78 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Maud
    • Bremond

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cards yall eat some of that gooooooood river catfish yall got up there before the game and then eat some more at the victory meal. Take it to em Maud.

we done been doin sum of dat catfish eatin..................woooo------hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:notworthy: :happy65: :notworthy: :happy65:

Frankly.....i dont think bremond has a chance just for the mere fact that i played for the cardinals last year and there is nothing that anyone can do to tear that team apart. you could deflate the ball and ray would still kick a field goal jake would still make the pass and rob would still take it to the house through the middle of the defense. these guys take any kind of adversity and toss it aside to reach their goals. last year, our goal was juss to make it to the playoffs, but this year it is widely known that the goal of the maud cardinals is complete domination of the Texas playoff bracket. Good luck cards and ill see you at the game. Just remember guys sell out to the program and you'll see the benefits in the long run. in the great words of Coach Finney "LOCK IN"!!

love you guys

P.S. Prediction - maud 28- 6

Beware of the MAROON DOOM!!

Ghost #44

Just curious...have you seen Maud in person or on film???

Maud by 14. The Cards defense will shut down Bremonds offense. They have shut down much faster, bigger teams and will do it again Saturday.

Nope, Just one man's opinion on how the game will turn out. Don't take it the wrong way, I don't dislike Maud, just think Bremond will pull it out.

Nope, Just one man's opinion on how the game will turn out

What are you basing this on? Speed? Defense? Intangibles?

I watched Bremond's games against Harper and D'Hanis last night and did not see anything we have not already seen this year. I think we have played against much faster speed and as good a defense.

I am not saying they are not a great team, that should be obvious, as they are a semi-finalist.

I am just wondering what puts them over the top in your opinion when you have not seen Maud play at all.

Gets awful defensive around here when one person says Bremond will win! Im with you oldballcoach. Bremond has a few things on their side. Playoff history is one I would base it on just off not knowing anything about Maud. Bremond will earn a 4th or 5th state championship berth with a victory Saturday. Of course that has nothing to do with this year, but it is just another thing to think about. One thing about Harper and D'hanis is RB/DT Rickie Williams was very limited in playing time. Almost none versus D'hanis. Rickie was an all state DT as a sophomore on the semi finalist team. His HEALTHY presence is definitely something that is missed. Rickie is also an 1,100 yard rusher and has been held under 5 carries in the previous 3 playoff games. If he is back this week even close to healthy enough to carry the ball we are a different football team. What other films did Maud get on Bremond? What does Maud do offensively/defensively?? Key players?

Gets awful defensive around here when one person says Bremond will win!

So asking a question is defensive?

Well I guess trying to explain myself will be HOSTILE I guess. :rolleyes:

You see we have been on here for 5 weeks now having to say these same things. People have been saying since week one, who is Maud, never heard of Maud, our team will beat Maud, we don't match up, we are not from a "championship" school, the other team has a 2600 yard rusher, the other team has too much speed, the other team's defense will stop us.... yada yada yada

I guess this "defensive" posture you are referring to is because most everyone who posts like this has NEVER seen us play.

It's okay to vote with your heart. Most people do. So vote for your favorite school, or vote for the most recognizable school name. But in my humble opinion, when you have NEVER seen the other team play, all you are doing is casting a vote. Everything beyond that does not hold merit if you don't know about BOTH teams.

Outsider's looking in:

Everyone's heard of Bremond.. State ranked from day one... championship history..

No one's heard of Maud.. never seen them play... never before won more than one playoff game...

Hmmmm.. Bremond must win this one...

What other films did Maud get on Bremond? What does Maud do offensively/defensively?? Key players?

We also have the Chilton game film. If you read other threads you will see Maud continues to dominate on defense, shutting down the best running backs and offenses out there. We also have a pretty good RB as well, Rob Hill, who had 33-carries, 274-Yards, 3-TD's and threw another TD pass in last weeks game.

And just in case you did not see this. We beat # 5 in the state, Quinlan Boles in round 2.

So I guess I will apologize in advance for my defensive posture in trying to answer your question.

So asking a question is defensive?

Well I guess trying to explain myself will be HOSTILE I guess. :rolleyes:

You see we have been on here for 5 weeks now having to say these same things. People have been saying since week one, who is Maud, never heard of Maud, our team will beat Maud, we don't match up, we are not from a "championship" school, the other team has a 2600 yard rusher, the other team has too much speed, the other team's defense will stop us.... yada yada yada

I guess this "defensive" posture you are referring to is because most everyone who posts like this has NEVER seen us play.

It's okay to vote with your heart. Most people do. So vote for your favorite school, or vote for the most recognizable school name. But in my humble opinion, when you have NEVER seen the other team play, all you are doing is casting a vote. Everything beyond that does not hold merit if you don't know about BOTH teams.

