Cowboys Giants III - The End Game

Giants @ Cowboys - Who ya got?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Giants
    • Cowboys

Guest bleedsbluengold24
How can he be? Tell us how he can be focused and make those weak mistakes?

So, the fact he had three or four 300 lb defensive lineman breathing down his neck every play had nothing to do with it? Please.

Aikman commentd that one of Romo's problems all season had been trying to make something out of a play that hadn't worked, i.e. not dumping the pass OB when he should have. This is nothing new for Romo. If it's lack of focus, then he hasn't been focused all season.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the fact he had three or four 300 lb defensive lineman breathing down his neck every play had nothing to do with it? Please.

I think he managed the 4th quarter like someone that had been on vacation and didn't take full advantage of the bye week.

How can he be? Tell us how he can be focused and make those weak mistakes? All you say is, and I paraphrase... you're wrong.

Oh and "great game"? Hardly.

His mistakes were because he was trying to make plays not lack of focus!

Anybody got the stats to compare how many times Romo was rushed, sacked, and hit during regular season compared to the number today - last I looked today he had dropped waaaaaaayyyyyy back 36 times; sacked 2, and hit 12. Romo may not have been focused, but it looks like his O-Line was STILL on vacation.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
I think he managed the 4th quarter like someone that had been on vacation.

Had I been a betting man, I would have bet my house and my business you would say that.

well i'm disappointed but not surprised.

there are alot of things that contributed to the loss today and i'm sure the vacation will be part of the blame but i don't think so. here's my opinion.

gotta play good football the month of Dec. as for the game today. 1st of all it was obvious Owens was not 100% and Glenn had no business being out there. i thought Romo did some good things but definately made his share of mistakes. he didn't seem to be able to throw the deep ball and some of that can be credited to the Giants defense. he took some sacks he shouldn't have. what hurt was the td they gave up right before the half and the dropped pass by Crayton. although it was only the 3rd qtr. i was afraid that play would come back to haunt them. there were also other dropped passes that hurt as well..

Dallas had several opportunities to put the Giants in a hole but they always made a mistake.

my hat is off to the Giants defense. they had alot of injuries in the secondary and they still pretty much shut down the Cowboys receivers. with Owens and Glenn not at 100% the other receivers needed to step up and they didn't. the difference was the pressure they put on Romo the 2nd half and stopped Barber.

once again congrats to the Giants. they will have their hands full in Lambeau next week.

i'm proud of the season the Cowboys had. again i'm very disappointed the way it ended but i think they will be back next year and hopefully they finish up the season better.

as much as i wanted them to go to the Super Bowl i didn't feel they could beat the Pats. anyway. but then again who can?

i'm sure many of you are watching Owens interview and will make fun of him for being upset but if that gives you a thrill go ahead. think about this though, he's handling himself as a team player and not pointing fingers. great season for TO this year.

also don't be surprised if Glenn retires. walking off the field he reached down and pulled up a piece of the turf and he was very upset.

the only laxidazical throw romo made was the one that actually looked like it may have slipped out of his hand to TO on third down..ending the drive with a 36 yard field goal...other than that romo was good...yes he should have got rid of the ball out side the pocket...but then again...........his line should block...his recievers should catch...and his defense shouldn't allow a TD in 40 seconds...

i believe this is how the convo went with aikman and buck

TA "ya know from what i've seen, patrick crayton has, probably, the best hands on the team."

JB "....really?"

How can he be? Tell us how he can be focused and make those weak mistakes? All you say is, and I paraphrase... you're wrong.

Oh and "great game"? Hardly.

what are you talking about? lack of focus can not be the blame for those mistakes. his offensive line lacked focus if anyone did. i agree he could have thrown some passes away but he was trying to make a play and had it not been for the poor blocking we wouldn't be talking about this. sure Romo made some mistakes but no way can all the blame be put on him or anyone else. you win as a team and you lose as a team and they did that today.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
TA "ya know from what i've seen, patrick crayton has, probably, the best hands on the team."

JB "....really?"

Aikman needs a Bud "Former player turned announcer who makes stupid comments cause he likes hearing himself rattle" commercial.

I hate Eli Manning

Who would have thought Eli would have made it past this round and not Peyton? Not me.

His mistakes were because he was trying to make plays not lack of focus!

Except for the time he got the grounding penalty. No pressure at all and he threw the ball out of bounds to nobody. I think he was thinking of his previous mishaps. He's a competitor, I'll give him that. There are brighter days for the Cowboys.

what are you talking about? lack of focus can not be the blame for those mistakes. his offensive line lacked focus if anyone did. i agree he could have thrown some passes away but he was trying to make a play and had it not been for the poor blocking we wouldn't be talking about this. sure Romo made some mistakes but no way can all the blame be put on him or anyone else. you win as a team and you lose as a team and they did that today.

I never said all the blame. He certainly gets some, though.

Say what you want about the D...they only gave up 230 yards total, even after counting Toomer's 1st quarter touchdown...when the refs kept giving the Giants free rides.

I'll stick up for Romo even when he had a few mistakes...he got plenty of drops and non-efforts (Crayton at the end) for his effort.

Here's what I'm seeing on tape from the 3rd quarter on; Dallas never adjusted any hot reads to take advantage of the Giants constant blitzing. No screens. No slants or drags toward a wide open middle of the field. Dallas runs deeper and deeper routes while the Giants keep bringing "Dog" blitzes. Dallas never adjusts. Two weeks to prepare how to carve this team up, and we're not half as diverse as we were. Hitch passes? Why is Owens and Glen running nothing but Go routes? Did Sparano suddenly jump in and start calling plays again?

