Anyone still questioning this team?

lobo4life

Wow. Unreal.

To be honest this game was about as good of a performance as Texas has put up in a long time. And that includes the national title 2005 year.

The defense forced Missouri 3 and out more times in the first half than the Tigers had done all season long. That in itself is just nasty impressive. The fact that Colt McCoy and the offense scored pretty much every time they touched the football just made it a blowout and quick.

I don't know what the best defense Texas has had in a while, but if this one doesn't end up the best since I've been alive (born in '83) than they will be pretty darn close. The numbers might not reflect it because of late scores and early season struggles, but right now I'd put our defense up against any in the country and be perfectly happy. They flat out dominated Missouri tonight and completely took control of the game. It was a beautiful thing to watch. If we allow Will Muschamp to interview anywhere else without offering him something outrageous to stick around we are completely out of our heads. He's the best thing to happen to our program since we named Mack Brown our head coach a decade ago.

And as much grief as Greg Davis has received and how many times echeese has been called out because of his defense of him you can't fault him whatsoever. He's been nearly flawless this season. I hate to say it because I think Irby is a hell of a player, but him going down might be the best thing to happen to our offense. Since we went to a base 4 WR set last week we've been pretty much unstoppable and Colt can't miss. This offense doesn't have the playmakers and doesn't have Superman at QB, but I'd put this offense up against the 2005 version and take my chances.

Right now I'm just enjoying the ride because it's just fun, fun, fun. We still have a tough road ahead, but the way we're improving on offense and defense will just make us a force. Don't book your tickets to the title game just yet, but it wouldn't hurt to start looking either.

Wow. Unreal.

To be honest this game was about as good of a performance as Texas has put up in a long time. And that includes the national title 2005 year.

The defense forced Missouri 3 and out more times in the first half than the Tigers had done all season long. That in itself is just nasty impressive. The fact that Colt McCoy and the offense scored pretty much every time they touched the football just made it a blowout and quick.

I don't know what the best defense Texas has had in a while, but if this one doesn't end up the best since I've been alive (born in '83) than they will be pretty darn close. The numbers might not reflect it because of late scores and early season struggles, but right now I'd put our defense up against any in the country and be perfectly happy. They flat out dominated Missouri tonight and completely took control of the game. It was a beautiful thing to watch. If we allow Will Muschamp to interview anywhere else without offering him something outrageous to stick around we are completely out of our heads. He's the best thing to happen to our program since we named Mack Brown our head coach a decade ago.

And as much grief as Greg Davis has received and how many times echeese has been called out because of his defense of him you can't fault him whatsoever. He's been nearly flawless this season. I hate to say it because I think Irby is a hell of a player, but him going down might be the best thing to happen to our offense. Since we went to a base 4 WR set last week we've been pretty much unstoppable and Colt can't miss. This offense doesn't have the playmakers and doesn't have Superman at QB, but I'd put this offense up against the 2005 version and take my chances.

Right now I'm just enjoying the ride because it's just fun, fun, fun. We still have a tough road ahead, but the way we're improving on offense and defense will just make us a force. Don't book your tickets to the title game just yet, but it wouldn't hurt to start looking either.

Echeese? I think you've got your boards mixed up Lobo. lol

I predict Leach wets his bed tonight.

If Tech plays like they did today against A&M in two weeks Leach won't have anything to complain about because the score won't even be close.

They are a good team, but nowhere near as good as everyone thinks they are. Their offense is good, but Texas will have faced three offenses in a row that are as good if not better in OU, Missouri and Okie State and their defense is still a complete joke. They were letting Ryan freaking Tannehill run around in their secondary wide open. What are they going to do against Quan Cosby and Jordan Shipley?

And I'm not even going to get into what I think Will Muschamp will do to those weak wide o-linemen splits. If our front four can dominate OU's offensive line they will be feasting to knock out a punk like Harrell.

Yeah the echeese reference is from a poster on a couple of other boards. I also posted this on another UT site that I'm a member of that's invite only. I didn't think about changing it.

And I'm not even going to get into what I think Will Muschamp will do to those weak wide o-linemen splits. If our front four can dominate OU's offensive line they will be feasting to knock out a punk like Harrell.

I believe that's the X-Factor is Muschamp.

But we still got 2 weeks before we play each other so let's not get too carried away.

Two weeks is a world away, but I'm more worried about OSU and Kansas right now than Tech after watching their performance today against their main rival.

Ruffin better find a new defense if he wants to compete against Texas' offense. And if the A&M defense can force turnovers like they did Leach better figure something out because UT's defense is 1,000x better than anything from CS.

I just hope that both teams are still undefeated and Gameday heads to Lubbock. I'm just mad that Ohio State blew out Michigan State today because if they had lost rumor had it that Gameday was just going to stay in Austin for another week. I bet Herbstreit and Fowler are mad because they'll admit that Austin is their favorite stop. They say it on the air and I've met both of them around Austin and they've said it when I've talked to them too.

