Brownboro Vs Palestine Westwood

osup116

Brownboro Vs Palestine Westwood  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Fridays 20 - 3a opening

• Brownsboro
    • Palestine Westwood

District is here and two contenders for the District Crown will sqare off in the opening week. Westwood has gotten a spark from sophmore QB Tevin Watson and D.J Morrow will return at running back from Groin injury that has had him sidelined. Look for big yards from both as Westwood outlast Brownsboro 42 - 35

District is here and two contenders for the District Crown will sqare off in the opening week. Westwood has gotten a spark from sophmore QB Tevin Watson and D.J Morrow will return at running back from Groin injury that has had him sidelined. Look for big yards from both as Westwood outlast Brownsboro 42 - 35

i'm going to take brownsboro in this one, being a former graduate I think we have too much for westwood to stop. Plus we will be looking to get back on track after that loss against rains

just wondering who Westwood has played this year

two teams that are state-ranked in their respective classes; Chapel Hill and Arp

two of the top running backs in 3A; Chris Whaley (Madisonville) and Tucker (Chapel Hill)

Westwood is battle-tested, do not be fooled by the 2-3 record.

what can be said about Brownsboro? i know they average like 40 pts a game, but it looks like the teams that they played didn't even put up much of a fight. imo

two teams that are state-ranked in their respective classes; Chapel Hill and Arp

two of the top running backs in 3A; Chris Whaley (Madisonville) and Tucker (Chapel Hill)

Westwood is battle-tested, do not be fooled by the 2-3 record.

what can be said about Brownsboro? i know they average like 40 pts a game, but it looks like the teams that they played didn't even put up much of a fight. imo

ok who did they play in the other 3 games. We will see on friday night if they hang 30 or 40 on you

ok who did they play in the other 3 games. We will see on friday night if they hang 30 or 40 on you

It will be a barn burner for sure. I see Westwood putting up big numbers as well.D.J. Morow looked like a caged panther last week. The coaches let him dress out but did not let him play against Groesbeck. Look for D.J go off. Seth Gilky and Sam Dunam will have to have a big night on defense to slow down Brownsboro's offense but if they do Westwood will be in the driver's seat for the rest of the year.

how about the other 2 games? i already gave you three in Chapel Hill, Arp, and Madisonville. the other two were Bullard and Groesbeck. the only "easy" game on there, and i use that word lightly, was Groesbeck. each of the other games was a battle and each one could have went either way in all honesty. but like i said, Westwood is battle-tested. and it will show Friday night.

and IF Brownsboro does "hang 30 or 40" on us, then we will have no choice but to return the favor and hang 50 or 60 on them. but don't count on Westwood's D giving up big numbers like that, not against this team.

Pre-District Opponents:

Athens

4A: Mabank (3-2)

3A: Wills Point (0-5), Bullard (2-3), Mexia (3-2), Chapel Hill (4-0)

Brownsboro

3A: Kemp (3-2), Spring Hill (2-3), Wills Point (0-5), Emory Rains (1-4)

2A: Frankston (3-2)

Crockett

3A: Coldspring (3-2), Mexia (3-2), Waco LaVega (5-0)

2A: Corrigan-Camden (4-0), Kirbyville (4-0)

Fairfield

3A: China Spring (5-0), Ferris (1-3), Gatesville (3-2), Crandall (3-2), Rusk (2-3)

Palestine

4A: Jacksonville (1-4), Kilgore (4-1)

3A: Rusk (2-3), Navasota (3-0), Van (4-1)

Westwood

3A: Chapel Hill (4-0), Bullard (2-3), Madisonville (1-4), Groesbeck (1-4)

2A: Arp (4-0)

Pre-District Opponents:

Athens

4A: Mabank (3-2)

3A: Wills Point (0-5), Bullard (2-3), Mexia (3-2), Chapel Hill (4-0)

Brownsboro

3A: Kemp (3-2), Spring Hill (2-3), Wills Point (0-5), Emory Rains (1-4)

2A: Frankston (3-2)

Crockett

3A: Coldspring (3-2), Mexia (3-2), Waco LaVega (5-0)

2A: Corrigan-Camden (4-0), Kirbyville (4-0)

Fairfield

3A: China Spring (5-0), Ferris (1-3), Gatesville (3-2), Crandall (3-2), Rusk (2-3)

Palestine

4A: Jacksonville (1-4), Kilgore (4-1)

3A: Rusk (2-3), Navasota (3-0), Van (4-1)

Westwood

3A: Chapel Hill (4-0), Bullard (2-3), Madisonville (1-4), Groesbeck (1-4)

2A: Arp (4-0)

no surprise at all that Crockett's pre-district schedule appears to be the toughest in the district, you don't get to the playoffs as consistently as a team like Crockett without scheduling the heavy-hitters year in and year out. i have mad respect for Crockett, but man oh man do i love to hate those guys. always one of the biggest games on Westwood's schedule regardless of the fact that we have only won against them one time ever.

thanks for the info Sandman!