Longview to retire Bobby Taylor's #24 jersey (October 10th)...

Smoaky

Longview High School will retire the jersey of former Lobos multi-sport star Bobby Taylor.

The ceremony will occur on Friday, October 10th, when the Lobos host Mount Pleasant.

Taylor is the first Longview football player to have his jersey (#24) retired. He was also a member of the Lobos state championship basketball team, graduated from Notre Dame, and played ten seasons in the NFL.

Bio on Bobby Taylor.

Smoaky

Congrats to Mr. Taylor. On a side note. Back, I think in the early 80's there was a female basketball star at Longview (and forgive me cause the name slips me) who went on to play at La. Tech. Does anyone know if she's in coaching or what happened to her?...And would she be a candidate for having her hoops jersey retired?...Another great athlete that came out of Longview.

Congrats to Mr. Taylor. On a side note. Back, I think in the early 80's there was a female basketball star at Longview (and forgive me cause the name slips me) who went on to play at La. Tech. Does anyone know if she's in coaching or what happened to her?...And would she be a candidate for having her hoops jersey retired?...Another great athlete that came out of Longview.

Angela Lawson