What's you favorite sport and why?

hoops4life

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ours in Waco was the race on Valley Mills Drive to Lakeshore Drive (tricky around that Lake Waco curve), through Bellmead (our officer's name was Scooter), hang a left and take the shortcut to I-35 (miss the drunks coming out of the bars in no-man's land), pick up speed on I-35 back to Valley Mills. My father always said I should have been a race car driver - I was only caught ONCE! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Friday and Saturday nights were crazy when I was going to school at Baylor. The Valley was always crawlin (mainly wanna be's) with people racing. Did quite a few ridealongs with Waco PD and got to see first hand.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing golf is a passion!!! Going from cannot play worth a flip one day to every thing is hit solid is what makes this game unconquerable. Played terrible earlier this month and shot 88. Then two weeks later (today) shoot 2 under par (70). Just a great game to try and master.

I played basketball and it's what I was great at but my favorite sport was football. Also played baseball but that was like trying to watch PeeWee Herman dance....lol.

Cheapy, I don't mean this sarcastically but did you play sports? I know you love baseball and hockey but did you play them or anything else? I wonder if you would have if you might have an appreciation for the other's?

Cheapy, I don't mean this sarcastically but did you play sports?

I played Little League Baseball until my Freshman year in High School ... did not play in HS.

...I don't think my appreciation or lack of appreciation of a sport has anything to with whether or not I played them :)

I played Little League Baseball until my Freshman year in High School ... did not play in HS.

...I don't think my appreciation or lack of appreciation of a sport has anything to with whether or not I played them :)

Sure it would! Ask anyone that's played another sport. For example baseball. I hated it because I was horrible. Not at pitching though but I also loved it because every spring there was the smell of fresh cut grass. The sound of the bat hitting the ball. Popcorn, peanuts, all that stuff just made you feel like it was time to play ball. You could feel it in your bones. And it made you love it!

In my summer's I played basketball to get ready for basketball season. I played a bunch of summer leagues and I can't say they were the most fun but my experiences that I had made me love it all the more. At Ohio State, we weren't always allowed in St. John Arena so sometimes we would have to run all the way to Larkins Hall which is a 5 mile run. Well one summer it was the hottest ever in Ohio and it about killed us! Then another time we had to play out on the blacktop and I got a sunburn you wouldn't believe! But come winter, when you walked in that gym, there was that stale dusty, gym smell and just like baseball, you could feel it in your bones and all the work you put into that one moment made you love it!

Same with football and any other sport. I love the fall because I know it's time for football. Thats what the Kenny Chesney song, Boys of Fall is all about. It really does help you love it more if you've been through it.

And I wasn't trying to imply that you weren't an athlete. I had remember you played baseball after I posted that. If I came off that way, I didn't mean it.

To play: Tennis. I like a sport where you are constantly active and moving around.

To watch: Football. definitely

Least Favorite. nascar.. its SOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring to me. Not saying anything bad about people who enjoy it but i dont see how anybody could get entertainment out of fast cars and left turns.

• 2 months later...

T-ball is probably the greatest thing to watch, especially once you get to the state tournament. I was amazed this past year at the talent and discipline some of the kids had. I coached for a couple years and there is a lot of strategy involved if you want to win with some kids that arents very good. lol. I love playing all sports, but slow pitch softball is my favorite now that my baseball days are over.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Swimming is my all time favorite sport and there are many health benefits that I can obtain from swimming and its keeps me out of fat gaining as well. Swimming has the benefit of exercising both upper and lower body at the same time. It also helps build stamina and circulation. It is the only sport that utilizes every muscle group in the body. It increases coordination, breathing skills, and endurance.

• 1 month later...

Only 100 slots remain for the first Secondary Summit. Secondary Summit is a clinic devoted to bringing the best football minds together for a day of devising strategies to combat the spread offense.

This one-day clinic will feature coaches from the: Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Stanford Cardinal and Lake Travis Cavs. Also, a former Navy SEAL will talk about how to construct a defensive gameplan the Navy SEAL Way.

Don't miss it.

Date: Feb. 11, 2012

Register today at: Secondary Summit

Coach Daron K. Roberts

[email protected]

617.308.6913 (cell)

• 2 weeks later...

I love to play cricket, I was a big fan of cricket since I was a child and now I play in a team and I'm a good all-rounder too.

Im thinkn thay wuz askin bout reel sports lyke americans play. Not social activitys lyke criket an bingo. Jus tryn tu help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...