Whats the highest Gas price you seen this week/

hogwash

I filled up at Brookshires in Whitehouse at 3.08 but just up the road at Shell and Exxon i believe it is was like 3.19 and not one car at the pump.

Aside from their cardholders I think their higher gas prices are going to hurt Shell and Exxon.

On my way to Longview this morning, I was listening to 92.1 out of Tyler. They were reporting that the highest gas in the nation was $5.20. I can't remember where it was. Around here, I'm seeing $3.09 to $3.19. That's now more than my coffee drink, and I get a lot more mileage out of it!!!!! :thumbsup:

Have to admit, I love my little Honda. I'm amazed at the number of huge SUV's and pickups are on the road. How do the owners afford the gas to fill up either of those?

On my way to Longview this morning, I was listening to 92.1 out of Tyler. They were reporting that the highest gas in the nation was $5.20. I can't remember where it was. Around here, I'm seeing $3.09 to $3.19. That's now more than my coffee drink, and I get a lot more mileage out of it!!!!! :thumbsup:

Have to admit, I love my little Honda. I'm amazed at the number of huge SUV's and pickups are on the road. How do the owners afford the gas to fill up either of those?

I asked my dad that last week Yao. He and I both drive V-8 half-ton pickups, his is a 4-door, while mine is only an extended cab, but mine is a 4x4 with mud tires, so it gets around 10-12 mpg on a good day. $72.00 for a full tank the other day. Ridiculous!!!!!!

OMG - Somebody would have to call 911 if I looked up and saw the total was $75. I'd be in cardiac arrest! Somebody at school the other day was talking about how they STOPPED at $90. I wondered why. If it's already rolled to $90 - might as well fill 'er up, you know?

I had looked at the smaller SUV's last summer. I sure am glad I waited. I don't see gas prices coming down any time soon. I'll be surprised if they ever go below $2.95 again.

***This is where everybody joins back in and hijacks the thread with opinions about greedy oil companies, the President going to war for oil, and government intervention. SOOOOOO, I'll start. Government could start by removing the taxes they've added to each gallon of gas. How much of the $3.00 is taxes? And, that's as far as I think the government should intervene.***

$3.19 - $3.29 here in Birmingham, Alabama. It's only going to go higher, look at milk prices. Borden's here is $5.18, the local brand is $3.89 a gallon. Cows keep producing milk, but the organic material needed to produce petroleum isn't keeping up with the demand.

Get used to it, it's only going to go higher.

Not only that, Dave, but the cost of shipping is going to drive it - and everything else - up. All a vicious circle. One affects the other.

Sad, but true. The cost isn't going to go down, unless a reserve is tapped into. After that's used up, we're going to have to find alternative transportation.

Last year, I was ripped for bringing up "Arbor Day". Trees are renewable resources, you can cut them down, and you can plant more. The same can't be said for Petroleum. The more consumers there are in need of commodities, the price is going to go up. I suppose I can talk till I'm blue in the face, but facts are facts.

I know I love automobiles, but an alternative has to invented.

OMG - Somebody would have to call 911 if I looked up and saw the total was $75. I'd be in cardiac arrest! Somebody at school the other day was talking about how they STOPPED at $90. I wondered why. If it's already rolled to $90 - might as well fill 'er up, you know?

Yao, that must've been an Excursion or a diesel...or a diesel Excursion?!?!

I have heard the price of gas is supposed to go down... anyone else hear or read anything on it? Still $3.09 in OC as of yesterday.

I went to work at 5:00 last night and gas was at $3.09 at the Fina I always use. On the way home at around 1:00 a.m., it was $3.15 per gallon.

I filled up at Brookshires in Whitehouse at 3.08 but just up the road at Shell and Exxon i believe it is was like 3.19 and not one car at the pump.

Although 11 cents is not going to make hardly a difference. For a 20-gallon tank, that's $2.10. Hardly anyone actually notices a difference in $2.10 when they go to buy gas nowadays ... the money disappears rapidly. You fill once a week, you're paying about eight bucks a month. There's no real significance in price until it drops or rises a quarter or so.

It's real fun for those of us who practically live in their cars. I drive more 3,000 miles per month. I spend at least $300-350 a month on gas.