Anyone still questioning this team?

lobo4life

Orakpo's speed will be overtaken by the splits and Rylan Reed can bench more than Orakpo, Orakpo is a player and he won't be neutralized, but he definately won't be the force that decides this game.

MU's splits didn't slow Orakpo at all. In fact, it may have forced him to take an even straighter path to the quarterback by having to rush inside him when rushing from the DE spot usually means going outside his blocker.

Orakpo's speed will be overtaken by the splits and Rylan Reed can bench more than Orakpo, Orakpo is a player and he won't be neutralized, but he definately won't be the force that decides this game.

Keep telling yourself that. The experts consider Loadholdt the best o-lineman in the country and Orakpo manhandled him. Rylan Reed is in for a LONG day my friend.

Oher for Ole Miss is the best lineman in the country and it isn't even close, but if calling Loadholdt the best makes you feel better go right ahead.

Actually they both grade out real close on the expert draft boards. I think you missed the point. Your guy (Reed) is definately not in the same conversation. But if it makes you feel better, keep telling yourself he can block Orakpo.

he basically said he didn't understand the "system QB" argument. He said every QB runs a system and if they don't that means they don't have coaching, they don't run drills, and they just go out there and play.

I've always said that the stats Graham Harrell gets in comparison to other QBs is so different because he throws more passes because of our system, but I do believe that if Graham Harrell was playing at OU right now instead of Bradford that they would still be a top 5 team.

Wow. Unreal.

To be honest this game was about as good of a performance as Texas has put up in a long time. And that includes the national title 2005 year.

The defense forced Missouri 3 and out more times in the first half than the Tigers had done all season long. That in itself is just nasty impressive. The fact that Colt McCoy and the offense scored pretty much every time they touched the football just made it a blowout and quick.

I don't know what the best defense Texas has had in a while, but if this one doesn't end up the best since I've been alive (born in '83) than they will be pretty darn close. The numbers might not reflect it because of late scores and early season struggles, but right now I'd put our defense up against any in the country and be perfectly happy. They flat out dominated Missouri tonight and completely took control of the game. It was a beautiful thing to watch. If we allow Will Muschamp to interview anywhere else without offering him something outrageous to stick around we are completely out of our heads. He's the best thing to happen to our program since we named Mack Brown our head coach a decade ago.

And as much grief as Greg Davis has received and how many times echeese has been called out because of his defense of him you can't fault him whatsoever. He's been nearly flawless this season. I hate to say it because I think Irby is a hell of a player, but him going down might be the best thing to happen to our offense. Since we went to a base 4 WR set last week we've been pretty much unstoppable and Colt can't miss. This offense doesn't have the playmakers and doesn't have Superman at QB, but I'd put this offense up against the 2005 version and take my chances.

Right now I'm just enjoying the ride because it's just fun, fun, fun. We still have a tough road ahead, but the way we're improving on offense and defense will just make us a force. Don't book your tickets to the title game just yet, but it wouldn't hurt to start looking either.

Lobo4life I thought you had died after A&M beat Texas in 2006 are were you just hiding? You better watch it you might have to go in to hiding again LOL

he basically said he didn't understand the "system QB" argument. He said every QB runs a system and if they don't that means they don't have coaching, they don't run drills, and they just go out there and play.

I've always said that the stats Graham Harrell gets in comparison to other QBs is so different because he throws more passes because of our system, but I do believe that if Graham Harrell was playing at OU right now instead of Bradford that they would still be a top 5 team.

Graham Harrell is no Sam Bradford. Harrell is is very good QB in a "system" that fits him well. Bradford is going to be a 1st round draft pick when he comes out.