Longview City League Basketball

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it was a spirited game on Saturday Daniellions? Milnyk if your daughters keep working they are going to be really good. They are solid players for freshmen. Enjoy every minute. I remember when Sam was a freshman and it seems like yesterday!

It was very exciting and very PHYSICAL. I heard Sam lit it up on Friday, we were coming, but Minta was working on a school project and didn't finish till late. I also saw where Kayla had a good game on Friday, she takes after her mom! lol

Milnyk, I watched the SH boys play on Saturday, they are not bad and they played really hard. I think you are right, they really should be in the lower division, because all of their kids are younger and smaller.

I heard it was a spirited game on Saturday Daniellions? Milnyk if your daughters keep working they are going to be really good. They are solid players for freshmen. Enjoy every minute. I remember when Sam was a freshman and it seems like yesterday!

my daughter is Kayla Self # 12 the other freshman is Shannon Sanders #11. i appreciate the compliment they are both playing well Kayla had 17 against yall and Shannon had 13.

#10 for yall must be Sam and she is a very good player. first time for me to see her play and i was very impressed. she made some very tough layups and can shoot lights out. i was very impressed with there ball movement.

i thought we had a chance when we cut it to two points with about a 1:40 but we had no answer for #10 and she did what good players do she led her team to the win.

she is as good as the guard we played at chapel hill. Kayla had told me Sabine had a great Guard and i told her before the game " don't worry about her she can't be any better than the Chapel Hill Guard" well first thing Kayla told me when she got in the car was "i think she was better than the Chapel Hill Guard dad"!

congratulations on the win Sabine has a good team. Will try and get you on our court and even it up!

It was very exciting and very PHYSICAL. I heard Sam lit it up on Friday, we were coming, but Minta was working on a school project and didn't finish till late. I also saw where Kayla had a good game on Friday, she takes after her mom! lol

Milnyk, I watched the SH boys play on Saturday, they are not bad and they played really hard. I think you are right, they really should be in the lower division, because all of their kids are younger and smaller.

daniel,

i don't post on weekends and i was out of town so i missed all the boys games.

i heard about yalls game and i heard both teams were excellent. we have no business playing in the same league and if the city did their job we would be in the lower division. i told them that and you would think they would listen to a guy that has volunteered to coach for 10 years in city league but they said they had evaluated the league. if you get a chance tell Harry that he did a great disservice to our boys. they could have had a good experience in the lower division but now it is going to be a Long year.

i wasn't at our game because my middle daughter was playing in a junior high tourney but i was told it could have been worse. Todd has a lot of class and i'm thankful that the coaches are in this for all the kids.W.O. has a very good team as always and are very well coached i didn't see them but i know they will do fine in the upper division. that being said i still think your team and the team you played on Sat. are the two best teams in that division.

your correct Kayla thankfully takes after momma!

Milnyk-

That is quite an accomplishment for Kayla to be playing Varsity as a freshman and being a big contributor. All that hard work payed off. Best of luck to her and the SH team unless, of course, we have to face you in the playoffs. LOL.

thanks i appreciate the compliment. we lost a tough won to Sabine they are a strong team. i compare them to the Bullard team on the way they move the ball. they are not as big as Bullard but move the ball well.

thanks i appreciate the compliment. we lost a tough won to Sabine they are a strong team. i compare them to the Bullard team on the way they move the ball. they are not as big as Bullard but move the ball well.

Yes,, Bullard is now on top of their game. Playing much better than earlier in the season. I am not sure if you heard but we beat CH by 40 on Friday(74-34). Our girls played great team ball and really kept Jasmine(CH guard) in check. She scored 21 but took a ton of shots. We probably held her to 20% shooting. The girls are playing well.

Kayla is really doing well for SH. Every time I read a boxscore she is in double figures. Congrats on the early success and we look forward to seeing her the next few years.

Yes,, Bullard is now on top of their game. Playing much better than earlier in the season. I am not sure if you heard but we beat CH by 40 on Friday(74-34). Our girls played great team ball and really kept Jasmine(CH guard) in check. She scored 21 but took a ton of shots. We probably held her to 20% shooting. The girls are playing well.

Kayla is really doing well for SH. Every time I read a boxscore she is in double figures. Congrats on the early success and we look forward to seeing her the next few years.

Thanks,

wow beating them by 40 is an accomplishment. i knew when we played yall the second game of the season that yall had a good team and you were going to keep improving. yall have a strong team and are very well coached.

Kayla met some girls from Bullard at A&M camp this summer and really liked them. As a matter of fact Kayla's roomate got sick and had to go home and those Bullard girls got her and let her stay with them in their room since she lost her roomate i thought that was neat. i hope we get to play yall again because that will mean we are meeting in the Playoffs.

I am looking forward to the city league this year. I have seen those Young Guns play and I can't wait to watch them play the other teams in the league. They will empty the other Pistols and take their bullets away from them so that the Pistols will be firing nothing but blanks. Didn't I notice that the Pine Tree team had a kid from Spring Hill playing on it? He seemed to be their best player.

