Longview vs Texas High  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Texas High in a close one
    • Texas High in a blow out

District 13-4A opener for both teams.

Texas High travels to Longview to face the Lobos for the first time since 1995.

One of 5 teams to play the Lobos more than 50 times in the program's history (currently at 60).

Should be a great game.

Longview with a 21 game home winning streak, and has never lost on Green Out Night (6-0)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pick Longview in a close one, but I worry. Especially this year. Way too many mistakes being made, and as of tonight, even though the Lobos won, the mistakes became even more serious and widespread. I'm not convinced that a loss to Lufkin wouldn't have been a good thing.

I'm gonna shock some people here. I believe Longview wins 34-17. Hope I'll have egg on my face next week.

I just don't like the matchups in this game. We're gonna have trouble protecting the QBs & I don't believe we have

the LBs to stop the power running game.

I'd love to be wrong.

I'm gonna shock some people here. I believe Longview wins 34-17. Hope I'll have egg on my face next week.

I just don't like the matchups in this game. We're gonna have trouble protecting the QBs & I don't believe we have

the LBs to stop the power running game.

I'd love to be wrong.

THS

Beware... The LOBOs are a handful as you already know, but their extremely hard to beat at home. They keep telling everybody how young they are, and thats true... But they have some good athletes. Their Defense has really improved in 3 games. They should be undefeated. They gave away the Allen game with tooooo many turnovers. I saw Texas High play JT, and they are very impressive as well. They like to ground and pound, but they will put you to sleep, and go down the middle of the filed. They also love the tight end. Good Luck

THS will have to survive defensively in the trenches. As for the offense, when THS has a seasoned offense, no one in the Barry Norton era had shut down THS's offense. Not even in the playoffs when THS has played teams that were 5A playoff teams the year before or even large 4A schools that moved up to 5A after playing THS in the playoffs. Being the old school alien that I am, I say "Bring em on". Yes, LHS has been good for so long but they do not, nor have they ever, striken fear into any THS team that I know of where THS went into a game and just laid down because it is Longview that THS was playing. As the old saying goes, all good things, like home winning streaks, must eventually come to an end. THS by 10. :alien: :notworthy: :alien:

This just doesn't even seem right...but I truly think that Longview is gonna have a tough time beating THigh... Lufkin is down this yr... as is Longview in my opinion.. I haven't seen Thigh play yet but what I've read would lead me to believe that they are still pretty strong program.. and by the way a large 4A school that used to be 5A.. I would not be surprised to see Thigh actually beat Longview.. I so hope I'm wrong...

What a game to kick off district play in 13-4A.

Smoaky Top Ten

1. LV

2. TH

AP Poll

6. LV

9. TH (should move to 8 this week)

Dave Campbell

2. LV

4. TH

This should be the game of the week in the State of Texas. I have to give LV the edge since it is being played in LV, but TH will bring all they have and it should be a slobber knocker. LV by 3...no OT this week.

This just doesn't even seem right...but I truly think that Longview is gonna have a tough time beating THigh... Lufkin is down this yr... as is Longview in my opinion.. I haven't seen Thigh play yet but what I've read would lead me to believe that they are still pretty strong program.. and by the way a large 4A school that used to be 5A.. I would not be surprised to see Thigh actually beat Longview.. I so hope I'm wrong...

I dont see Longview being down this year, defense is a total monster. Longview will win this one.

Not sure who wins..but some on here saying Longview's D is a total monster and tough...they gave up a TON of points to Lufkin..and I dont care where Lufkin started the season, they have not played well..scored 26 agianst Lee and only 13 agianst JT...yet torches Longview for 37

T-High IMO will be able to move the ball and score..it will be can they STOP Longview..I see another 42-35 type of game..just not sure who scores the most

please tell me you are kidding? longview gave up only 1 first down in second half and half of those points were overtime points where you start at 25. longviews defense gave up just 14 offensive points to allen, 0 to lee and first team gave up 0 evangel. i am sure you haven't even seen a lobo game. their defense has replaced all eleven starters from last year and will get even better as year goes on.lufkin looks like lufkin, you kidding!! big,fast and athletic!! would beat any other team in this district easy. ldo your homework first before you make a ststement like that.to say lufkin is not a good team is just crazy!!...longview has replaced 20 starters from last year and they look good so far!!...what other team around here could replace 20 starters and be 3 -1 with this schedule. i would say zero. give longview some darn credit. give the coaching staff tons of credit for building a program not just a one shot deal every few years. i moved to longview 10 years ago and have been very impressed with the job coach king has done. he molds young men and builds character as well as building probably the finest program in east texas.i would send my kid there to get him ready for life after high school for sure.i a moving to that district soon. just look out for a team that is very young that has only 4 seniors on offense and 4 on defense. quraterback will be one of best all around athletes around!! should be fun year.

i am sure you haven't even seen a lobo game. their defense has replaced all eleven starters from last year and will get even better as year goes on.lufkin looks like lufkin, you kidding!! big,fast and athletic!! would beat any other team in this district easy.

Everybody is heaping praise on Longview....including me. You don't have to shovel it yourself. It's gonna be a long fall if you guys stumble at all.

Everybody is heaping praise on Longview....including me. You don't have to shovel it yourself. It's gonna be a long fall if you guys stumble at all.

:homer: 's are tough to deal with fanatic, Longview has come together better than I thought they would this early in the season...but I'll be pulling for the Tigers!

texas high is not getting the credit they deserve in this one...they are 3-0 against 4A and 5A schools too...they beat evangel year after year...this game is going to be exhausting...i would LOVE to go...i'm sure we will be able to hear the fans at lobo all the way in hallsville

do not underestimate texas high...remember longview, your D has been outstanding, but your O has struggled just a bit. Texas High has had both played at a high level so far this year. do not count them out.

.lufkin looks like lufkin, you kidding!! big,fast and athletic!! would beat any other team in this district easy. ldo your homework first before you make a ststement like that.to say lufkin is not a good team is just crazy

your crazy!! t. high is better than lufkin and think ss is better than lufkin and marshall could hang with lufkin!! you just get ready for district baby!! longview will LOSE a district game either ss or t.high will be the ones to do it!!!!

Texas High is a better team than Lufkin. Lufkin had a hard time

With JT. Texas high blew JT away.

This will be the toughest district games that Longview will have played

In years.

But...... The Lobos don't loose at home.

.lufkin looks like lufkin, you kidding!! big,fast and athletic!! would beat any other team in this district easy. ldo your homework first before you make a ststement like that.to say lufkin is not a good team is just crazy

your crazy!! t. high is better than lufkin and think ss is better than lufkin and marshall could hang with lufkin!! you just get ready for district baby!! longview will LOSE a district game either ss or t.high will be the ones to do it!!!!

How many teams on this board has played Lufkin? I can count them on my hand. LP is a real good football team. Take it from the Lobos, we know. Wildcatsshock, you are east texas but your wildcats haven't been exposed to real east texas smash mouth football. That's Longview,JT, REL, Marshall, Kilgore, etc. You dont think LP is good, schedule them next year and find out. And we'll see ya'll in a couple of weeks.