Tenaha Cheerleaders

gr8smrt1

First of all, I was at the Tenaha Joquin game and I believe this wholes business about a stupid little sign is a bus load of bull. If I do remember correctly, last year the Joaquin Rams had a sign posted up about "We Eat Tiger Meat" and so forth. Emotions were high last Friday night, mainly because Joaquin and Tenaha are big rivals, always have been, always will. If it hadn't of been Joaquin's Homecoming, or if the Rams would have won, then the Joaquinians would have been all over Tenaha talking about how they might want to "recheck their mastercard". (Or something silly like that.)

For ANYONE, and I repeat ANYONE to mistake this harmless little sign for something more is childish. I've also heard that The superintendents of both school had the audacity to try and reprimand the Cheerleading Coach. If Joaquin adults can't take a little sign at a game as nothing more than what it is, (a little sign at a game), and if the announcer can't JUST do his job and not blare out useless childishness over a loudspeaker then I have a solution that is probably well on it's way. Tenaha SHOULDN'T play Joaquin anymore. It appears to me that everytime these two teams get together they argue. I didn't hear the announcer point out the numerous times Joaquin got penalized for their player's actions on the field.

Furthermore, I have friends on the THS Cheer Squad and I know that they didn't parade around in front of the football team with that sign and it was never meant to cause so much distress. If ONE sign is going to make the ENTIRE Joaquin football team upset, then they're not the football team that all of Joaquin thinks they are. All I know is that this whole thing has gotten blown out of proportion. No one would have said anything if Joaquin would have made a sign like that.

Personally, if we do play Joaquin again, I will be the Marooned & Whited out freak on the sideline hollering for my team, with my own little sign that reads, "Put your big RAM panties on and DEAL WITH IT!!!" :bounce:

First of all, I was at the Tenaha Joquin game and I believe this wholes business about a stupid little sign is a bus load of bull. If I do remember correctly, last year the Joaquin Rams had a sign posted up about "We Eat Tiger Meat" and so forth. Emotions were high last Friday night, mainly because Joaquin and Tenaha are big rivals, always have been, always will. If it hadn't of been Joaquin's Homecoming, or if the Rams would have won, then the Joaquinians would have been all over Tenaha talking about how they might want to "recheck their mastercard". (Or something silly like that.)

For ANYONE, and I repeat ANYONE to mistake this harmless little sign for something more is childish. I've also heard that The superintendents of both school had the audacity to try and reprimand the Cheerleading Coach. If Joaquin adults can't take a little sign at a game as nothing more than what it is, (a little sign at a game), and if the announcer can't JUST do his job and not blare out useless childishness over a loudspeaker then I have a solution that is probably well on it's way. Tenaha SHOULDN'T play Joaquin anymore. It appears to me that everytime these two teams get together they argue. I didn't hear the announcer point out the numerous times Joaquin got penalized for their player's actions on the field.

Furthermore, I have friends on the THS Cheer Squad and I know that they didn't parade around in front of the football team with that sign and it was never meant to cause so much distress. If ONE sign is going to make the ENTIRE Joaquin football team upset, then they're not the football team that all of Joaquin thinks they are. All I know is that this whole thing has gotten blown out of proportion. No one would have said anything if Joaquin would have made a sign like that.

Personally, if we do play Joaquin again, I will be the Marooned & Whited out freak on the sideline hollering for my team, with my own little sign that reads, "Put your big RAM panties on and DEAL WITH IT!!!" :bounce:

If the sign was funny or catchy, I wouldn't care what it said. So.... what did it say?

If the sign was funny or catchy, I wouldn't care what it said. So.... what did it say?

Are you sure you are up for this MavSlave? Well the only thing the sign said was "Admission $4, coke and popcorn $8, beating Joaquin on their homecoming PRICELESS." Well, I get a good laugh everytime I read it online.

Are you sure you are up for this MavSlave? Well the only thing the sign said was "Admission $4, coke and popcorn $8, beating Joaquin on their homecoming PRICELESS." Well, I get a good laugh everytime I read it online.

Are you kidding? That is a GREAT sign! I cannot imagine what is so offensive about this, really I cannot! :bangin:

Hey thats pretty funny, I think if an opponent thinks that up they should get the credit for what it is... HILARIOUS !!

While I was reading that big post I was thinking way worse than that... Can we say DRAMA QUEENS !!

Have to come back on and add, there seems to be more to the story than just the sign, wasn't there, so it is hard to know what really happened, the sign seems harmless, but I think it is how the sign was used, hearing both sides of the story changes things, like I said, wasn't there

One thing to always remember is you have responsibilities to show sportsmanship when you win or lose. Always be classy.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I do have to say that the Tiger Cheerleaders didn't mean anything by the sign. They didn't even make it. But I thought it was pretty funny. To tell you the truth I think the only thing bothered the Joaquin fans was that they lost. It will be okay. Yall MIGHT get us next year! Nobody said that you can't make a sign. But let me tell you this IF yall beat us you can make a sign and walk on the feild with it. And we will laugh. Because we thought of it first! Well can't wait til next year. HAHA! :wub:

• 11 months later...

Honestly if someone is makin a big deal about this they need to get there pom poms out of somewhere cause all it is is cheerleaders tryin to be silly and uplifting at the same time. its ridiculous and sad that someone would get upset about this. Honestly if you have nothing better to do but make a big deal about a silly sign. come to my house and i can give you a job. i mean my yard will need to be mowed after all this rain. but enough of the ramble. seriously grow up its no big deal.

• 1 year later...
Well I do have to say that the Tiger Cheerleaders didn't mean anything by the sign. They didn't even make it. But I thought it was pretty funny. To tell you the truth I think the only thing bothered the Joaquin fans was that they lost. It will be okay. Yall MIGHT get us next year! Nobody said that you can't make a sign. But let me tell you this IF yall beat us you can make a sign and walk on the feild with it. And we will laugh. Because we thought of it first! Well can't wait til next year. HAHA! :wub:
I know this is an old post but it still gets me-Bump!

• 9 months later...
  • 7 years later...