Hey DLions-

Isn't this the weekend that the Young Guns play the Pistols? Let me know how it turns out. The Young Guns sound like they are not only going to beat you but shut you out as well. BigNeck seems to have it all figured out. I hope your boys from Pine Tree can find some game between now and Saturday.

Hey DLions-

Isn't this the weekend that the Young Guns play the Pistols? Let me know how it turns out. The Young Guns sound like they are not only going to beat you but shut you out as well. BigNeck seems to have it all figured out. I hope your boys from Pine Tree can find some game between now and Saturday.

Yes, it should be interesting. I just hope that ole BigNeck is wrong. I haven't heard much from him since his one and only post. We just want to try and not get embarrassed. I'll let you know what happens.

I am looking forward to the city league this year. I have seen those Young Guns play and I can't wait to watch them play the other teams in the league. They will empty the other Pistols and take their bullets away from them so that the Pistols will be firing nothing but blanks. Didn't I notice that the Pine Tree team had a kid from Spring Hill playing on it? He seemed to be their best player.

Well, even with no bullets and firing blanks the Pistols won the game 37-24. The Pistols didn't have their "A" game but found a way to get it done. The most disappointing part of the game was some of the things being said by Young Guns' fans to the Pistols' players. Maybe next time they will realize these are 9 and 10 year old kids. Just because your players can't stop someone doesn't give you the right to hurl insults. The Pistols let the scoreboard do the talking. If they play well next time they should win by 20+.

Congratulations to both teams on a hard fought game. The Pistols jumped out to a 16-0 lead and to the young guns credit they fought back. It is really fun to watch these kids play hard and compete. Some of the parents and fans need to chill. Bigneck, I hope you enjoy eating your words, it's cowards like you who run their mouth and can't back it up. We even ran a special play for you today called "bigneck". Snowbird is right we didn't play great, but some of the credit goes to the young guns play.

I also wanted to say how proud I was of the Spring Hill team today, they only had five players and played a very athletic team, but these guys didn't quit and really competed.

Just messing with you bigneck; I hope you were at the game. Have a great day!

Oh i am always around just keeping you guy's egos in check. lol Nice game D-Lions, i hope you scored on your play called big neck. I hope it was a 3 pointer.

It is hard to score on a defensive play. BigNeck was a trap play. Not sure if it worked but something did because it was 37-24. The only ego that needs checking is yours. You made the BOLD prediction about the Pistols getting beat and firing blanks. D-Lions only said he was hoping his boys could keep the game close. Now who did you say the Pistols best player was?

Oh i am always around just keeping you guy's egos in check. lol Nice game D-Lions, i hope you scored on your play called big neck. I hope it was a 3 pointer.

Just because we play and win doesn't mean that we have big ego's. Do I prepare my team to win by playing hard, smart, and developing good fundamentals? Yes! How does this have anything to do with ego? You WO people amaze me sometimes. Why don't you volunteer to coach and teach some fundamentals? If you will read you first post, you will see who has the ego problem.

You hit the nail on the head. Mine say they want to be good so we have a plan. I try to encourage them to do their ball handling and shooting drills everyday. Most days they really want to but there are days when they want a break so they just play. My oldest one is just now getting to a point that he reminds me about doing his drills. I want him to want it for himself not me. As long as THEY WANT to be good, I too will give them every resource and opportunity to be successful. But the drive must come from them.

Good luck to your Bearettes tonight. Who you got? Canton or Athens?

It's those trips to the Jacksonville camp that taught your kids skills!!!! :whome: :whome: :whome: :whome: :whome:

And CHICKEN WINGS!!!

It's those trips to the Jacksonville camp that taught your kids skills!!!! :whome: :whome: :whome: :whome: :whome:

And CHICKEN WINGS!!!

Hey, it's a great combination that works. Coach Harris and Coach Buckley put on a great skills camp and then we go eat some wings!

Hey djtoybuck, who is winning the other zone in the 8th grade girls basketball. How is J'ville doing? Pine Tree is winning in this zone and Hallsville is second. The district tourney is feb. 9, in J'ville.

Not real sure. I kinda confuse all the 7th A,7thB 8thA 8thB,

With all that said, Ithink the 7thA is pretty good and the 7thB is not

8th is a little weak i think. I'll check with the boss

DL23 check your message for a question?

12 Under Boys

Pistons vs. WO Roughnecks

Pistons 43 WO Roughnecks 42

Necks had them down by 19 at one point in the second half and Pistons come back to win---even with a running clock!Qwaylen, from Sabine, hit a 16 footer with eight seconds left for the go ahead winning basket. Great effort.

Great game by both teams.

That sounds like a great game. Looks like the rivalry between WO and Sabine will continue for a few more years.

The PT Pistols won their game on Saturday against the Mavericks 37-10.

The WO youngguns played a very athletic LA Stars and beat them 23-22. Good job guys!

Sabine beat SH, but the panthers played hard and gave them a battle.