Tatum ---- Carthage Thursday night in Carthage.

hogwash

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Goodness, Tatum needs to get over the loss to Gilmer. Tell the Buckeyes they played great and get on with the next game. It was the same way when CH beat Tatum. The could have been, should have been, would have been lasted forever.

Tatum Good luck against Carthage. The players will have to give it there all because this Carthage team is solid as a rock.

Why all the hate from Tatum folks? Is is because Gilmer beats them into submission every single game? Well guess what, we will whip you next year too. I wish Traylor would run the score up just one time so you crybabies could see what running up the score looks like. After last year I heard a Tatum coach say it will be a long time before they schedule Gilmer again, too bad they got put in our district. Haha. Good luck Carthage, send them eagles to the basketball gym, and then you can send my Buckeyes packing as well.

You got that right :notworthy: Thank you, Thank you... I'll be here all week

So you think Carthage is better than Gilmer or that Gilmer has more Class.

I didn't say either actually. Don't put words in my mouth. And besides,, where did you come up with the comment on 'class'? My comment didn't have a single thing to do with class. I said I thought Carthage would be dominating in the playoffs. I think they will be. I don't think they will dominate Gilmer,, but that is four games away anyhow. I think 'if' both teams get that far, it will be a really good football game.

And I also said, that my post had nothing to do with Tatum not having the ability to play a good game,, or anything negative about them at all,,,, period. I just said I thought Carthage would be good enough, to win the game and probably win it easily. I based my comments on everything I have heard from both people who have seen Carthage play,,, and from what I've heard from some coaches I know,,, about their team.

So what did you base your comments on?

Why dont you buckeye fans start a thread about it instead of highjacking this one....why are you trolling this thread when it has nothing to do about you?? you guys bored or what??? go back to your thread and let Tatum and Carthage discuss Tatum vs Carthage!!!!

and you wonder why everyone in East texas really dont like the gilmer fans very much???

I think Gilmer picking on the 2A schools and running scores up on teams like Emory Rains (77-21) all but eliminates the possibility of Gilmer having more class. Carthage puts in backups in the second half of blowout games to keep from running the score up. What does that tell you?

Ha ha,,, you're really amusing. Not very funny,,, and certainly not very knowledgeable,, but amusing. Let me think,, what 2A schools did Gilmer run scores up on this year???? lets see,,, oh,, since you brought them up,,,and you know so much,,, "Rains"????? Well the last time I looked Rains was in district 13 'AAA'. And you know what,,,,,,,, since White Oak beat Rains 56 - 20,,,should we stop those brutish Roughnecks from picking on and running up the scores on 3A teams like Rains????

The only 2A school we played this year was Daingerfield. And if you knew anything about them you would know ,,, that they are anything but helpless, or weak. I think I'm right on that since they had beaten Celina a couple of weeks before they played us. Oh,,, and Celina was what,,,,,,,, State Champ last year in lets see,,, 3A???? But gee,,, maybe we did run the score up on them a little,,, we scored more 31 points more than Daingerfield,,, and you didn't tell us your 'criteria' for how many points constitutes "running up the score" on 'those kinds of teams.' Gimme a break!!!

I'm curious,, since you seem to know so much about Gilmer football,, and the degree of "class" we show,, just how you know we run the scores up on other teams? Were you at the Rains/Gilmer game when we put the subs in after the first series in the second half? What would you suggest our second string do? throw every pass into the dirt,,, or our backs trip over a painted on stripe on the field?

Just one comment for you Buster Brown,,, it's easy to see your no expert on class. And you know what? I usually don't comment on posts like yours,,, but I couldn't help it this time, just because you obviously do not know what you're talking about.

When did Gilmer stop teaching people to read?? I guess about the same time they decided football was more important than an education. I said nothing about class and I didn't say Gilmer did I? NO. I was generalizing for BigRed. And you are funny with your "late hits" cause the Tatum fans were complaining about the same thing.

Gilmer could have ran the score up if they wanted?? Downing the ball only gave up a POSSIBLE 7 points. I can play that game too. Tatum could have won if they wanted. Ya'll are getting all defensive about absolutely nothing. If I didn't know any better, I would say that you are scared Gilmer is going to lose to Diboll. I would be worried too. And before you try to get smart about how Tatum should be worried about Carthage, Tatum ain't the ones saying the trophy is in the bag. Good luck to you guys. Matter of fact, I think I'll quit telling ya'll good luck. It seems like I'm one of the only Tatum people that tells ya'll good luck and I'm the first one ya'll want to run your nappy little head to. Good luck anyways because there are actually a few good Gilmer fans.

Dirtybird,,, let's not lose perspective here. Just because someone says something that isn't necessarily the truth, doesn't mean you have to join in with them. You are right,, there are a lot of Gilmer folks who respect the Tatum Eagles team and fans. And you're right,,, if Gilmer had wanted to score more,, maybe they could have scored 7 - 14 more points. I'm glad they didn't,, and I think they tried not to make it any worse. You've always been a good supporter of the Buckeyes,, and you've always done so, even in years we've beaten your guys. You always seem to understand the game,, and why things happen the way they do sometimes. I always respect your posts,, and I would hate to lose your respect as a team, and a fan, and a town, just because of something a couple of posters say. Anyway,, don't let some comments push you to feel that way.

You know as well as I do, there is always going to be a lot of trash talk on here,, and that's what most of it is,, and that's how it should be taken. Good luck to you guys next week. I seriously hope you represent 17 AAA very well.

Why dont you buckeye fans start a thread about it instead of highjacking this one....why are you trolling this thread when it has nothing to do about you?? you guys bored or what??? go back to your thread and let Tatum and Carthage discuss Tatum vs Carthage!!!!

and you wonder why everyone in East texas really dont like the gilmer fans very much???

