LoboFan07

Longview vs Texas High  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Texas High in a close one
    • Texas High in a blow out

Just some good natured smack talk. 99% of the LV fans are great (just as 99% of our fans are). I just got to admit I'm a little taken aback by a few Lobo posters that seem to think Texas High, Sulphur Springs, & Marshall are somehow unworthy of being a district opponent.

Not sure anything will convince those few any different. I think everybody in this district has acknowledged that Longview is the beast in this district and one of the deserved top picks in 4A this year. The rest of us would just like to have a little respect for our own teams. It's not like any of us haven't been in big games. We're underdogs, but we'll show up & give it our best shot. Win or lose, I'll still back whatever teams come out of this district in the playoffs. It's East Texas football & that's good enough for me.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some good natured smack talk. 99% of the LV fans are great (just as 99% of our fans are). I just got to admit I'm a little taken aback by a few Lobo posters that seem to think Texas High, Sulphur Springs, & Marshall are somehow unworthy of being a district opponent.

Not sure anything will convince those few any different. I think everybody in this district has acknowledged that Longview is the beast in this district and one of the deserved top picks in 4A this year. The rest of us would just like to have a little respect for our own teams. It's not like any of us haven't been in big games. We're underdogs, but we'll show up & give it our best shot. Win or lose, I'll still back whatever teams come out of this district in the playoffs.

well said.. :thumbsup:

i do not think texas high could beat lufkin. lufkin has a very good defense and it took longviews powerfull running game to wear them out. lufkin also has very good athelets on offense and a huge offensive line. just my opinion but playing a good 5a team like lufkin is alot different than playing either 4a or bottom 5a. lufkin is lufkin. and please, allen is out of texas highs league. tx high is a good ball club, but that is just one step above them. tx high,s defense will have a major problem with longview running game.maror problem!! and longviews defense has faced atheletes on offense either on par or better than txhigh. nothing against txhigh, but just another game for longview. longview always plays top notch teams in non district. games like this are just another game.good luck lobos!!

Have you ever even seen Texas High play???

Have you ever been to a football game that the Lobos were playing in?

Pat yourself on the back a little harder and you'll break your arm.

Not sure anything will convince those few any different. I think everybody in this district has acknowledged that Longview is the beast in this district and one of the deserved top picks in 4A this year. The rest of us would just like to have a little respect for our own teams. It's not like any of us haven't been in big games. We're underdogs, but we'll show up & give it our best shot. Win or lose, I'll still back whatever teams come out of this district in the playoffs. It's East Texas football & that's good enough for me.

Awesome post.

There's a difference between debate...and just stupidity. And I think we've seen both in this thread sadly. Can't wait till Friday.

Uhhh Longview is 4A. Unless your around 70 years old you haven't see the Lobos go as far as the THS fans have seen the Tigers go in the playoffs.

newsflash....we played for a state championship in 97'

I sure hope you're right.. judging by what i've seen and heard.. I'd say that Longview and Lufkin both are down this year... I'm pulling for Longview... I wouldn't be surprised either way.. Hopefully Longview wins.. and I'd love to see them win big..

Ever since Thigh beat Kilgore a few years ago with a screwy play at the end of the game..I've wanted to see them go down.. fact is though.. THigh is good.. they were then and are now... As long as Longview takes the game seriously I think they have a good chance.. I just wouldn't say this is any where near a gimmie.... and I wouldn't be surprised to see THigh win.. One things for sure.. look for Norton to have some things up his sleeve! He'll be looking to catch Longview with their back turned.. that's for sure!

GO LOBOS!!

can you please explain why you say that? Longview has a much better team this year than we have had the paast two years.

Just some good natured smack talk. 99% of the LV fans are great (just as 99% of our fans are). I just got to admit I'm a little taken aback by a few Lobo posters that seem to think Texas High, Sulphur Springs, & Marshall are somehow unworthy of being a district opponent.Not sure anything will convince those few any different. I think everybody in this district has acknowledged that Longview is the beast in this district and one of the deserved top picks in 4A this year. The rest of us would just like to have a little respect for our own teams. It's not like any of us haven't been in big games. We're underdogs, but we'll show up & give it our best shot. Win or lose, I'll still back whatever teams come out of this district in the playoffs. It's East Texas football & that's good enough for me.

if you were around a few months ago you will know that I said T HIgh and Marshall can compete with Longview. But I also sid I felt Longview would be at another level for the next 2-3 years and they will take this district going undefeated. That being said I am predicting a 2-3 TD win...hey maybe I am wrong but its my opinion....and yours too....didnt you predict a 34-17 win for Longview? so apparently we agree....oh I get it its ok for you to say it cause your a THigh fan but someone else says it you get your feathers ruffled.

