What's you favorite sport and why?

hoops4life

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy all the sports...Both boys and girls.

My first love, though, is football. I can't seem to walk away from it. I played at Kilgore in the mid-late '80's where we were very successful. An injury kept me from playing collegiately, but I did play a couple of years at the semi-pro level here in East Texas for the East Texas Wolves. I also was the head coach of the team for a year before stepping away from it to concentrate on my son's athletic endeavors.

For me, football is king! :coolio:

:coolball:

Baseball. A sport that combines the individuality of the pitcher/batter matchup with the team play of an infield turning two to kill a rally. No time clocks ticking down, each team gets an equal number of opportunities to try to score.

It's played outdoors, generally in the spring and summer, a beautiful time to be outside.

Well, you know I... I never got to bat in the major leagues. I would have liked to have had that chance. Just once. To stare down a big league pitcher. To stare him down, and just as he goes into his windup, wink. Make him think you know something he doesn't. That's what I wish for. Chance to squint at a sky so blue that it hurts your eyes just to look at it. To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag. That's my wish, Ray Kinsella. That's my wish. And is there enough magic out there in the moonlight to make this dream come true? -- Moonlight Graham

I have to say Baseball. Since, I'm growing older, I like the intricasies of the game. It's similar, to a card game or a chess match. I love watching the shifts and adjustments.

I enjoy watching a good game of baseball, and the smell of spring. Perhaps, I'm experiencing a tad bit of cabin fever.

Friday Nite Lights, high school football! Followed by high school baseball and a close third is indoor soccer (boys club basketball court) it's a blast to watch! You can have all the drama of professional sports :wacko:

Football followed in a close race by NASCAR. Football is what it is great. And I said NASCAR instead of racing because there is a diffence. I am not into Indy, CART or Formula One. I like my racing NASCAR style.

I couldn't agree with you more. I LOVE me some football and NASCAR! I will say that I also enjoy watching a little Indy League racing, as well.

I'm also glad to see no one (as of yet) has jumped on the "Racing is not a sport" bandwagon. Having taken 8 laps around Texas Motor Speedway in a NASCAR race car, at over 140 mph, I'd argue with anyone that it isn't a sport. It takes conditioning, EXTREME concentration, planning, strategy, teamwork, etc. in order to be at the top of the game. Split-second decisions have to be continuously made while traveling at close to 200 mph, with other cars within 1 foot of you, or you end up on someone's newsreel the next day. What a great sport!

Most definitely FOOTBALL! Basketball is a distant second, and baseball an even more distant third. These ratings are as a spectator. If we were to rate as an activity it would be basketball first, the only sport I still play regularly ...... too old to play the others. :gameboy: :no: :D

I'm also glad to see no one (as of yet) has jumped on the "Racing is not a sport" bandwagon.

The bandwagon is Nascar ~ The following is huge.....I am not a fan of racing, people tell me I just need to go see it live and I would be hooked.....I really don't see it as a sport but I don't consider golf, bowling, or poker a sport either...I realize that I must be wrong because the great sports authority which is ESPN gives coverage to all of the above.....

I like baseball, because of the history and tradition of the game. They don't tinker with the rules every year like the NFL, or ruin the legitimacy of the game like the NBA did with the addition of the no-charge area under the basket. "No defense allowed down here guys, so that a player can dunk more easily."