My Final BCS Predictions

Coachrmc

Ok, here we go. Here's how I predict it comes out in the end.

Alabama will lose somewhere down the line.

Texas will lose to Ok. State or Tech - but still win the Big 12 South and the Big 12 Championship

Penn State loses next week to Ohio State

Oklahoma runs the table

USC runs the table

Even though Texas wins the Big 12 Championship they are leaped over by OU due to the loss

Championship Game :

OU vs USC

National Champions - OU

BSC is burned to the ground because a team without a conference championship nor their own division championship, wins the national championship

Next year : Let the playoffs begin!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Texas/OU rematch will never happen. The BCS is set up to keep that from happening, but I say if Penn State wins out, they'll be in along with an undefeated or one loss Big 12 team

Who jumps OU if Alabama and Penn State loses, and OU and Texas win out? It would have to be a USC, Georgia, or Ohio State. How would they jump OU if OU beats Tech, OSU, TCU, and Kansas, who are all in the BCS top 25 right now. They only thing that would prevent it would be the pollsters, cause the Harris and Computer polls wont move them down. And if its Texas #1 and OU #2 in the BCS standings at the end of it - well they have to play. I would love for these two to have another go at each other. Was a great game the first time around.

Won't happen.

They fixed it where you have to be a conference champ to be in the BCS.

USC can win out. If a Big 12, SEC or Big Ten team goes undefeated, USC gets left out because of the dominace of these teams in comparison to the Pac 10.

Broadcasters even stated that after the RRS that the winner would be up a 1 and half games over the loser.

And the media has never been wrong.

From the Big 12:

If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (fourth, fifth and sixth).

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

Won't happen.

They fixed it where you have to be a conference champ to be in the BCS.

USC can win out. If a Big 12, SEC or Big Ten team goes undefeated, USC gets left out because of the dominace of these teams in comparison to the Pac 10.

Not true, there is no such rule.

Texas will play for the national championship, OSU won't beat them in Austin. Their toughest games will be at Tech and at Kansas. I think Penn St loses this weekend against Ohio St and Alabama will lose in the SEC championship against Florida. It will be Texas and Florida in the national championship and Texas will win it.

Go Longhorns

Ok so a few of you have said that Penn State is going to lose to Ohio State this saturday. This could very well happen, the Buckeyes looked pretty impressive with the 45-7 win over Michigan State this saturday. Penn State is playing at OSU, where the buckeyes don't have a loss this year. Pryor is playing up to his potential at QB and Beanie Wells is back into his regular self after that foot injury. Since the dissapointing USC loss they have averaged around 30pts on offense and only allowing 12ppg. on defense. Well if #9 Ohio State beats #3 Penn State, the Bucks will keep moving up in the polls with their other big wins over MSU and Wisc.. And there remaining schedule is @ Northwestern, @ Illinios, and at home against Michigan. So very likely the Buckeyes can finish 11-1... where would this leave the OSU in the BCS rankings at the end of the season?

BCS Top 10 This Week-

1 Texas 7-0 (Beat Ok St)

2 Alabama 7-0 (Beat Tenn)

3 Penn State 8-0 (Lose to Oh St)

4 Oklahoma 6-1 (Beat Kan St)

5 USC 5-1 (Lose to Ariz)

6 Oklahoma State 7-0 (Lose to TX)

7 Georgia 6-1 (Lose to LSU) 6-2

8 Texas Tech 7-0 (Lose to Kansas)

9 Ohio State 7-1 (Beat Penn St)

10 Florida 5-1 (Beat Kentucky)

TX wins out, beats whoever in the bcs NC 45-24, barring any injuries of course.

2009 TX ranked #1, goes undefeated again. back to back NC.

Sounds arrogant, but I aint scared to say it.

Orakpo, Miller, Lewis, Melton all have two things in common. they all start on the front 4 and they all are seniors. That isn't good for Texas next year. They better hope they sign Jamarkus Mcfarland.

Orakpo, Miller, Lewis, Melton all have two things in common. they all start on the front 4 and they all are seniors. That isn't good for Texas next year. They better hope they sign Jamarkus Mcfarland.

Ok, but they still have Lamar Houston, Ben Alexander, Kheeston Randall, Sam Acho Eddie Jones....