Well let's see,,,,,, it seems I'm responding to something a "Tatum" fan said 'about' Gilmer,,, wow,,, imagine that. But I guess it's not allowed for me to do that here on a Tatum/Carthage thread huh???? My bad,, I'll remember that next time.

You know,, I don't wonder why some folks don't like Gilmer,,, not at all. It's mainly folks who are immature and jealous. People who really know the game and know Gilmers coaches, and kids, and fans,, don't hate us. And I don't wonder why a lot of fans are beginning to not like you very much either. Look at some of your own posts and you might get it as well. I can assure you that folks in Gilmer don't like character assasins like yourself very much either. There is no sense in it.

So what did you base your comments on?

Your prediction had Carthage beating Tatum worse than Gilmer did. So either you think Carthage is a better team or you think Gilmer had more class by holding the score down.

I think given the opportunity Carthage would run it up more. they may still have something to prove. Gilmer showed class by holding the score down. Was there another reason for your prediction of Carthage winning by more?

Now last year Gilmer ran the score up. but this year they seemed to have matured and learned they do not have to run the score up to prove they are good.

Your prediction had Carthage beating Tatum worse than Gilmer did. So either you think Carthage is a better team or you think Gilmer had more class by holding the score down.

I think given the opportunity Carthage would run it up more. they may still have something to prove. Gilmer showed class by holding the score down. Was there another reason for your prediction of Carthage winning by more?

Now last year Gilmer ran the score up. but this year they seemed to have matured and learned they do not have to run the score up to prove they are good.

Ok, I apologize for misunderstanding your post. But I still didn't mean anything to the like of Gilmer having more class than anyone. I don't get into that kind of stuff. I explained why I felt Carthage would be a dominating force in the playoffs. By what I've heard others say who have watched them play,,, and by comments I've heard from some coaches I know. I'm no expert on Carthage,, but I understand they have a very good and athletic team, and I feel they will do very well. I also feel Gilmer will do well,, but sometimes it don't happen the way you imagine it will. Ref. the Gilmer Canton game of '05,, and the Gilmer/Liberty Eylau game of '06. Who knows,,, Carthage might not even make it to the fourth round where they would play Gilmer. But Gilmer might not make it either. We play the games to find out who gets where. And six games from now,, someone will be crowned State Champ,,, I hope it's the Buckeyes,, but I don't bank on any of these games now,, untill they blow the last whistle.

If you don't like the answer, then don't ask the question. You interjected yourself into the equation so don't get angry when someone else does as well.

Who pulled your string, Gilmer needs to worry about Diboll, Mexia, WOS, and then you can worry about Carthage, they will be there waiting if you make it.

Two great teams, with two great coaches. Carthage has an excellant Coach in Coach Surratt. He is an answer to a lot of football fan's prayers in Carthage. On top of that; he is a coach with lots of class. Carthage has always had good, and some great, athletes, but they haven't had a good disciplinarian coach in years. Surratt has these kids wanting to win. Coach Andy, in Tatum, is also a very good coach, and he has lots of class too. I know Tatum will come with all their feathers pinned back to play Carthage, and they will not stop! This is why they have two state titles and another title appearance in their nests. Carthage felt like they didn't reach their goal last year, but I feel like they have the best chance to do that since 1991. This is probably the best balanced attack team that Carthage has ever had and Tatum will get some much needed experience this year, that all those Sophmores can use next year, maybe. But I see the Dawgs winning this particular match in a landslide. I predict Carthage in this one, 49 - 7. As one player put it before the season started; Anything less than a State Championship is a failure. GO DAWGS!

As for the comments about us bullies from Gilmer hijacking your thread,,, I'm really sorry you feel that way. I thought this was a free forum where you could post about any thread. I didn't know "you" set the rules, and I couldn't post if I weren't from Tatum or Carthage. I'll get off "your" post now,,,,,,,,,, I've said all I want to say anyway. I mean't no disrespect to Tatum, and I know the Tatum fans who know me don't feel that way. I still say Carthage wins,,, but just so you will know,, I'll be pulling for Tatum all the way. Mainly because they represent our district. If Carthage wins,, I will relish a game between them and us. After all,, don't you always hope to beat the best teams if you end up being the Champs? I would also like a rematch between us and Liberty Hill. But we have to beat Diboll first,, that's all that matters this week. And I know that all the Tatum folks, and Carthage folks, know they have to win their game. The main thing I hope for is it's a good clean game, and nobody from Tatum or Carthage gets hurt. I'll slink back to my own teams thread now,,,,,,,, sorry!!! LOLOL

FYI, the only reason that Gilmer came on this thread to talk about anything other than Tatum vs. Carthage was because of the quote below by one of your beloved Eagles.

I think Gilmer picking on the 2A schools and running scores up on teams like Emory Rains (77-21) all but eliminates the possibility of Gilmer having more class. Carthage puts in backups in the second half of blowout games to keep from running the score up. What does that tell you?

So, before you start getting all p-o'ed about Gilmer 'hijacking' this thread, read all the posts. Like I said, had nothing had been said about Gilmer, Gilmer wouldn't have said anything about anything other than Tatum vs. Carthage.

Why don't you step off the 'war path' for a little while and chill out and relax for just a little bit. You will feel much better.

Carthage wins this one easly we been waitin for another chance at them ever since my freshman year they put us out of the playoffs anybody remember that so maybe not to the players now but to the fans that was on that team want to see some runing up the schore

Guest Bear_Den

Emory Rains is 3A. They played a tough 2A Daingerfield team (in which I think can beat most 3A teams in this area) and dominated them. Not to mention the 4-A Kilgore team they played.