for a number of years. I agree with his take on the game. L/E will be the best team they have faced all year. Nothing but praise for L/E! I think BOTH teams will be prepared and they know a litle bit more each other this year. I STILL think Gilmer will win, but like like Jeff said, L/E is the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPIONS. Gilmer will be the underdog and they need to play a perfect game in order to win. I don't think they need to play a PERFECT game, but they need to:

1) I don't think they will be able to stop James, but they will need to make the sure tackle and try and contain him to around

100 yds.

2) Don't allow the big play

3) Protect Godfrey and give him time to make plays

4) Get Johnson involved early

5) PROTECT the ball

Gilmer does these 5 things, they should win. They have'nt played anyone as fast as L/E with the exception of the team from louisiana. Should be a GREAT game, wish I could attend. Of course we will have our hands full with Royce City! :happy65:

This game won't be close. There is no way LE should compete with us. We have WAY too much talent. If we don't win it all this year there is NO excuse. There is no question we have the most talented team in the state. We will beat LE by 4 T.D.'s. No doubt at all.

Are you from Gilmer at all? If you were you would know anyone has a chance in this game. So calm down thats why people dont like Gilmer because they think we are all arogent.

LE will have to win with strong defense and consistency on offense. This year our downfall has been silly mistakes (false starts, off sides, ect)

Last year our defense won us this game and the championship game. Last week they looked pretty good, but against a down Atlanta team who is not in the same class as this Gilmer offense.

That being said, if our defense can hit hard and cause turnovers, that has an effect on the other team's psyche. I think that is what happened last year to Gilmer. They got hit pretty hard, had a couple of turnovers, got down on the scoreboard and lost control. Our coaches had a game plan put together that Gilmer had not seen. Everyone else tried to stop Gilmer and keep the ball, we just tried to score more than they did. Cruising through the regular season can make it hard to muster a comeback on such a large stage. In the 3rd quarter last year Gilmer just looked stunned. By the time they got over that and started to come back, they simply ran out of time.

Gilmer will have to try to "contain" James. I read people saying "stop" him and kind of laugh. Apart from the game where he got hurt, no one has come close to stopping him.

I look for this to be a hard fought game. Hopefully the fans will get their money's worth. The only bad thing about this game is that it happens in the first round. A good team will end their season Friday night.

I pick LE by 7 on a blocked punt returned for a TD late in the game.

I understand them putting a lot of stock in this game because it is the first step toward all teams ultimate goal set in the spring. The first playoff game has to be won or otherwise the season is over, so I think that they knew they would make the playoffs so why not be ready for the oponent if you know who they are. Some would call this PREPARED, but some call it SCARED, I guess it depends on what side of the fence you sitting on. Go get em BUCKEYES.

"In the 3rd quarter last year Gilmer just looked stunned. By the time they got over that and started to come back, they simply ran out of time." LE Teach

Yes, we did look stunned for part of the third period. But from my side of the field, it was because Cody Lee, a starter since '04 had just been carted off the field with a broken led. The Buckeyes had no idea what was going to happen to their teammate, would he recover and be able to play ball again or what.

It took a possession or two before the Buckeyes were clicking again. And I agree with you that we did start shifting the momentum in our favor but ran out of time.

It should be a great night for some FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

Frisco, there is no way you can call Gilmer the underdog, you and Traylor both know that Gilmer SHOULD win this game

Gilmer 45

LE 20

Yes, Gilmer SHOULD win this game. I also think they WILL. However, everyone is saying "throe out all the stats, records and weak schedules for both teams". Both teams come in 0-0. L/E is the defending champs and nobody can take that away. You have to go out and beat them. Gilmer has the advantage in size and strength. I think speed is about the same. L/E is extremely fast on defense. Jeff admits that he underestimated L/E last year. He has'nt this year. Gilmer wont be able to stop James but they will have enough speed to contain him. L/E fans, Gilmer's defense is ALOT better this year so don't expect the same result as last year. Their offense is BETTER than last year. QB is'nt goin to just sit back and wait to throw. If L/E defense manages to get thru the O line, he is extremely fast and agile so he can break it at anytime unlike Kinne. Last year, they could sit back and stop the passing game and still have enough speed @ linebacker to slow down Johnson. That won't happen this year. If L/Es O line starts to open huge holes for James, expect Snow and others to play some on defense. That will shut down the middle and James will have to bounce outside, STILL very dangerous, but will give Johnson time to get there. IMO, L/E will have to throw the ball really well and often to win this game. I think all Gilmer fans have alot of respect for L/E as do the players and coaches. Everyone is saying turnovers or field position are something else is the key to this game. I think Gilmer's defense is the key. If they play the way they have all year, make plays and not try to tackle James by one person, lol, Buckeyes should be just fine.

Its Gilmer's Time Baby: who the home team

Liberty-Eylau is the home team. I hated to hear that, too. The visitor's side at Lobo Stadium is terrible. I'll now have to wear a trenchcoat so I can wear an ankle bag and funnel in case I have to use the bathroom. One good thing, though, now I can sneak in some food, too. Never have time to eat before the game -- Gilmer people get there WAAYYY too early. :D

Liberty-Eylau is the home team. I hated to hear that, too. The visitor's side at Lobo Stadium is terrible. I'll now have to wear a trenchcoat so I can wear an ankle bag and funnel in case I have to use the bathroom. One good thing, though, now I can sneak in some food, too. Never have time to eat before the game -- Gilmer people get there WAAYYY too early. :D

I'm going to be at the game too.

I will keep an eye out for ya.

I dont know if this is true, but I heard Gilmer has five starters that are not going to play against L-E? Can anyone confirm that? Some one told me they were injury's from the last game. If so do ya'll think Gilmer can pull it off?

Yes, 5 of gilmer starters are a little banged up, but as far as i know, Most of them should be starting Friday.

Not very serious injuries. Even without them,,i still think Gilmer will pull the upset!

Yes, 5 of gilmer starters are a little banged up, but as far as i know, Most of them should be starting Friday.

Not very serious injuries. Even without them,,i still think Gilmer will pull the upset!

even though le won state last year, would that be an upset if gilmer won? i know you're the champ til someone beats you and all that, but i think le will have to pull the upset. should be a good game.

Dang, can't they kiss and make up or something. I was hoping they would play. He is the best corner we've got in my opinion.

Well yeah Traylor has tried as hard as he can to get him out of if. But yeah he is a beastly corner. But hopefully if Gilmer wins, he will be back next week!