Texas will be fine at DL. That also have Calvin Howell commited at DT, who would be getting all the hype if there was no Jamarkus McFarland. If they get McFarland, which I believe they will reading that he showed ZERO excitement or expression during his OU visit, Texas will have a great DL in 2-3 years!

BCS Top 10 This Week-

1 Texas 7-0 (Beat Ok St)

2 Alabama 7-0 (Beat Tenn)

3 Penn State 8-0 (Lose to Oh St)

4 Oklahoma 6-1 (Beat Kan St)

5 USC 5-1 (Lose to Ariz)

6 Oklahoma State 7-0 (Lose to TX)

7 Georgia 6-1 (Lose to LSU) 6-2

8 Texas Tech 7-0 (Lose to Kansas)

9 Ohio State 7-1 (Beat Penn St)

10 Florida 5-1 (Beat Kentucky)

I'm going to hold you to that... But I can tell you right now that I have doubts on Arizona beating USC but I can be wrong. The biggest problem for Arizona vs. USC is the overall speed of the LB'ers and their blitz vs. Arizona Pass Protection.

I'm going to hold you to that... But I can tell you right now that I have doubts on Arizona beating USC but I can be wrong. The biggest problem for Arizona vs. USC is the overall speed of the LB'ers and their blitz vs. Arizona Pass Protection.

Texas Tech vs Kansas was a tough game to pick, both teams playing pretty good ball right now. I think Kansas is tougher than Nebraska so Tech will have a run this week. My other questionable pick was LSU over Georgia, since georgia lost to alabama they have been playing really well, but I just like LSU for some reason beating the bulldogs.

Yes, great point about speed defensively for USC (especially at LB). Personally I wanna see USC lose this week cause besides Arizona, noone else is going to beat them in the Regular Season.

Actually I take my last comment about USC back, I can see California being a tough game for them in 2 weeks and their last game vs UCLA could also be a possible rough away game.

USC Remaining Schedule -

10/25/08 at Arizona

11/01/08 vs. Washington

11/08/08 vs. California

11/15/08 at Stanford

11/29/08 vs. Notre Dame

12/06/08 at UCLA

Actually I take my last comment about USC back, I can see California being a tough game for them in 2 weeks and their last game vs UCLA could also be a possible rough away game.

USC Remaining Schedule -

10/25/08 at Arizona

11/01/08 vs. Washington

11/08/08 vs. California

11/15/08 at Stanford

11/29/08 vs. Notre Dame

12/06/08 at UCLA

NO TAKEBACKS!!!! lol

I understand why you think we could lose to Kansas, but remember that KU beat ISU by 1 in an ISU self destruction and they gave up 670 yards to OU. The game will be a shootout and the way this season has gone I think Tech secures the lead for good late in the 4th quarter.

Texas will play for the national championship, OSU won't beat them in Austin. Their toughest games will be at Tech and at Kansas. I think Penn St loses this weekend against Ohio St and Alabama will lose in the SEC championship against Florida. It will be Texas and Florida in the national championship and Texas will win it.

Go Longhorns

That's pretty good thinking. I forgot about Penn State taking on OSU this weekend. It will either be UT vs PSU or UT vs Florida for the national title.

Texas has a long way to go, but they're looking very good right now and I think they'll win the remainder of their games.

Texas still has a few tough games left. They took care of Mizzou and should handle Tech. I'm worried that they'll have a let down. Bama hasn't played a solid 60 minutes in 3 weeks, and Death Valley is coming up in 3 weeks. I expect them to lose to Geaux and possibly The War Eagles at home in the Iron Bowl.

This is my fear, The Ohio State wins out and the East Coast voters/computer glitches allow them to be the #2 team for the third straight year ???????? :sorcerer:

Prediction : Texas 56 Penn State 24

This is my fear, The Ohio State wins out and the East Coast voters/computer glitches allow them to be the #2 team for the third straight year ???????? :sorcerer:

Well if that happens (Ohio State gets #2 in the BCS poll at the end of the season), they will be playing Texas in the National Championship Game. The last time these 2 teams met... (2005 @ OSU: Texas - 25 OSU - 22) (2006 @ TX: OSU - 24 TX - 7). They have always had competive games and this year wouldn't be too different.

Prediction (If it is TX vs OSU) -

Ohio State - 28

Texas - 21