Getting off the subject a little bit but,... did SS and T. High play each other last year? If so, who won?

SS won an incredible game...but!!!!! Texas High had the youngest team they have had in....well a long time. this year you could say they are still sort of young. but have tons of experience. longview is not out of texas highs reach.

Texas high has always been the INTIMIDATOR. this year there is non of that.

texas high is kind of getting a little taste of how it feels to KNOW they are good enough to win, but not get the credit.

LV will not win by 2-3 TD's...i'm tellin you, texas high is GOOD. and is only going to get better in the next few years

i'm gonna pick texas high...21-24

Well I am looking forward to this game. I have heard alot of good things about TX High. I am a little scared about this game. Of course, I believe LV will win. I am a LOBO, what do you expect? However, this could be a repeat of last week with Lufkin. This game will in no way be easy for us. I do feel this will be the hardest game to come out of our district. Not to take anything away from SS, Marshall, and the others except for Pine Tree (couldn't help myself) but I think the district champs will come down to TX High and LV. IMO, if we win this game then we can take district. If TX High wins, then they will take district. With that said, TX High fans have a safe trip to the View.

how did you know my name? it just seems you are making a big deal about my prediction when yours is the same.

Selective memory here. Show me ANYWHERE in this thread where I've said anything about your prediction... or made any statement that Texas High is better than Longview. Post it here & you will have proven me wrong.

Uh.......don't think you'll find it. And since you won't.....I guess it is safe to say that your statement was completely made up. Correct???

I'm gonna pass up SS @ PT. If I'm driving to LV, I might as well check out one of the best games of the year. I've got an uncle in LV, maybe he can hook me up with some tickets.

Plus I can get a look at the competition for SS next week.

If I had to pick, I'd guess LONGVIEW by a TD.

newsflash....we played for a state championship in 97'

can you please explain why you say that? Longview has a much better team this year than we have had the paast two years.

I know you can't always compare high school football on how teams play common opponents but, you gotta give it some kind of consideration... so here's the theory... (food for thought)

Texas High 42 John Tyler 14 this is pretty consistent from year to year..right?

Here's where I start scratching my head... see below.

Lufkin 13 John Tyler 12 .. WHAT!! who would've thunk it!!!! JT very easily could've won this game. Now, some might say, JT is playing better ball this year.. I'd say yeah looks like they are.. but, then again are they really? You can't discount the games that they've won..but they have been known to play some 4A teams very well in years past (except Thigh).

Longview 42 Lufkin 37 3OT's wow... what a game...hmmmm wait a sec., Longview and Lufkin struggle in a grudge match, giving up a ton of points.. JT almost beat Lufkin, and probably should have.. What the heck is going on here??

putting all this into perspective... This is what makes me say... Longview, Be Ready for Texas High!

then again, the outcomes of JT vs Lufkin, Longview vs Lufkin and Thigh vs JT could just be a bunch of nothing...

all this being said... that's why we look forward to Friday Night.. Right? :happy65:

Selective memory here. Show me ANYWHERE in this thread where I've said anything about your prediction... or made any statement that Texas High is better than Longview. Post it here & you will have proven me wrong.

Uh.......don't think you'll find it. And since you won't.....I guess it is safe to say that your statement was completely made up. Correct???

my only point was you keep saying I am beating a drum when you are predicting the same thing as me. didnt make anything up.

I know you can't always compare high school football on how teams play common opponents but, you gotta give it some kind of consideration... so here's the theory... (food for thought)

Texas High 42 John Tyler 14 this is pretty consistent from year to year..right?

Here's where I start scratching my head... see below.

Lufkin 13 John Tyler 12 .. WHAT!! who would've thunk it!!!! JT very easily could've won this game. Now, some might say, JT is playing better ball this year.. I'd say yeah looks like they are.. but, then again are they really? You can't discount the games that they've won..but they have been known to play some 4A teams very well in years past (except Thigh).

Longview 42 Lufkin 37 3OT's wow... what a game...hmmmm wait a sec., Longview and Lufkin struggle in a grudge match, giving up a ton of points.. JT almost beat Lufkin, and probably should have.. What the heck is going on here??

putting all this into perspective... This is what makes me say... Longview, Be Ready for Texas High!

then again, the outcomes of JT vs Lufkin, Longview vs Lufkin and Thigh vs JT could just be a bunch of nothing...

all this being said... that's why we look forward to Friday Night.. Right? :happy65:

yep in about 48 hours we will know for sure who is better and who on this thread was right and wrong. I would warn anyone who thinks Lufkin isnt good bc they ALMOST lost to Lufkin to beware...Lufkin is loaded with talent and they play Galena Park NS and The Woodlands this season who are both ranked and I wouldnt be surprised to see them win both games.