18-2A

sports r us

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess u will get your facts right next time. Not only did benefield play he was starting QB, and he had the help of McKee, Busbey,and Rose helping him out at running back and he even threw a pass to Sturgeon for a touchdown. All i can say is the Jackets are out to sting again

That would definately be an upset. I'mnot saying it wont happen, but highly unlikely!!!

Well they came close. The fumble going into the end zone at the end of the 3rd was huge. I can't wait to hear what they say after watching on film. Looked like he was well into the end zone before he fumbled but part of the game. I very seriously doubt any ref saw the play with as long as they took to decide it was a fumble. Great heart by Harleton to come back and never quit. Good luck the rest of the season to the Wildcats.

Well they came close. The fumble going into the end zone at the end of the 3rd was huge. I can't wait to hear what they say after watching on film. Looked like he was well into the end zone before he fumbled but part of the game. I very seriously doubt any ref saw the play with as long as they took to decide it was a fumble. Great heart by Harleton to come back and never quit. Good luck the rest of the season to the Wildcats.

thanks SPORTS! You guys gave us quite a game. They played with alot of heart, we wish ya'll the best...

yeah im glad they got smoked. was a 13-9 ball game almost the whole game. refs were garbage. worst ive ever seen. i could tell we were in EF.

SEEMS LIKE MOST PEOPLE PREDICTED A BLOWOUT SO THE REFS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A FACTOR....

EF HAD A TD PASS CALLED BACK ON A BAD CALL AND FUMBLED GOING IN TO SCORE SO IT COULD HAVE BEEN A BLOWOUT THE OTHER WAY..................

18-2A Newest standings

Winona 3-0

Harleton 3-0

White Oak 2-1 (lost EF)

Harmony 2-1 (lost WO)

Union Grove 1-2 (lost to Winona, WO)

EF 1-2 (lost to Harmony, Harleton)

Sabine 0-3 (lost to UG, Winona, Harleton)

New Diana 0-3

This Weeks schedule

Winona 3-0 at WO 2-1

Sabine 0-3 at Harmony 2-1

UG 1-2 at Harleton 3-0

EF 1-2 vs New Diana 0-3

Looks like some pretty good matchups this week with clear playoff implications. UG and EF have must win games again this week to stay in the race. Winona vs WO will be the headliner of the week. Does WO bounce back or does Winona prove they are in it for the long haul? I doubt Harmony overlooks Sabine after they nearly upset Harleton last week. Sabine has to prove they can play good on the road. ND keeps losing close games. I haven't seen them play someone give us some insight as to what is going on? Who do you have this week?

ND's defense isn't too bad, but it seems at times they have trouble moving the ball on O. They have hardly scored any in district I do believe.

Harmony's strong point on defense is it's secondary. They will be able to defend the pass better than Harleton did last week, and if they can get the running game going like they did against EF then this will be a good game for Harmony.

I really hope UG can pull a W over Harleton. That would throw the district into even more of a twist, but it would certainly help Harmony out. I don't know much about Winona (except the fact of their great record), but I don't know if they can hang with WO's power. I know they can match them with speed, but that won't help too much if WO can get the ball rolling like they have been.

yeah im glad they got smoked. was a 13-9 ball game almost the whole game. refs were garbage. worst ive ever seen. i could tell we were in EF.

Are you serious? as soon as a team wins a game they shouldnt have that means there was something wrong with the officiating or some one got dirt in their eye or some other excuse? :thumbdown:

why cant people accept that their team was just outplayed and move on and get ready for the next game?

yeah i think WO rebounds this week over Winona.

Ef over ND

Harmony over Sabine

UG in a squeaker over Harleton

You guys really make me laugh, every week it's the same thing, somebody, in a squeaker over Harleton. It may very well happen, but come on give me a break... Coach Alexander does just enough to get by every week.. He worries us (the Harleton fans) more than anyone.. For example, Harleton vs West Rusk, he could've cared less if we won that game, he implimented the spread offense that week, with our Qb out for the week. We were screaming at him the whole dang game... He doesn't play some of our best players on defense until the game is on the line, ask Diana. It will cost us sooner or later I am sure, but we either win or come in second in this district every year, and you guys never give us ANY credit..... Our schedule gets real tough with WO, Winona and Harmony coming up, and we aren't overlooking UG, they played us as hard as anyone last year in the first half, I think they just wore out in the second half, but they play hard.. Winona scares me, alot. WO, is what it is, a ground game BEAST, hopefully everyone will take a page from EF's defensive game plan and stack the defensive line of scrimmage and make them throw the ball.

When yall get it all straigthened out over there in District 18, my Daingerfield Tigers will be there to greet you in the first round of the playoffs. Good luck to all you guys, and remember you don't want to be the runner up in the district and facing Big Blue in the first round. :shocked:

You have got to be kidding me..............It seems every year Harleton is the underdog. Coach A is definatly not a rookie and has more love and respect for his boys than i have ever seen.........So we pull players and squeak through......but when it is clinch time we usually do pull through. So Jefferson was 1 ranked a couple yrs back....oops Big mistake to take harleton lightly. So EF was 6 ranked....oops another big mistake. How many others can consistently be on the top ranks of their district almost every year. How many other teams can go into the fourth quarter down by 17 and turn around to defeat the oponents...........dont ever take harleton lightly........................................

Winona 3-0 at WO 2-1 (Winona hangs tough but WO pulls it out at home)

Sabine 0-3 at Harmony 2-1 (Sabine hasn't proved they can win on the road)

UG 1-2 at Harleton 3-0 (upset of the week UG gives the district 4 3-1 teams and 2 at 2-2)

EF 1-2 vs New Diana 0-3 (looks like the real EF showed up and starts rolling)

Despite the current standings looks like 6 teams are battling for 3 spots. Harleton is 3-0 but has 4 tough games to finish the district and same with Winona. I bet some playoffs spots come down to point differential.

When yall get it all straigthened out over there in District 18, my Daingerfield Tigers will be there to greet you in the first round of the playoffs. Good luck to all you guys, and remember you don't want to be the runner up in the district and facing Big Blue in the first round. :shocked:

yeal when did yall win state? Was your team a state wiener? I bet you pull for Texas and Boston and NYG lol all wieners.

imho; wo over winona, ef over nd, harleton over grover, and my upset special the eagles over the cardinals. grover beats harleton friday it would make a tighter race. wo has to beat winona to help those in the 3rd or 4th place in the coming weeks. some advice for all the upshur teams, y'all can do all your yamming saturday dont do it friday it will hurt ya tha night. go big red!!!!

I sure hope you dont think anyone in 18-2a is scared of your "Big Blue"... Personally, i would love to have the opportunity to play yall. It would make beating the "Unbeatable Big Blue" even that much sweeter! :thumbsup:

I don't think harmony beating sabine would be an upset. Maybe the other way around though.

idk i thought wo would have been a closer game and looked what happened. y'all been playing tough sooner or later it'll break even for yall

I sure hope you dont think anyone in 18-2a is scared of your "Big Blue"... Personally, i would love to have the opportunity to play yall. It would make beating the "Unbeatable Big Blue" even that much sweeter! :thumbsup:

I don't know if anybody is scared or not. But, I am just saying whoever it is that comes out of there better be ready cause Big Blue will be waiting. I will lay my disability check and all my food stamps on the first round no matter who it is facing the Tigers.