Finally...

gtee2

For the past 5 or 6 past years, Gilmer has been absolutely torching 3a-2a east texas schools during regular season and district. Now I know they cant do anything bout the district they play in but, their pre-district scheduling has not been to challenging,IMO. If I'm not mistaken, Gilmer should have a pretty nice regular/district win streak going on. Friday nite, the game that many have been waiting for...Kilgore vs Gilmer goes down! Can Gilmer knock off one of the 4a east texas big boys and show everyone that they are as good as their fans say they are? We all get to find out Friday nite.

For the past 5 or 6 past years, Gilmer has been absolutely torching 3a-2a east texas schools during regular season and district. Now I know they cant do anything bout the district they play in but, their pre-district scheduling has not been to challenging,IMO. If I'm not mistaken, Gilmer should have a pretty nice regular/district win streak going on. Friday nite, the game that many have been waiting for...Kilgore vs Gilmer goes down! Can Gilmer knock off one of the 4a east texas big boys and show everyone that they are as good as their fans say they are? We all get to find out Friday nite.

I believe Gilmer HAS played a few outstanding teams in the regular season. The team from Vegas who went on to win a state title. The team from Louisiana who I believe went to state (not sure if they won it or not). Tatum has won state, LE will be in the mix. Gilmer CAN play with and BEAT Kilgore. Will they? We will find out on Friday. Also, I think there are quite a few more folks than just Buckeye fans that think Gilmer is good. Other sites and message board polls have Gilmer winning this game. We shall see. ANYTHING can happen....right Daingerfield fans?

Actually I'm thinking FINALLY a bigger school has agreed to play Gilmer. Now Gilmer can have a good measuring stick before district starts to know what they need to work on before the playoffs get here.

I am glad a bigger team has finally agreed to play Gilmer

You know what Itsallheart...you are right. Never looked at it as the bigger schools wanting to play that "fast break" offense or "black flag" defense. Either way, it will be a good test for both teams. Will Kilgore return the favor and come to Gilmer next year? Maybe I should change the post to FINALLY LARGE SCHOOL STEPS UP!