suggestion for Smoaky

AugustusMcCray

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no bleeds i'm not sensitive--but ur wrong--i didn't ask for your or any of these other peoples opinion--i asked for Smoaky's--his and his alone. and you guys do have a forum--THIS ONE!!

I don't want to start another site-i want to get on this one and talk w/ coaches-thats its-whats so bad about that?

I don't want a place to go and talk #### about kids or parents--i want to talk football, technique, strategy, share ideas, get info etc... and this is not meant to be rude but i don't want the opinion of an accountant, a bank pres, a machanic, a farmer etc...

what kind of parents do i like? the kind who take care of their kid-stay involved, support the entire program and support the coaches. if you have a problem-go talk to the coach-don't yell about it at a game, don't bring it up at the dinner table, don't tell ur son/daughter the coach is an idiot. just b/c u pay ur $3 to get in a game doesn't mean u can yell at the coach. I have a wife and a son--they sit in the stands and hear what the fans yell. i don't like that my son hears some of what he does. A good friend of mine had his wife and kids in the stands--his young daughter came up to his wife during the game and asked what a m-fer was-the mom was shocked and asked why--the girl said b/c that man keeps calling daddy that. i know i went on a rant there and that has nothing to do w/ this board but that stuff has spilled over onto these forums. recent example--Coach Feaster from Sabine--people have attacked him a lot on here the past year--i think he is a good guy. He tried to do a good job--SAbine didn't like how he went about it-fine he was let go-drop it-leave it alone--why talk bad about the man? What if his son/daughter, wife, mom, cousin etc... gets on and reads what is said about him. that stuff hurts-i'm sure he can take-just as i can take it--i have thick skin-i know "its all part of the territiory" but to do this stuff in public is wrong--there is nothing right about it.

anyways--this post has gone astray from where it began--i simply would like a place to talk w/ other coaches from this area--NOT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR KID, but about the game.

and bear den---Boo finished 7th. the 4x200 is in the finals, the 4x400 got edged out--but here is the kicker. the 4x100 would have went to state and the 4x200 would have won the region and went also. too bad some of the guys couldn't keep their grades up. could've been a good year for us.

Since you decided to use Sabine as an example, let me clarify something for you...

I don't know you or where you're from, but unless you are from Sabine and had to deal with this particular situation first hand, you're either making an ignorant assumption, or you only know what Coach Feaster himself has told you.

Don't pretend to know all of the facts in this case, because trust me, friend...You don't. I could certainly enlighten you on the subject, but to do so on this forum would almost certainly draw an immediate reprimand from the admin. for violations concerning "bashing." Even though it would be true.

Don't stir this particular pot.

• 1 month later...

A "Coaches Only" forum section is up and running.

Only coaches with a THSCA number can be involved.

If you're a coach and would like to join the "Coaches Only" forum, have your AD contact me with the proper information.

Name, School, THSCA number, email address, Smoaky.com member name.

Smoaky

Not Smoak, but just some thoughts.

Is this an indication of how you feel about your players and their parents? If not for the kids and parents, you don't have a team.

If my kid was still playing HS sports, I'd be offended by your characterizations.

Have a nice day.

I think what he is saying is that as a coach he knows a WHOLE lot more than any of his parents and/or players and would like to converse with other coaches who share this same expertise.

Now im sure there are some players that know a great deal and i dont think he would mind them then theres the ones that THINK they do.

Even though there are some very intelligent athletes out and probably some parents too you still need a strictly coaches forum to eliminate the ones who just talk without reason.

Its kind of crappy but its only fair to do it to all parents/athletes without exception to the ones who have clue.

Sweet! I've got my non-coach's number... if I get my number to you, are you going to start a "Not Coaches, Only" section that coaches cannot view? We need a place where parents can discuss how their children are doing without interference from coaches. We would also like to talk without hindrance from coaches about game strategy as seen from the stands.

Sweet! I've got my non-coach's number... if I get my number to you, are you going to start a "Not Coaches, Only" section that coaches cannot view? We need a place where parents can discuss how their children are doing without interference from coaches. We would also like to talk without hindrance from coaches about game strategy as seen from the stands.

Blue Pirate,

Regardless of what's been posted on this thread, the "Coached Only" forum is to share information about schedules, tournaments, jobs, not a ### session.

A lot of members of the regular forum are coaches, so they're already in the mix.

But there's a valid reason for coaches to want "back-channel" communication about administrative or even philosophical issues.

Smoaky