Big winners and the not so big winners?

EagleOne

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pine Tree is actually a winner in my book. WOW they probably wont make the playoffs in football, nothing new. In baseball, basketball and soccer they are winners because that district is a whole lot weaker, i mean a lot weaker!!!

i know pine tree is good...but youve obviously never seen Thigh and Marshall play baseball...yes pine tree is an excellent team...but ill be looking to see how alive your bats become when Turley and Heathcott go at you...and Damien for that matter...

Tatum was a big loser. You eagles better be glad 3 teams go to the playoffs. lol

If I'm not mistaken, 3 teams go to the playoffs out of every district in every classification, correct??(Even 4 teams in some cases). Which brings me to.......whats your point? Trying to take a jab at a 2A school moving up to 3A? Oh, wait a minute........we won a state title the last year we were in 3A, which was just a few years ago if I remember correctly. Great attempt to dog one of the superior East Texas teams though, a big thumbs up to you. Talk all you want, run that mouth a little bit.....no matter how much you like it, Tatum is always a playoff caliber team and then some......no matter what classification they're in, which we have been for the last 18 years with the exception of '02. Everybody knows Gilmer is the big favorite in East Texas 3A.......but besides them, who's the other team that schools put a star beside on their schedule? Tatum!!! Tatum is a force to be reckoned with when you factor in our tradition of winning, tradition of speed, and a coach that is 53-6(with 3 strait state title appearances, 2 of them coming away with RINGS) in the 4 years he's been at Tatum, 3 of those losses being to the powerhouse Gilmer program. Say what you want, say what you will, but anybody with legit football since will tell you that Tatum aint no punk and a statement like that is just ignorant. And unless you're from Gilmer, which I know you aren't because Gilmer has the utmost respect for Tatum, just shut up, line up, and take your shot at them green Eagles.

If I'm not mistaken, 3 teams go to the playoffs out of every district in every classification, correct??(Even 4 teams in some cases). Which brings me to.......whats your point? Trying to take a jab at a 2A school moving up to 3A? Oh, wait a minute........we won a state title the last year we were in 3A, which was just a few years ago if I remember correctly. Great attempt to dog one of the superior East Texas teams though, a big thumbs up to you. Talk all you want, run that mouth a little bit.....no matter how much you like it, Tatum is always a playoff caliber team and then some......no matter what classification they're in, which we have been for the last 18 years with the exception of '02. Everybody knows Gilmer is the big favorite in East Texas 3A.......but besides them, who's the other team that schools put a star beside on their schedule? Tatum!!! Tatum is a force to be reckoned with when you factor in our tradition of winning, tradition of speed, and a coach that is 53-6(with 3 strait state title appearances, 2 of them coming away with RINGS) in the 4 years he's been at Tatum, 3 of those losses being to the powerhouse Gilmer program. Say what you want, say what you will, but anybody with legit football since will tell you that Tatum aint no punk and a statement like that is just ignorant. And unless you're from Gilmer, which I know you aren't because Gilmer has the utmost respect for Tatum, just shut up, line up, and take your shot at them green Eagles.

Tell him how you feel Eagle8........

Wonder why Tatum/D'field game didn't get scheduled? We had to have compiled the greatest "smack" talk thread of all time with you guys in round 2. Good luck to the boys from Tatum in '08.....

The biggest winner is D'field.... The biggest loser, the rest of the field in 17AA. Great things are fixing to start happening in D'field again. Many, Many, Many, Many, Many good athletes coming up for the next several years.

In 2A, Paul Pewitt and Elysian Field were big winners. Both left very tough districts for very not-so-tough districts. And to top that, Paul Pewitt is in a weaker region. Look for Pewitt to make some serious noise in the playoffs this year.

Pewitt will be a tough team in '08, but look out in '09..... They are going to be really really good! really!

You tell them. Now that tatum is in the same district with spring Hill again it will be fun to watch all the games. Wow what a district this is going to be. Every sport is going to be a dog fight. We all know that Gilmer and Tatum are the teams to beat but its still going to be alot of fun playing alll the teams in this district

look man i hate to say it but the talent level in tatum just isnt the same as it was when we were in 3a before, i'd love to say we're gonna make a 4th trip to state in football this coming year, but look at the lone game we played against a 3a school last season, it's not looking good for the home team, all this playing down to the level of our opponent in 2a isn't going to cut it. Tatum's gonna have to dig deep in 2008, and bring tha A game every week if they wanna repeat as district champs in football. but in Track Tatum still has that one sewed up, see you at the Eagle Relays

I suppose they're both winners in the fact they'll get more wins, but how much satisfaction are you going to get from beating Anna, Van Alstyne, etc?

