20 3A basketball Which three place in district?

Geauxtigaz

1.Hudson......fundamental with athletes.

2.Crockett....loaded with athletes...

3.Central......good coaching with a good guard.

4.Diboll........got the clock busted on them by a 2A last night.

4.Huntington..better this year.

5.Center........good for about four wins.

6.Carthage....hard to dribble a football.

7.Rusk..........could be headed for a down cycle.

Actually, the bottom four could finish in any order. I look for Hudson to win the district and Crockett and Central to divide the 2td and 3td spots...............but they may want to go ahead and play the games and not take my word for it.

Center was undefeated until last night. Almost beat Nac and we already beat Marshall. We've played a pretty easy schedule so far, but I wouldn't count the Riders out of the Playoffs yet, we're alot better than people think.

Diboll already played Nac, but lost by 9 I believe. It was their first game of the season and was the Tuesday after the bi-district playoff football game vs Westwood. Starting 5 played football, and had only 1 practice that Monday before that game.

I'll be curious to see how Huntington pans out this year. Very young team with some good players. They regularly start three sophomores and play more in the rotation. There are a few seniors getting playing time. Lots of decent juniors as well. If they (sophomores and juniors) mature and adapt to the speed of varsity competition they could be a tough out...things look very good for the following two years for sure.

I'll be curious to see how Huntington pans out this year. Very young team with some good players. They regularly start three sophomores and play more in the rotation. There are a few seniors getting playing time. Lots of decent juniors as well. If they (sophomores and juniors) mature and adapt to the speed of varsity competition they could be a tough out...things look very good for the following two years for sure.

This is the case every year, but never make a run in district, much less in the playoffs. Maybe this is the year, gluck.

I think Rusk will do alright if some of the discipline problems that plagued the football team from the last few years don't make it on the court. there has already been an incident this week, will be very interesting to see how it is handled. Enough is Enough in the Rusk athletic program. These kids that have watched how the previous 4 years were handled and there is absolutely no respect for the program, the coach(es), teachers, or other students. The time is now to put an end to this misery. Somebody grow some.........backbone and stop letting the kids run the program. What do you have to loose, we are already bottom of the barrel in most sports. I would rather see some undertalented underclassmen on the field/court giving their all and getting the #### kicked out of them, than a bunch of possibly more talented loud mouth insubordinate pains in the a$$ess, that still loose. Some times you have to sacrifice a few fingers to save your hand!!!!!!!!!! Come on Mehaffey, lay the law down before its too late.

Idiotic post.... I'm sorry but I can't be quiet about this much longer.... How can you blame coaches for kids who act like idiots? How about placing the blame where it starts.... AT HOME.... Kid act the way they do because they hear their parents acting that way or their parents haven't kept them from doing it.... I live in Rusk, I have kids in that school, and I know the attitude problem those kids have.... It won't matter who the coach is, those kids are morons....

Coach Mahaffey has done a fine job at Rusk, and if you have concerns about the athletic program and its issues maybe you should go talk to him and not base your opinion on what you read off of Smoaky.com or any other means of media that you have access to.... I'm willing to bet that no one that is ripping him or his staff have EVER went to him and talked about it....

Basic Rusk ####.... It's not ever going to change is it?

Idiotic post, hhhummm lets see.........

Idiotic #1 "How can you blame coaches for kids who act like idiots?" Isn't that part of their job, to discipline kids, to take charge and show them how to compete at a higher level, teach them life lessons??? Aren't they responsible for the kids when they are in charge? Who would you blame?

Idiotic #2 "How about placing the blame where it starts.... at home" Thats fine, I agree with that, but if you are in charge of 14-18 year olds, then you better accept your blame when they screw up, because they will screw up. If the kids aren't getting discipline at home, then whoever is in charge of them has to take care of it, or don't take them with you!!

Idiotic #3 "It won't matter who the coach is, those kids are morons" Yep I agree, then why are they continued to be allowed to act like disgraceful ####(to be very politically correct)?

Idiotic #4 "Basic Rusk ####.....It's not ever going to change is it?" So lets just let them run wild, because no one has enough backbone to stand up to 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 year old kids? Come on, thats lame. There are many good, successful programs throughout east texas and the state that don't put up with this B.S. Your post is very immature, just hide your head in the sand and everything will fix itself, kids will be kids, they are idiots and so is everyone else. These comments offered no solution, only "stop jumping on the coach, its not his fault". Whose fault is it??? White people, communist, cops, Jews, George Bush, Bill Clinton, come on........grow up.

ok...this topic is how the district will pan out...lol...ive heard it too many times...had to say it myself...

but on what yall are talkin about...

#1 - Uniballers right...the kids are morons...90% of em anyways....

#2 - Ok, blame the coach...hes goin to get blame anyway..hes used to it...hes a coach and the people complaining are the parents of that 90% mentioned in #1...