Outsider's looking in:

Everyone's heard of Bremond.. State ranked from day one... championship history..

No one's heard of Maud.. never seen them play... never before won more than one playoff game...

Hmmmm.. Bremond must win this one...

We also have the Chilton game film. If you read other threads you will see Maud continues to dominate on defense, shutting down the best running backs and offenses out there. We also have a pretty good RB as well, Rob Hill, who had 33-carries, 274-Yards, 3-TD's and threw another TD pass in last weeks game.

And just in case you did not see this. We beat # 5 in the state, Quinlan Boles in round 2.

So I guess I will apologize in advance for my defensive posture in trying to answer your question.

I was going to say Bremond was going to win on Saturday, but after reading your post, I cant.

You have convinced me Power M. There is not a High School team in Texas, regardless of classification, that can beat Maud. I am a convert.

Are you related to anyone in Roscoe? My cousin has a son who plays for the Plowboys. They are pretty fired up and are a cocky group of fans up there. And their coaches are pretty sure of themselves also. Maybe they will end up playing against yall. That would be a pretty good State Final, dont you think?

Who will win? Maud or Roscoe?

Are you related to anyone in Roscoe? My cousin has a son who plays for the Plowboys. They are pretty fired up and are a cocky group of fans up there. And their coaches are pretty sure of themselves also. Maybe they will end up playing against yall. That would be a pretty good State Final, dont you think?

Who will win? Maud or Roscoe?

I get it! We don't have a chance against that state ranked, championship school, Bremond.

Oh and we are surely not worthy of playing those Region 1 or 2 teams, Sundown or Munday (who beat Roscoe by the way)

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I get it! We don't have a chance against that state ranked, championship school, Bremond.

Oh and we are surely not worthy of playing those Region 1 or 2 teams, Sundown or Munday (who beat Roscoe by the way)

Didnt you say this????

What are you basing this on? Speed? Defense? Intangibles?

I watched Bremond's games against Harper and D'Hanis last night and did not see anything we have not already seen this year. I think we have played against much faster speed and as good a defense.

I am not saying they are not a great team, that should be obvious, as they are a semi-finalist.

I could have sworn that I saw the same posts coming from the Roscoe folks.

You mean to tell me that Munday beat Roscoe???? Wow. That is news to me, especially since they [Roscoe] were telling everyone that Munday was just another run of the mill team and that they [Roscoe] played and won against much faster speed and as good a defense.

:happy65:

Nice try at CYA by the way. A little late, but still a nice try anyway.

Well...it is Wednesday...about time for the "hater" to come out!!!

That is ok...I say the same thing EVERY week....Actions WILL speak louder than any words on this board or any board for that matter....so just come out Saturday and be like all the rest and see for yourself.

Power M is correct and if you think there is just ONE fired up fan in Maud, Texas...oh my my...you are sooo wrong :whome: !! For those of you that have not seen Maud play...or havent heard of us...or dont think we are worthy...well...just come on out Saturday...then...about this same time next week the same comments will surface once again...and then we will have to do all of this one more time.

THEN....what will everyone say?

We really dont care...we KNOW what our boys are capable of doing....

We KNOW what they have done...

We KNOW who they have beat....

We KNOW how many games we have won...

We KNOW where we are in the playoffs...

We KNOW WE ARE STILL PLAYING FOOTBALL....

and most of all

WE KNOW we are MAUD CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COme on out Saturday and find all of this out for yourself...and then...

YOU WILL KNOW!!!! :clap:

B.S.T. Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!

I could have sworn that I saw the same posts coming from the Roscoe folks.

You mean to tell me that Munday beat Roscoe???? Wow. That is news to me, especially since they [Roscoe] were telling everyone that Munday was just another run of the mill team and that they [Roscoe] played and won against much faster speed and as good a defense.

What are you talking about?

You are so far off base. I never said Bremond was a run of the mill team. You quoted me and still don't know what I said apparently.

I said

I said Bremond is a great team.

You should get your facts straight before you accuse.

You should be at the game. I know I will be.

We are NOT Roscoe. We are MAUD. And our boys deserve to be here JUST as much as Bremond, or your Munday boys your talking about....

And our team will show up to play, just in case the officials decide to let our little school play.

Yep.. 1st post - hater post. 2nd post - hater post..

Here comes the 3rd one I'm sure

:sorcerer:

Power M.

I dont hate Maud. I am sure that it is a fine little town to live in. And I am sure that the kids are fine upstanding gentlemen who play with class.

My posts arent aimed at the town or the players. No, they are aimed at YOU. :thumbsup:

Just keep on being smug about winning and dismissing Bremond. I already said that I have conceded the game to YOU since YOU think that Maud will beat every team in the state of Texas. No problem.

I am just saying that there are a lot of people like YOU living in Roscoe right now. YOU know, the ones who thought that they were invincible.

So what do YOU think the score will be?