I'd rather go see the Texas Highs, Mt. Pleasants and that group every week even though it's so much tougher to win.

Makes me happy. All we can do is play the team on the schedule.

id say mt. pleasant is a pretty big loser in this one...

we lose 3 teams that didn't make the playoffs (paris, NL, and Lindale) we kept SS and THS...and then added Hallsville (who MP typically has a problem with) longview, and marshall...the reason MP is a bigger loser in this case than Pine tree is because MP is a potential playoff team...PT isn't

i know 4 teams go this year...but MP loses alot in may to graduation...for MP to make the playoffs they are going to have to hit the weight room hardcore this summer...

id say mt. pleasant is a pretty big loser in this one...

we lose 3 teams that didn't make the playoffs (paris, NL, and Lindale) we kept SS and THS...and then added Hallsville (who MP typically has a problem with) longview, and marshall...the reason MP is a bigger loser in this case than Pine tree is because MP is a potential playoff team...PT isn't

i know 4 teams go this year...but MP loses alot in may to graduation...for MP to make the playoffs they are going to have to hit the weight room hardcore this summer...

Haha yea same with SS PT and Hallsville. Maybe we can fight for a fifth spot in a few years for playoffs :whome: SS returns a good QB and Hallsville returns a good offence and PT didnt do anything with all the talent they had last year. Maybe i can still get to watch MP or Hallsville in the playoffs! If we can win against WH and they can beat SS then we should get our turns. We beat WH two years in a row and then shot ourselfs in the foot the last two minutes both times. We should have all that fixed by now. MP just always has talent its just how the coach plays the game.

Hallsville loses alot in baseball and in volleyball and track and softball. All other sports should take care of themselves.

...the reason MP is a bigger loser in this case than Pine tree is because MP is a potential playoff team...PT isn't

Not to mention, Pine Tree will probably beat MP. :w00t:

Not to mention, Pine Tree will probably beat MP. :w00t:

Haha ive always wanted to see this matchup. i know (and alot may think this is arguable) 12-4a was much tougher than 11-4a i wonder how MP would place in a 12-4a race. Because PT is usually a good team, they play nearly everyone close just like MP. so i wonder if MP would've placed in hendersons or PTs place in dist. (on any regular year.) As i rival of PT i hope MP can win but i couldnt say they would. Should be a great matchup.

I think a lot of people are going to be in for a big surprise, the 3 toughest teams from 11-4A are now in 13-4A. A lot of questions will be answered from all the smack talk from the past year of how SS, TH and MP could not compete in 12-4A. The only 2 teams that have me worried are Longview and Marshall.

Beating Anna can't give as much satisfaction as beating Texas High, but beating Anna is bound to give a lot more satisfaction than losing to Texas High. 'Course I'm not a Paris or North Lamar fan so don't pay no mind to me. Hey, maybe if y'all petition the UIL they'd put you back up there and let you in on some of that T-High / Longview / Marshall goodness. :whome:

You could do the same. Petition the UIL and get ya some 3A, like Gilmer and Tatum! :whome:

I think a lot of people are going to be in for a big surprise, the 3 toughest teams from 11-4A are now in 13-4A. A lot of questions will be answered from all the smack talk from the past year of how SS, TH and MP could not compete in 12-4A. The only 2 teams that have me worried are Longview and Marshall.

You mean the top three from last year. NL finished 2nd in 11-4A in 2006 and I know we beat y'all in 05 and 06. :whome:

You mean the top three from last year. NL finished 2nd in 11-4A in 2006 and I know we beat y'all in 06 and 05. :whome:

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. SS had a couple of bad years there, but we lost a minimal amount of starters and we should be better next year, TH is always tough and MP has been on the rise for the last couple of years.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. SS had a couple of bad years there, but we lost a minimal amount of starters and we should be better next year, TH is always tough and MP has been on the rise for the last couple of years.

Sorry. I read it differently.

I think SS will have a big year in '08. I hear there are some outstanding receivers moving up to replace graduating seniors.

Longview will be tough, and Marshall will be too. I don't think SS will keep the perfect district record. But Rollison and crew will be in the playoffs.

Haha yea same with SS PT and Hallsville. Maybe we can fight for a fifth spot in a few years for playoffs :whome: SS returns a good QB and Hallsville returns a good offence and PT didnt do anything with all the talent they had last year. Maybe i can still get to watch MP or Hallsville in the playoffs! If we can win against WH and they can beat SS then we should get our turns. We beat WH two years in a row and then shot ourselfs in the foot the last two minutes both times. We should have all that fixed by now. MP just always has talent its just how the coach plays the game.

Hallsville loses alot in baseball and in volleyball and track and softball. All other sports should take care of themselves.

"Offence" is spelled O-F-F-E-N-S-E........