District 18 2A Boy's Basketball

StingRay

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ND played terrible last night, possibly the worst game of the year for us. We knew coming into the game that we would have to rebound well and shoot at least a decent percentage. Well, we got out-rebounded 19 to 58 and we shot 21 % from the floor as opposed to Dfields 50 % or better. I'm not gonna make any excuses as to why we lost though. Both teams left it all on the floor last night. I'm happy we made it to the playoffs, no one saw us even getting that far. To all the teams is district 18AA and to each player individually, thanks for making my senior basketball season one to remember. without y'all I wouldn't have cried my eyes out last night. Good luck to White Oak, Sabine, and even Daingerfield. See ya on the track in a few weeks :thumbsup:

WO vs Arp at 6 Friday at UT Tyler Patriot Center

good luck to the necks and cards

I think I'm definitley gonna have to make this game! It should be a good one. Hey cats, you and Show12 make sure and save me a seat! :thumbsup: I'll look for y'all when i get there.

sorry bout the loss nd. really thought yall woulda played dfield closer. at least it was a decent season. not many people from there can brag bout goin to the playoffs in bball. congrats on a job well done.

Yeah thanks. Daingerfield had some athletes. We didn't expect them to shoot that well either. From watching film and a game in person they didn't make too many jump shots. They made it rain against us though.

Yeah thanks. Daingerfield had some athletes. We didn't expect them to shoot that well either. From watching film and a game in person they didn't make too many jump shots. They made it rain against us though.

they progressively got better at shooting the ball. you gotta think, they havent played as many games as most people due to the success an football. they will give hearne fits but they probly wont win. who is sabine and wo playin friday?

they progressively got better at shooting the ball. you gotta think, they havent played as many games as most people due to the success an football. they will give hearne fits but they probly wont win. who is sabine and wo playin friday?

WO is playing Arp. Sabine is playing Frankston I believe.

WO and Arp will be one hell of a game for sure. I think Sabine will just be too much for Frankston though.

lol...I forgot all about this thread.

I want to personally thank all of the District that supported us during our playoff run. Wagstaff was packed during the Regional Tourney, and I know a lot of you were there to see us represent you. I only regret we won't be able to represent you all in Austin next weekend.

It was a great season. We set a new school record for wins in a season, and at Sabine, that is a big deal! The JV also won it's second consecutive district title. We'll have to replace Kenna, Woodrell, and Powdrill next year to have a chance to redeem ourselves. Until then, everybody hit the gym and get ready to tip it off again next winter.

Bigtoe

I'm not sure but I think Yarborough and Dixon got first team, Bradley got 2nd team and Powell and Hounsel recieved Honorable Mention honors. I think this is correct but then again I'm not sure.

And yes I do believe Noah was Off MVP and Colton was district MVP or maybe vise versa.