Tatum ---- Carthage Thursday night in Carthage.

hogwash

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one will be over by halftime. I don't mean any disrespect to Tatum. I just believe Carthage is that good. Heck, I firmly believe if anyone will be dominating in the playoffs,, it will be Carthage. We'll see,,,,,

Carthage -- 50

Tatum -- 14

So you think Carthage is better than Gilmer or that Gilmer has more Class.

So you think Carthage is better than Gilmer or that Gilmer has more Class.

I think Gilmer picking on the 2A schools and running scores up on teams like Emory Rains (77-21) all but eliminates the possibility of Gilmer having more class. Carthage puts in backups in the second half of blowout games to keep from running the score up. What does that tell you?

Not much if the second and third stringers are as good as the starters. It is called depth at all positions hence their domination over the years. Is it their fault if the opposition can not tackle and keep them from scoring?

If a team continues to pass the ball rather than just run the ball and keep the clock ticking, then there is no excuse. It means the coach purposely wants to run the score up. If the ball is kept on the ground and the D just can't stop the run, nobody can help that. You have to see what kinds of plays the coach continues to call.

BTW, if the second and third stringers are as good as the starters, how do you pick which ones to start?? Flip a coin??..... lol

Tells me that you don't have all the facts. You don't think Gilmer couldn't have slaughtered the Eagles last night?

Carthage will score at will. This game is a small bump in the road.

It was a 30 point game. Call it what you will but according to you Gilmer could have had 48 or 60 at half time?? Believe me, it was Gilmer and Tatum, it they could have, they would have scored 170 on Tatum.

Are you saying that you think Gilmer "cared" enough about Tatum to run up the score just to demoralize your guys? I'll respectfully disagree. As my Tatum friend wrote last night -"Gilmer is being merciful...." Tatum was a small bump in Gilmer's road, too.

Tatum always boasts that they don't rebuild; they just reload - Nerf bullets this year?

I think Gilmer picking on the 2A schools and running scores up on teams like Emory Rains (77-21) all but eliminates the possibility of Gilmer having more class. Carthage puts in backups in the second half of blowout games to keep from running the score up. What does that tell you?

It tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about. Do you realy think Gilmer plays all there starters the whole game. The also put there second and third string in in the second half, but they cant help it if they have great depth and can still score. What are they soppose to do sit on the ball three times and punt to make sure they dont score. Gilmer takes the field every friday night for the same reason as every other team. To play football. Just because they blow people out doesnt mean that they shouldnt be able to play the whole game as well. Gilmer has a goal to meet and inorder to get there they must be able to work on the parts of there games that need work, and they cant do that if they feel sorry for the other teams and not play just to make them feel better. Sorry it doesnt work that way.

If a team continues to pass the ball rather than just run the ball and keep the clock ticking, then there is no excuse. It means the coach purposely wants to run the score up. If the ball is kept on the ground and the D just can't stop the run, nobody can help that. You have to see what kinds of plays the coach continues to call.

BTW, if the second and third stringers are as good as the starters, how do you pick which ones to start?? Flip a coin??..... lol

If you realy watched the game Gilmer ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down and if they were in a third down situation they would go to the pass to try to get the first down. Now the past few games Stump has been off some on his long ball, and I believe the only reason that Gilmer was still passing was to help Stump out with the passing game before the playoffs.

So dont talk about Gilmer not having class, because if Gilmer didnt have any class and wanted to run the score up ( which they could have if the wanted) they would not have kneeled the ball at the end of the game when they were on the 10 hard line. Instead they would have ran it down Tatums throught and added one more TD for Jeremy Jackson.

I belive respect is earned, and with all the late hits and cheap shots after plays that Tatum had (with no flags thrown) it was clear that Tatum had no respect for Gilmer. Now I know it must had been very frusterating when you get hit in the backfield evey play and are not able to run the ball very affective, but a well diseplined football team wouldnt loose there cool like Tatum did last night.

Are you saying that you think Gilmer "cared" enough about Tatum to run up the score just to demoralize your guys? I'll respectfully disagree. As my Tatum friend wrote last night -"Gilmer is being merciful...." Tatum was a small bump in Gilmer's road, too.

Tatum always boasts that they don't rebuild; they just reload - Nerf bullets this year?

Has Tatum spanked your team recently or something?? When did I say they ran the score up?

If you realy watched the game Gilmer ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down and if they were in a third down situation they would go to the pass to try to get the first down. Now the past few games Stump has been off some on his long ball, and I believe the only reason that Gilmer was still passing was to help Stump out with the passing game before the playoffs.

So dont talk about Gilmer not having class, because if Gilmer didnt have any class and wanted to run the score up ( which they could have if the wanted) they would not have kneeled the ball at the end of the game when they were on the 10 hard line. Instead they would have ran it down Tatums throught and added one more TD for Jeremy Jackson.

I belive respect is earned, and with all the late hits and cheap shots after plays that Tatum had (with no flags thrown) it was clear that Tatum had no respect for Gilmer. Now I know it must had been very frusterating when you get hit in the backfield evey play and are not able to run the ball very affective, but a well diseplined football team wouldnt loose there cool like Tatum did last night.

When did Gilmer stop teaching people to read?? I guess about the same time they decided football was more important than an education. I said nothing about class and I didn't say Gilmer did I? NO. I was generalizing for BigRed. And you are funny with your "late hits" cause the Tatum fans were complaining about the same thing.

Gilmer could have ran the score up if they wanted?? Downing the ball only gave up a POSSIBLE 7 points. I can play that game too. Tatum could have won if they wanted. Ya'll are getting all defensive about absolutely nothing. If I didn't know any better, I would say that you are scared Gilmer is going to lose to Diboll. I would be worried too. And before you try to get smart about how Tatum should be worried about Carthage, Tatum ain't the ones saying the trophy is in the bag. Good luck to you guys. Matter of fact, I think I'll quit telling ya'll good luck. It seems like I'm one of the only Tatum people that tells ya'll good luck and I'm the first one ya'll want to run your nappy little head to. Good luck anyways because there are actually a few good Gilmer fans.