suggestion for Smoaky

AugustusMcCray

Would it be possible to make this board or at least a section of it for coaches only? another site--texasfootballcoaches.com is for coaches only--you have to use your name and school email to get on. its a pretty good deal--you don't have to deal w/ all the #### talking from kids and parents--the fans could have their section and the coaches have theirs. how about smoak?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleeds
Would it be possible to make this board or at least a section of it for coaches only? another site--texasfootballcoaches.com is for coaches only--you have to use your name and school email to get on. its a pretty good deal--you don't have to deal w/ all the #### talking from kids and parents--the fans could have their section and the coaches have theirs. how about smoak?

Not Smoak, but just some thoughts.

Is this an indication of how you feel about your players and their parents? If not for the kids and parents, you don't have a team.

If my kid was still playing HS sports, I'd be offended by your characterizations.

Have a nice day.

I think that is a great idea. Everybody needs a place they feel like they can go and share ideas, questions and just general BS along with others in the same profession. Not everything is meant to be public information. We all need a place to vent and share experiences especially when it comes to the workplace.

Stop and think about where you work. Would you want everyone on this forum to have an opinion and weigh-in on every move made by you and your co-workers?

I say by all means Smoak, give em a forum ... :thumbsup:

btw: I am not a coach. I am a parent of a FB player @ a local ET HS.

I say no way Smoaky. Then are we going to have a "special" section for other professions as well .... doctor's section, lawyer's section, truck driver's section, law enforcement section? Give me a break. The coaching profession is no better or no worse that any other profession and should not be given their own "special" section.

If there is one of those sections there, why would you need it here?

You right Blue. If that website (www.texasfootballcoaches.com) already has a coaches only (limited for only coaches who don't want any who is not a coach to be on it) then they should stay with their www.texasfootballcoaches.com.

Otherwise, any topic & posting here is open to everyone.

yes i'm a coach.--and yes it gets on my nerves when people get on here and talk #### and trash talk--look at all the posts that turn bad and end up bashing on someone and has name calling etc... bleeds u r a perfect example--i said i would like a place where i could talk football w/ other coaches w/o all the h.s. kids getting on and trash talking and u try and make it out as if i am saying something about our kids???? how did it take that turn? and i'm sure Dr's do have a forum somewhere where they can go and talk--THIS IS A SPORTS FORUM--so why can't the coaches who coach these sports have a place where they can discuss issues w/o kids getting on and trash talking?

i would like it so I could talk football w/ other coaches from this area.

www.texasfootballcoaches.com

It has message boards for coaches only, right?

(From www.texasfootballcoaches.com):

"This is not an anonymous message board; you must register all REQUIRED information correctly. If you are looking for a place to remain anonymous, this is not it. This website is for networking and interaction with football coaches

In order to register for the message board portion of the website, please read and follow these instructions:

You must register a unique username as well as a unique password. You can use any username you would like; your username does not have to be your name.

You must register with a school e-mail or you will be deleted.

Once you register, you are required to confirm your registration with an e-mail that will be sent to you. It may be sent to your junk box so keep an eye out for it. If you do not receive it, e-mail me at..."

The other site obviously #### or you'd be over there. That's why.

Well, I haven't been to that site so I can't verify if it #### or not.

Just curious why it would matter to anybody on this site if there was a section that they couldn't access. There are pleanty of places in the real world a lot of us can't get into based on credentials etc. Geeeeeeeezzzz . no biggie.

As far as lawyers, doctors etc. ... man this is a sports forum bro, and coaches still fall into that catagory the last time I looked.

Maybe they need a sports forum where the ratio is better than 10 hall monitors to every 1 student. ... :w00t:

I would agree with the others who say that there shouldn't be a dedicated site for coaches. The perfect site for that is the coaches site that was referenced.

I can, though, offer an idea for you Outlaw. Go to groups.yahoo.com and setup a coaches only group forum. You (or someone of your choosing) can be the Moderator and control who is allowed to join. Put the word out to all of your coaching friends and before long you will have the private area that you desire. Any new member who wants to join has to come through the Moderator.