The Giants ran what looked like basically run blitzes that also doubled as all-out blitzes; get to Romo, stop Barber. Bring more men than are protecting. Dallas never adjusts.

I never said all the blame. He certainly gets some, though.

yes because he's part of the team.

think about this. Dallas stops NY on 3rd down but the drive is kept alive by an offside penalty. the Giants then score on 2 missed tackles and Roy taking a dive at nothing.

then Dallas puts together a long drive and ties the game. then Dallas gets the ball back. the Giants drop an easy int. Dallas goes on and scores right before half. then the Giants march right down the field in about 40 secs to tie the game right at halftime.

ok 2nd half. Dallas has a sure 1st down and maybe a td to TO and Romo throws a terrible pass. they settle for a field goal. Dallas then gets the ball back and on 3rd down Romo throws a perfect pass to Crayton and he drops it. if he catches it it's possible he's still running but he at least had a 1st down. then they punt and give up a big return. what happens the Giants take the lead.

Dallas had the ball 2 more times and had plenty of opportunities. there were penalties, sacks due to poor blocking and the receivers not being able to get open. there were some times where it appeared a receiver was open but Romo was unable to drop it in.

anyway the td right before the half was the killer.

I think I am gonna be sick. Every year it gets harder and harder to be a cowboy fan. This is exactly why you don't go to Mexico last week. If you lose you will never live it down. I don't think Jimmy or even Barry would have ever allowed that, but at the same time I don't think Aikman would have ever even considered it. Sure Romo makes plays that are exciting, but as I have said all along, there is a reason he was not highly recruited out of high school. There is a reason he was not drafted out of college, and there is a reason he can not win big games. He is just good enough to get you beat. I would be willing to bet if you look back at his football career from the very beginging you will see dissapointments like the last two years are the norm. It is not a talent problem. It is a leadership problem. He just does not have "IT". He is just good enough to get you beat.

I think I am gonna be sick. Every year it gets harder and harder to be a cowboy fan. This is exactly why you don't go to Mexico last week. If you lose you will never live it down. I don't think Jimmy or even Barry would have ever allowed that, but at the same time I don't think Aikman would have ever even considered it. Sure Romo makes plays that are exciting, but as I have said all along, there is a reason he was not highly recruited out of high school. There is a reason he was not drafted out of college, and there is a reason he can not win big games. He is just good enough to get you beat. I would be willing to bet if you look back at his football career from the very beginging you will see dissapointments like the last two years are the norm. It is not a talent problem. It is a leadership problem. He just does not have "IT". He is just good enough to get you beat.

what a joke

Guest bleedsbluengold24
He is just good enough to get you beat.

Good point. I guess that's why the Cows won their division. Please.

How long was Manning and Brady in the league before they got their first playoff win? For gosh sakes he only was a starter since last year.

Some of you may not agree but I put almost all of the blame on the Cowboys head coach. When post season play begins it is just like high school playoffs, no game is more important the upcoming game. If you lose you're out. You need to be completely focused on the task at hand from the moment you learn who you will be playing. It is crucial (IMO) that your players spend as much time together everyday watching film, discussing strategy, and simply thinking\talking football. This is not what the Cowboys did leading up to this game. They went on vacation with their coaches permission.

Now, imagine yourself being Tony Romo on a beautiful beach sipping a cocktail with Jessica Simpson lying next to you in a bikini. If that was you would you be thinking about work? However, I do not blame Romo because if someone told me "Jessica Simpson in a bikini on a beach with you OR film room with a dozen stinkin sweaty football players?", I would have been in Cabo too! The coach should have kept his team together, brainstorming, watching film, and just the togetherness. It may not have made any difference but it could not have hurt any worse and Romo (unfortunatley) will wear this tag for a looonnngg time.

And btw Straw, buddy, I have too disagree with you. Romo did not play a great game. He was way off on several passes, made a few horrible mental errors, and just did not play with the tenacity that we all saw up until December. Give the guy a couple more years, he is still fairly inexperienced. Not saying that he had a terrible game, but the better QB won the game tonight. And IMO Little Manning is not a better QB than Romo CAN BE!

Go Farve

oooops I meant Favre......

How long was Manning and Brady in the league before they got their first playoff win? For gosh sakes he only was a starter since last year.

i believe brady won the super bowl after taking over for bledslow...so thats kind of a tough argument you got there...romo also sat on the bench for 3 years...so you cant use that same excuse for brady...

Some of you may not agree but I put almost all of the blame on the Cowboys head coach. When post season play begins it is just like high school playoffs, no game is more important the upcoming game. If you lose you're out. You need to be completely focused on the task at hand from the moment you learn who you will be playing. It is crucial (IMO) that your players spend as much time together everyday watching film, discussing strategy, and simply thinking\talking football. This is not what the Cowboys did leading up to this game. They went on vacation with their coaches permission.

Now, imagine yourself being Tony Romo on a beautiful beach sipping a cocktail with Jessica Simpson lying next to you in a bikini. If that was you would you be thinking about work? However, I do not blame Romo because if someone told me "Jessica Simpson in a bikini on a beach with you OR film room with a dozen stinkin sweaty football players?", I would have been in Cabo too! The coach should have kept his team together, brainstorming, watching film, and just the togetherness. It may not have made any difference but it could not have hurt any worse and Romo (unfortunatley) will wear this tag for a looonnngg time.

And btw Straw, buddy, I have too disagree with you. Romo did not play a great game. He was way off on several passes, made a few horrible mental errors, and just did not play with the tenacity that we all saw up until December. Give the guy a couple more years, he is still fairly inexperienced. Not saying that he had a terrible game, but the better QB won the game tonight. And IMO Little Manning is not a better QB than Romo CAN BE!

Go Farve

I agree.