Mandatory Steps To Put America Back On Track

OBTS

Institute a mandatory draft for all graduating seniors. Then, as payment for their service, offer them 4 years of complete tuition, room and board at any state university they wish to attend. This will pay 10X dividends in productivity and patriotism.

Secure the Southern Border. Shoot first and ask questions later when someone refuses to stop when hailed, or resists arrest. Make speaking English a requirement for amnesty if they are here with adequate housing and a job.

Give the President of the United States the Line Item Veto. Enough with the porkbarrel funding packages that fleece American citizens. If you have a pet project that you need to get approved in your state, write your own bill, debate it through committee, and get it passed on your own without the cronyism and corruption.

Agree or Disagree?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm good on 2 and 3. I think you could offer the same incentive to get graduating seniors to enlist. I'm out on a draft at this time. I'll be honest with you. That may have something to do with me having a 20 y/o son in college right now. However, if the draft was reinstated, and he was chosen, he would serve his country proudly, and dad would be praying the whole time.

I think any teen that quits or gets thrown out of school should be drafted immediately and serve no less than 4 years.

Having had time to consider it, I'm not sure if I'm on board with that either.

1. No way. Most students are not set up academically for college. And, funnelling the entire population through will not only make it more expensive, but will pretty much do away with any fiction of it being 'higher' education.

2. No problem. Just make sure that every contact is on video tape.

3. Personally, if Barack Hussein Obama manages to ooze his sebaceous butt into the White House, I don't want him to have a line item veto. This is one of those things. If the right man is in office, I want him to have every advantage. If the wrong man is in office, a line item veto would be an unmixed evil.

I think any teen that quits or gets thrown out of school should be drafted immediately and serve no less than 4 years.

I'm on board with that. I also agree with first time or second time offenders being given the choice of jail or the military, as the United States did back in the day.

Immortal, there were many in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's that were given the either or.

The American people have no respect for the cost of freedom. If my son was drafted, yes, I'd be on my knees nightly--but I'd sure be proud of him. I can guarantee you that I'd pop somebody in the mouth if I heard them talking bad about our military.

The military makes men out of boys. It's not men that make the decisions to become dropouts and dopeheads, it's boys. I think that the US Army is the best rehab program in the world. I guarantee you that if 1/2 the slugs on Wall St and Washington had a military background, we wouldn't be talking about an $800 Billion dollar bailout of these banks.

The Greatest Generation was great because they had moxy. They fought through tough times and they beat the odds. America is about to go through similar tough times, but this time, we dont' have nearly as many tough people. We have a bunch of pansy arsed babies that have never had to really fight for anything they have. We are up a dark brown creek with no paddle.

The line item veto in the hands of the wrong person would surely make every vote that much more important. But I don't believe for the life of me that any President could do 1/2 the damage to this country with a pen as Congress does with every appropriations bill that goes through. Our budget is completely out of control, the henhouse should be called the foxhouse, because there hasn't been a hen in there for years!

I think if I'd have had time, I would have added a 4th item to my list related to energy and policy, but I'm not done thinking that one out yet...anyone want to help out!!!

I'm on board with that. I also agree with first time or second time offenders being given the choice of jail or the military, as the United States did back in the day.

Immortal, there were many in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's that were given the either or.

If you have ever served in the military you wouldn't want a high school dropout/dopehead/first or second time offender handling the ammo next to you. The discipline and functionality of our armed forces would be severely degraded by a mandatory draft! IMO

Steps to get America back on track

1) End lawsuit abuse. Business needs to be able operate without living in fear of being sued. Same goes for malpractice and classaction suits.

2) End big labor's influence. Working in DC has really opened my eyes to how much influence they really have, and its scary.

3) 3 year moratorium on the capital gains tax. This would stimulate investment and free up tons of private capital.

4) Pass a balanced budget amendment. Cut spending. The federal government wastes so much money, its ridiculous. Make them balance the budget every year, no more deficit spending.

Thats just a few.

Steps to get America back on track

1) End lawsuit abuse. Business needs to be able operate without living in fear of being sued. Same goes for malpractice and classaction suits.

2) End big labor's influence. Working in DC has really opened my eyes to how much influence they really have, and its scary.

3) 3 year moratorium on the capital gains tax. This would stimulate investment and free up tons of private capital.

4) Pass a balanced budget amendment. Cut spending. The federal government wastes so much money, its ridiculous. Make them balance the budget every year, no more deficit spending.

Thats just a few.

I like all those. Probably easier to say than to do, though.

The military makes men out of boys.

Ah, yes, but men are not only made from the military.

Unless there's an unavoidable need for soldiers, the very essence of our country and what it was founded on would stand opposed to such an action. Something about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. In a democratic society, if there's a reason to fight, brave young men will answer the call. If you've got no real reason to fight and you're not getting young men to join, maybe you should reevaluate what you're fighting for.

Guest Bear_Den
Sorry, but I'm not so sure I want this nation to be protected by dropouts/dopeheads.

So you want the dopeheads on the streets am I correct? I'd rather make them serve our country! It puts money in their pocket, a roof over their heads, and 3 meals a day. I don't think they would turn that down

Guest Bear_Den
Institute a mandatory draft for all graduating seniors. Then, as payment for their service, offer them 4 years of complete tuition, room and board at any state university they wish to attend. This will pay 10X dividends in productivity and patriotism.

Secure the Southern Border. Shoot first and ask questions later when someone refuses to stop when hailed, or resists arrest. Make speaking English a requirement for amnesty if they are here with adequate housing and a job.

Give the President of the United States the Line Item Veto. Enough with the porkbarrel funding packages that fleece American citizens. If you have a pet project that you need to get approved in your state, write your own bill, debate it through committee, and get it passed on your own without the cronyism and corruption.

Agree or Disagree?

I agree with #2 and that's it

So you want the dopeheads on the streets am I correct? I'd rather make them serve our country! It puts money in their pocket, a roof over their heads, and 3 meals a day. I don't think they would turn that down

So YOU want to make SOMEBODY ELSE serve our country, yet you don't want the possibility you might be drafted? Priceless.

Why not put dopeheads in jail instead of giving them a gun and making them go where they don't want to go? Do you think there is no drug use in the US military?

How safe do you feel with a guy who is stoned at the trigger of an M-16?

Guest Bear_Den
So YOU want to make SOMEBODY ELSE serve our country, yet you don't want the possibility you might be drafted? Priceless.

Why not put dopeheads in jail instead of giving them a gun and making them go where they don't want to go? Do you think there is no drug use in the US military?

How safe do you feel with a guy who is stoned at the trigger of an M-16?

I'd rather fill up the jails with the killers, rapists, and child molesters.

I'd rather fill up the jails with the killers, rapists, and child molesters.

...and put a stoner on the trigger you would get on? Working on that medal of valor are you?

BTW, what do you think the leading cause for the things you listed above in this country?

Guest Bear_Den
Where did I say that? You have a very serious reading comprehension problem.

But to humor your question, no I don't want them on the streets. Dopeheads belong in jail......next question.

You said you don't want this nation protected by dropouts and dopeheads. In your orginal post, you didn't specify where you wanted them

Guest Bear_Den
...and put a stoner on the trigger you would get on? Working on that medal of valor are you?

BTW, what do you think the leading cause for the things you listed above in this country?

I don't think that there are a lot of Rapists, killers, and child molesters on drugs.