Somebody correct me....I think I heard this.....was at Buffalo Wild Wings so it was hard to hear.....but did I not hear them say that if Texas won, that College game day could very well be back in Austin next week and in Lubbock the week after that if both Texas and Texas Tech were undefeated??? Something about it would be the first time that program ever hosted from Lubbock?

Tech's weak splits have given up 1 sack in 7 games, UT is playing better than we are right now, but that is subject to change.

That is the understatement of the year. UT is playing better but that is not subject to change. TT is the same old team. High octane offense that looks good against mediocre competition and they still can't play defense. You may not give up sacks against your weak competition but I guarantee you the sacks are going up when UT comes to town. NOBODY in the country can block Orakpo much less anybody on TT's O-line.

That is the understatement of the year. UT is playing better but that is not subject to change. TT is the same old team. High octane offense that looks good against mediocre competition and they still can't play defense. You may not give up sacks against your weak competition but I guarantee you the sacks are going up when UT comes to town. NOBODY in the country can block Orakpo much less anybody on TT's O-line.

We'll see. You guys Ok. St next week. You guys handle yalls business and then we'll start talking.

Pretty sure the offense produced against OU and UT last year so this " Tech's O only does well against bad defenses" is just ignorance. Also Tech contained Long of UVA in the Gator Bowl so I think Tech should do just fine against Orakpo.

Somebody correct me....I think I heard this.....was at Buffalo Wild Wings so it was hard to hear.....but did I not hear them say that if Texas won, that College game day could very well be back in Austin next week and in Lubbock the week after that if both Texas and Texas Tech were undefeated??? Something about it would be the first time that program ever hosted from Lubbock?

GameDay will be at the Ohio State/Penn State game this week, and most likely in Lubbuck next week. Had Ohio State loss, then yes they'd be in Austin again.

GameDay will be at the Ohio State/Penn State game this week, and most likely in Lubbuck next week. Had Ohio State loss, then yes they'd be in Austin again.

I appreciate that. We were all talking about when the last time it was Game Day was at the site of one particular team for this many times. Nobody knew.

Pretty sure the offense produced against OU and UT last year so this " Tech's O only does well against bad defenses" is just ignorance. Also Tech contained Long of UVA in the Gator Bowl so I think Tech should do just fine against Orakpo.

Texas had one of the worst defenses in the nation last year and they still beat you because the TT defense was even worse. The UT offense is so much better this year but TT defense is still the same. We'll see November 1st. As for Orakpo, he dominated the top tackle in college (Loadholt) and he dominated a pretty good Mizz line. Trust me when I say you have no one on your o-line that can block him. Right now he is hands down the best defensive lineman in the country.

As for Orakpo, he dominated the top tackle in college (Loadholt) and he dominated a pretty good Mizz line. Trust me when I say you have no one on your o-line that can block him. Right now he is hands down the best defensive lineman in the country.

He's good. Hit me back up next week. There are ways to slow down agressive defenses.

He's good. Hit me back up next week. There are ways to slow down agressive defenses.

Like Texas Tech can slow down Kindle and Orakpo? You saw how much pressure they put on Daniel and he had an int, another pass that should've been a pic/6, and the sack by Norton. That all came with only rushing 4! They'll bring some blitzes agains Harrell.....

I expected Texas to blow them out and they did. After Texas went down the field and scored their first TD I told two table full of people that Texas would probably be ahead by halftime 35 - 0. It was 35 to 3. MO has yeat to beat a Division 1 team with a winning record. They are a solid good team by not a real great tems. They have no defense! If you put pressure on the QB he will have a hard time like most QB's. Texas looked really good and beat them like they should have except they let up a bit on defense once they got so far ahead. That happends. Mayber Texas was just 25 ponts better instead of 35 of 40. Either way they took care of business. I figured they would win by 21 to 24 points.

Like Texas Tech can slow down Kindle and Orakpo? You saw how much pressure they put on Daniel and he had an int, another pass that should've been a pic/6, and the sack by Norton. That all came with only rushing 4! They'll bring some blitzes agains Harrell.....

Well I can tell you that first off that Mizzouri runs a total different offensive line protection and that lack of a 6th man (mainly a RB) to protect from blizers makes a difference.

And no freakin duh that they'll bring blitzes against us. Heck everyone has. Same story except with better lyrics (Good Texas defense).

Still waiting on Tech to call our number.

You can wait a lil longer. Let both teams handle their business this week.

Texas Tech's Oline > Missouri's

I kneel by my bed at night and pray that UT blitzes us.

Texas Tech's Oline > Missouri's

I kneel by my bed at night and pray that UT blitzes us.

No need to blitz. UT got to Bradford and Daniel without much blitzing. Only rushed 4 against OU and constantly put pressure on Bradford. OU's line is WAY better than TT's. Let me repeat. You don't have ANYONE that can block Orakpo. Good luck with Roy Miller and Sergio Kindle as well.