I can't totally disagree with your comment regarding the trash-talking. If I were a coach, I would probably have a tough time with my players being on this site during the season. I just don't think the answer is to segregate this forum.

Well, I haven't been to that site so I can't verify if it #### or not.

Just curious why it would matter to anybody on this site if there was a section that they couldn't access. There are pleanty of places in the real world a lot of us can't get into based on credentials etc. Geeeeeeeezzzz . no biggie.

As far as lawyers, doctors etc. ... man this is a sports forum bro, and coaches still fall into that catagory the last time I looked.

Maybe they need a sports forum where the ratio is better than 10 hall monitors to every 1 student. ... :w00t:

I can show the coach how to start his own forum just for coaches. Probably would be a hit!

Why is it when someone disagrees with a certain post it gets labeled as "bashing the poster?"

If you expect everyone to agree with your opinions and praise you for them, you don't need a "coaches only" forum.

You need a "Yay Me!" forum where your ideas are always "right" and you're praised as the hero for sharing them with everyone.

Just because someone voices a differing opinion than yours doesn't mean you're being "bashed."

Why is it when someone disagrees with a certain post it gets labeled as "bashing the poster?"

If you expect everyone to agree with your opinions and praise you for them, you don't need a "coaches only" forum.

You need a "Yay Me!" forum where your ideas are always "right" and you're praised as the hero for sharing them with everyone.

Just because someone voices a differing opinion than yours doesn't mean you're being "bashed."

Bigtoe, you are correct, sir.

Wonder why they want to be so private? One should never say anything in private that you

wouldn't want repeated or that you couldn't say in public. (To do otherwise is, at the very least, hypocrisy.)

"My hypocrisy knows no bounds"....[Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday - Tombstone]

And if it is to get together and discuss fottball/sports with other coaches in the area, get on your cell phone give him a call and invite him to lunch. Face to Face, man to man.

Oh yeah my suggestion, to smoaky.com: how about a forum about bullriding [PBR, CBR]? Or if there is one direct me to it!!!

Bigtoe, you are correct, sir.

Wonder why they want to be so private? One should never say anything in private that you

wouldn't want repeated or that you couldn't say in public. (To do otherwise is, at the very least, hypocrisy.)

"My hypocrisy knows no bounds"....[Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday - Tombstone]

And if it is to get together and discuss fottball/sports with other coaches in the area, get on your cell phone give him a call and invite him to lunch. Face to Face, man to man.

Oh yeah my suggestion, to smoaky.com: how about a forum about bullriding [PBR, CBR]? Or if there is one direct me to it!!!

let's leave smoaky.com as is. it is a wonderful open forum for all topics, david does a good job monitoring all the junk that goes on here. i like it like it as is. unless of course we had a radio broadcaster only forum. (just kidding) keep up the good work smoak.

Guest bleeds
yes i'm a coach.--and yes it gets on my nerves when people get on here and talk #### and trash talk--look at all the posts that turn bad and end up bashing on someone and has name calling etc... bleeds u r a perfect example--i said i would like a place where i could talk football w/ other coaches w/o all the h.s. kids getting on and trash talking and u try and make it out as if i am saying something about our kids???? how did it take that turn? and i'm sure Dr's do have a forum somewhere where they can go and talk--THIS IS A SPORTS FORUM--so why can't the coaches who coach these sports have a place where they can discuss issues w/o kids getting on and trash talking?

i would like it so I could talk football w/ other coaches from this area.

How did it take that turn? Because you said:

you don't have to deal w/ all the #### talking from kids and parents

When I read your comment, it immediately struck me as a somewhat diminished opinion of the kids who either play for you or watch the games you coach, and their parents.

Don't make this into something it's not. I'm not bashing you. But your comment strikes me as "#### talking", the very thing you say you want to get away from. Are we to understand it is okay for you to ####-talk, but no one else?

Since you're bashing opinions of those who differ from yours, here's another. Load up.

To assume coaches (or anyone else for that matter) deserve their own thread free from the pedestrian banter of students and/or parents is elitist.