Cowboys season is over

Tony Romo -- Out 4 weeks

Felix Jones -- out 2 to 4 weeks

Matt McBriar -- Lost for the season

Sam Hurd --out 2 weeks probably going to injured reserve

Anthony Spencer -- Day to day, at least a game

and many others.

This season is over. Thank you camp cupcake. Very interesting article about Nolan Ryan and the Texas Rangers pitching. He stated recently in an interview that the Rangers are going to start a stringent conditioning program for pitchers. He stated that they tried going lightly on pitchers and never pressuring them for fear they might get hurt. He said he still had injuries this year and that next year they are going to start a conditioning program for the pitchers. Nolan himself worked out religiously as a pitcher and believed it lead to his longevity as a pitcher.

Now tell me that camp cupcake was a smart move for the cowboys?

PLEASE COME BACK BILL PARCELLS!!

Your premise is a bit flawed....there have been many teams that have taken the easy path in the preseason and still won, and many teams that have done the opposite. I've never seen where injuries were a factor depending on preseason unless they were injured in preseason.

Besides, unless you forget, we've had a year or two where we suffered significant injuries under Parcells' years.

As long as JJ is picking the players and trying to coach Dallas is done. Wade Phillips is no more than a "yes" man. That is why Jones and Parcells parted ways. Phillips will be gone after next season. Jason Garrett will take over and he'll be there three years. Guess what? Jones will still own them and still be telling his coach who to play, how to coach and bye bye in three years.

DD08, I tend to agree. Even without the injuries to key players, there is something going on with the Cowboys that is not conducive to winning. Romo used to be Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky. Now he's Mr. Gloom-n-Doom.

Funny, many of these injuries could have been avoided if that massive OL would have just done its job.

Cows r done.

i wouldnt count them out just yet, they still have t.o, jason witten, marion the barbariion, and a defense that only gave up 2 td's to a dang good cardinals offense. The defense will keep us in games and as much as i hate to say this, Brad may not be such a bad thing for these next few weeks. He will know how to get the ball to his playmakers, and he wont force alot of things, and the man knows how to win, he has something that no other cowboy player has, BLING BLING

i wouldnt count them out just yet, they still have t.o, jason witten, marion the barbariion, and a defense that only gave up 2 td's to a dang good cardinals offense. The defense will keep us in games and as much as i hate to say this, Brad may not be such a bad thing for these next few weeks. He will know how to get the ball to his playmakers, and he wont force alot of things, and the man knows how to win, he has something that no other cowboy player has, BLING BLING

if the Cowboys go 1-2 over the next 3 games, they will be 5-4 on the season, they will be favored in just about every game they play after that with Romo back and should finish 10-6 or 11-5..... this isn't going to be a dominant regular season but we will have to try in games all the way to the playoffs which should help

As long as JJ is picking the players and trying to coach Dallas is done. Wade Phillips is no more than a "yes" man. That is why Jones and Parcells parted ways. Phillips will be gone after next season. Jason Garrett will take over and he'll be there three years. Guess what? Jones will still own them and still be telling his coach who to play, how to coach and bye bye in three years.

So your logic is that Dallas is doomed as long as Jerry keeps getting them to 13-3 records, "coaching" us to a top 10 defense and a top 3 offense, "drafting" players like Felix Jones (and everyone ridiculed him for it although Garrett was problably the one gunning for him), and only sees his team derailed by a mass of injuries and two very close losses?

I could poke holes in this theory with a pencil all day long.

Let's not remake history here; the Dallas media had turned on Parcells, and quite a few fans as well, long before he left.

Every team has to deal with injuries, it is apart of the game. The boys will be fine. Atleast this is happening now instead of December. Rather have some guys hurt early instead of late. Maybe them playing like #### means come December they will be better than the past. Dont give up on them just yet. You can inch you finger close to the panic buttom but dont push it.

So your logic is that Dallas is doomed as long as Jerry keeps getting them to 13-3 records, "coaching" us to a top 10 defense and a top 3 offense, "drafting" players like Felix Jones (and everyone ridiculed him for it although Garrett was problably the one gunning for him), and only sees his team derailed by a mass of injuries and two very close losses?

I could poke holes in this theory with a pencil all day long.

Let's not remake history here; the Dallas media had turned on Parcells, and quite a few fans as well, long before he left.

3 super bowls and Jimmy Johnson left/resigned/fired/who really knows. There must have been something to it. Parcells had to rebuild and in his final season made the playoffs. He left as well. It isn't as much as the coaches doing a bad job, but they are leaving for something.

Poke away, but I call it the way I see it.

3 super bowls and Jimmy Johnson left/resigned/fired/who really knows. There must have been something to it. Parcells had to rebuild and in his final season made the playoffs. He left as well. It isn't as much as the coaches doing a bad job, but they are leaving for something.

Poke away, but I call it the way I see it.

Your mention of Johnson and Parcells here doesn't build or deny your case in any way. I'll stick by this; I'd rather have Jones over many of the other owners. Would you rather have a Ford, Bidwell, Benson, or Davis?

The Jimmy/Jerry situation has been done to death; the egos killed it. It's on both of their heads. Their both at fault. Jimmy didn't win in Miami, Jerry didn't really win without him.

As long as JJ tells the coaches how to coach they are not going any where. Some one needs to tell JJ to stay in his box and office at Valley Ranch and let them do the coaching. They also need to stay away from the thugs they have got playing on this team.

were still 4-3...the season isnt over..when the boys are healthy again i believe they will start popping fireworks again..this team is too talented to not go to the playoffs...we might get a wild card, but didnt the giants win the super bowl as a wild card??? its all about going under the radar

Your mention of Johnson and Parcells here doesn't build or deny your case in any way. I'll stick by this; I'd rather have Jones over many of the other owners. Would you rather have a Ford, Bidwell, Benson, or Davis?

The Jimmy/Jerry situation has been done to death; the egos killed it. It's on both of their heads. Their both at fault. Jimmy didn't win in Miami, Jerry didn't really win without him.

It doesn't build or deny my case, it proves my case. I'd rather have Jones as the ones you listed. They won't spend the money Jones does, but they still want to coach.

Johnson didn't succeed in Miami because he didn't have a good team and wasn't there long enough to build one. They won some super bowls and Jerry got a little too big for his britches and his owner's box. he wanted the glory himself and it run one of the best coaches ever out of town by trying to get too involved with the day to day stuff..

I don't think Phillips is a good coach at all. Half the game he looks as if he is lost.

TO is starting his old stuff and they'll try to appease him.

Jones made the deal to get Pacman to Dallas. There were stiff stipulations that if he got into trouble he was gone. Newman gets hurt and Pacman is in the starting lineup and then gets into trouble. Guess what......Jones wants to put the investigation off a couple weeks to focus on the upcoming games and get the team back on track. In steps Goodel and Pacman is suspsended. that is what should have happened to begin with but Jones wasn't about to do it. Goodell will restore some respect and prestige to the NFL. Good for him.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd bring this back to the top.