#3 - Rusk athletics is is a slump this year...???...the eagles have finished one sport...football...you wanna put all the blame on Mahaffey and really mean it ruger? Come on...thats childish...he prepared the kids...the kids didnt want to play...(i know, im on the sidelines every game, i heard it)...every coach makes questionable calls, (so you cant say its his playcallin)...its called takin a risk or goin on a hunch..people make mistakes...of course you cant blame it on the coach...blame it on the team...and by team i mean coachES, players, parents of the players, and the waterboys if you want, but not on just one man...Rusk did not go 2-8 because of one person...

#4 - The kids do act "like ####"...i agree...and the kids that act like #### should be gone...see ruger, we agree on 2 things...but, Mahaffeys catching #### over having them there because i feel he would catch more #### if he jsut totally remodels the Rusk ath. dept. You'd be one of those people complaining because Rusk is starting 8 year olds on varsity and getting beat 120-0 in football...you grow up ruger...these kids arent all that bad...theyre kids...you keep saying their ages, well jsut remember that theyre teenagers...and stuff like what has happened is what teenagers do...you cant argue that...

Take a chill pill and relax...it'll be alright...

ruger, I don't want to get in a big argument over all this, because I don't think it matters..... but to answer one thing you said, I don't want to stick my head in the sand and hope it goes away....

I won't spread the Rusk ISD Athletic Department's business all over the world, but if you don't think they are taking steps to correct the problem you can call the field house and ask Coach Mahaffey himself, I'm sure he would be willing to talk to you about the steps they have taken and are taking.... like I said earlier, no one is willing to ask about the facts, they want to speculate.... The problem here is the attitude of the kids in Rusk, its obvious if you watch them play one time....

What would you rather see happen? Kick all of the kids who do something bad out of athletics? If you kick problem kids out of athletics whats going to happen.... Anyone with common sense can see that if you take away structure from a kid that causes trouble or gets in trouble that they are only going to get into more....

I can assure you that my posts is far from immature, its the truth that most people in Rusk have accepted, no one wants to say it though, they want to do the easy thing and blame Coach Mahaffey....

ok...this topic is how the district will pan out...lol...ive heard it too many times...had to say it myself...

but on what yall are talkin about...

#1 - Uniballers right...the kids are morons...90% of em anyways....

#2 - Ok, blame the coach...hes goin to get blame anyway..hes used to it...hes a coach and the people complaining are the parents of that 90% mentioned in #1...

#3 - Rusk athletics is is a slump this year...???...the eagles have finished one sport...football...you wanna put all the blame on Mahaffey and really mean it ruger? Come on...thats childish...he prepared the kids...the kids didnt want to play...(i know, im on the sidelines every game, i heard it)...every coach makes questionable calls, (so you cant say its his playcallin)...its called takin a risk or goin on a hunch..people make mistakes...of course you cant blame it on the coach...blame it on the team...and by team i mean coachES, players, parents of the players, and the waterboys if you want, but not on just one man...Rusk did not go 2-8 because of one person...

#4 - The kids do act "like ####"...i agree...and the kids that act like #### should be gone...see ruger, we agree on 2 things...but, Mahaffeys catching #### over having them there because i feel he would catch more #### if he jsut totally remodels the Rusk ath. dept. You'd be one of those people complaining because Rusk is starting 8 year olds on varsity and getting beat 120-0 in football...you grow up ruger...these kids arent all that bad...theyre kids...you keep saying their ages, well jsut remember that theyre teenagers...and stuff like what has happened is what teenagers do...you cant argue that...

Take a chill pill and relax...it'll be alright...

Ok, let's see, it's the kids fault, no it's the coaches fault, no it's the parents fault. This post is about basketball, take your argument somewhere alse. Back to the topic. The teams that can win 2 or 3 on the road will represent the district. I've seen a couple of these teams play already, my pick in no particular order for the top four spots are: Crockett, Hudson Rusk, Central. Any 3 of the 4 can make it.

Let's see if we can get you "Ruskies" back on the subject here.. namely 20-3A basketball.

We will find out a little more about Crockett when they play at Bryan on Monday night. The Bulldogs are looking pretty good at 9-0 right now. I didn't see their game at Palestine, but I read in the Palestine paper that Crockett was ahead 27-2 at the end of the 1st quarter. Right after Christmas, Crockett plays in the Lovelady tournament which has several other good teams, including Madisonville which I think is also either 9-0 or 10-0. As for District 20-3A, it will be very competitive as always. Lots of athletes on teams like Crockett, Carthage and Diboll, plus traditional basketball schools like Hudson and Central, make for an always tough and interesting district.

I'd say Hudson and Crockett have to be considered the top two teams right now, but then you have Center, Rusk, Carthage and Central that will all be pretty good.... I don't know anything about Huntington or Diboll....

Should be some really good games in this district!