Cowboys Giants III - The End Game

Giants @ Cowboys - Who ya got?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Giants
    • Cowboys

Guest imyahuckleberry
Dropped balls, poor tackling, coverage breakdowns, special teams breakdowns, penalties, poor throws, bad sacks, and playoff-time vacations are all symptoms of a team without good focus.

You summed up my thoughts exactly.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleedsbluengold24
I'm gonna keep attempting to make my point...

Dropped balls, poor tackling, coverage breakdowns, special teams breakdowns, penalties, poor throws, bad sacks, and playoff-time vacations are all symptoms of a team without good focus.

I have no doubt this team had lost its focus. But the things you mentioned were happening at the end of the regular season.

I have no doubt this team had lost its focus. But the things you mentioned were happening at the end of the regular season.

The closest I've ever come to saying when it started was in another thread when I mentioned that when Favre went down the Cowboys played like they had it all wrapped up. And it doesn't really matter when it started just that it did.

Romo needs to study up on the rule as to when to throw the ball away and when not to ....what a huge brain #### he had

Anybody else notice when Eli threw the ball away to nowhere, there's no intentional grounding call?

The reason Romo kept holding the ball in the face of the constant blitz is because Dallas kept sending everyone on deeper routes that took too much time. The back stayed in to block half the time, and he had no one to throw the ball to. No hot reads, no short routes.

When the back and the TE stayed in to block, the Giants, even with a weakened secondary, could effectively double cover everyone in pattern. Garrett repeated this scenario through the 3rd-4th quarters.

Can anyone else explain to me why you give your team vacation time during the playoffs? Go to Disneyworld after you win the Super Bowl. Go celebrate in Mexico after the season. You have reached the must win portion of the season and you take a few days off???? Do that after you have clinched the division and then get ready for the Playoffs!! Don't do that during the playoffs!!! This might be the dumbest thing the Cowboys have ever done!!!! At least we get to pick earlier in the draft! Maybe we will draft a new front office because that is what we really need!

Can anyone else explain to me why you give your team vacation time during the playoffs? Go to Disneyworld after you win the Super Bowl. Go celebrate in Mexico after the season. You have reached the must win portion of the season and you take a few days off???? Do that after you have clinched the division and then get ready for the Playoffs!! Don't do that during the playoffs!!! This might be the dumbest thing the Cowboys have ever done!!!! At least we get to pick earlier in the draft! Maybe we will draft a new front office because that is what we really need!

maybe the vacation was not the right thing to do at least in some eyes but it had nothing to do with the loss yesterday. this started way back in the GB game when Favre went down. they coasted the 2nd half and never regained the intensity they had all season. at least they did play a little better than they did against Philly and Wash. and they had many opportunities to win but 11 penalties, dropped passes and mental mistakes killed them.

all we can do now is re-group and get ready for next season. until they learn to finish the season playing well we will still be looking for a playoff win. i believe the same thing happened to Indy yesterday. San Diego and NY happened to be 2 of the hottest teams at the end of the season and that's why they are still playing.

What hurts as much as anything is 3 of the 4 losses this year to divisional opponents. Only lost to the Patriots beyond that. I think if they had lost to Green Bay next week, that would have been some what more tolerable.

And having the home field advantage and being knocked out immediately just reopens the wounds the Mavericks created last year.

You just don't take a vacation in the middle of the playoffs. As many have mentioned, it may not be the reason for the loss, but it obviously didn't help either. Yes, the Cowboys have played poorly for weeks, but all the more reason to take advantage of the extra week to work out kinks instead of taking off completely.

I'm reminded of what was said during the Patriot game. That before the Patriots even knew who their opponent would be, they started practicing to play the Jaguars. Partly because they thought that is who it would be, and partly because I believe the other option was Pittsburgh, whom they had already played once. But regardless, they were preparing. As much as I hate the Patriots, I do admire their work ethic.

I haven't felt that way about the Cowboys since Jimmie left. The Cowboys come into games now like yesterday, and my thinking is "I hope we beat the Giants', when back in the Johnson era, once he got the team rolling, the thought process was more "try and stop us from getting to the Super Bowl". Had he stayed they would have won had 4 straight Super Bowls.

I really thought after last year's loss to Seattle that we would see a different result in round 1. But it was scary similar.

1. Press or t.v., agents or advisors, family or wives, friends or relatives, fans or hangers on, ignore them on matters of football, they don’t know what’s happening here.

2. Don’t forget to have fun, but don’t be the class clown. Clowns and leaders don’t mix. Clowns can’t run a huddle.

3. A quarterback throws with his legs more than his arms. Squat and run. Fat quarterbacks can’t avoid the rush.

4. Know your job cold. This is not a game without errors. Keep yours to a minimum. Study.

5. Know your own players. Who’s fast? Who can catch? Who needs encouragement? Be precise. Know your opponent.

6. Be the same guy everyday. In condition, preparing to lead, studying your plan. A coach can’t prepare you for every eventuality. Prepare yourself and remember, impulse decisions usually equal mistakes.

7. Throwing the ball away is a good play. Sacks, interceptions, and fumbles are bad plays..Protect against those.

8. You must learn to manage the game. Personnel, play call, motions, ball handling, proper reads, accurate throws, play fakes. Clock, clock, clock, don’t you ever lose track of the clock.

9. Passing stats and td passes are not how you’re gonna be judged. Your job is to get your team in the endzone and that’s how you’re gonna be judged.

10. When all around you is in chaos, you must be the hand that steers the ship. If you have a panic button, so will everyone else. Our ship can’t have panic buttons.

11. Don’t be a celebrity quarterback. We don’t need any of those. We need battlefield commanders that are willing to fight it out everyday, every week, and every season, and lead their team to win after win after win.

Parcells 11 commandments to quarterbacks. Notice #11!!!!!!

Funny you mention Parcells; does anybody else believe he would have had this team ready after two weeks as healthy as it was? I kinda agree with what JJT said in the paper this morning; Phillips coddled these players and let them make excuses.

We've seen the Giants blitz like this before, and torched them. I don't understand how we weren't ready for it.

TwistedMetal -

Where did you find that? I recorded it when Parcells read in on TV with the intension of writing them down to give to my son. Now I don't have to! :happy65:

Google search, Parcells 11 commandments for quarterbacks.

No slants or hot reads...

That's the problem. Tearing apart the middle of the field has made us the offense that we are for most of the season, and the Giants give us gaping pastures for the entire 2nd half. Why didn't we take it?

It's just as Bill Barnswell said: It seems so obvious. Go full house, play action, send Witten out there against Kawika Mitchell. Repeat.

That's the problem. Tearing apart the middle of the field has made us the offense that we are for most of the season, and the Giants give us gaping pastures for the entire 2nd half. Why didn't we take it?

It's just as Bill Barnswell said: It seems so obvious. Go full house, play action, send Witten out there against Kawika Mitchell. Repeat.

I don't know who Bill Barnswell is, but if he keeps spitting that kind of stuff out he's sure to get an interview somewhere. :P