Tatum ---- Carthage Thursday night in Carthage.

hogwash

I think Gilmer picking on the 2A schools and running scores up on teams like Emory Rains (77-21) all but eliminates the possibility of Gilmer having more class. Carthage puts in backups in the second half of blowout games to keep from running the score up. What does that tell you?

That tells me you don't know doodley squat about football. First, Rains is a 3A school. Secondly, Gilmer had subs in that game in the third quarter. Thirdly, Gilmer has put in their subs in every game that was lopsided, most of the time in the 3rd quarter if the outcome was already decided. Fourth, Gilmer does not run up the score intentionally. It's just that the 2nd and 3rd string players are good enough to score repeatedly. If you're gonna dis a team, at least know what you're talking about. Dissing another team you know nothing about is what I call NO CLASS!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I guess losing to a rival repeatedly leaves a little bitterness. I don't harbor those feelings, though. It ain't healthy! I think Carthage should handle Tatum pretty easily in this one. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tatum hang for a while, but in the end I think the Bulldogs will be too much. I won't go so far as to give a score, but it will probably be lopsided in favor of the Bulldogs.

And for our many friends over in Tatum:

Go Eagles! Beat the Bulldogs!

Dirtybird,,, let's not lose perspective here. Just because someone says something that isn't necessarily the truth, doesn't mean you have to join in with them. You are right,, there are a lot of Gilmer folks who respect the Tatum Eagles team and fans. And you're right,,, if Gilmer had wanted to score more,, maybe they could have scored 7 - 14 more points. I'm glad they didn't,, and I think they tried not to make it any worse. You've always been a good supporter of the Buckeyes,, and you've always done so, even in years we've beaten your guys. You always seem to understand the game,, and why things happen the way they do sometimes. I always respect your posts,, and I would hate to lose your respect as a team, and a fan, and a town, just because of something a couple of posters say. Anyway,, don't let some comments push you to feel that way.

You know as well as I do, there is always going to be a lot of trash talk on here,, and that's what most of it is,, and that's how it should be taken. Good luck to you guys next week. I seriously hope you represent 17 AAA very well.

It's not the smack talk that bothers me. I've worn the crown of smack talk a few times, I just don't care for the total lack of respect that some people have, and that includes Tatum folk. Anyways, TAtum will have to play their "A" game Thursday. Carthage will be a tough foe.

LET'S GET 'EM EAGLES

That tells me you don't know doodley squat about football. First, Rains is a 3A school. Secondly, Gilmer had subs in that game in the third quarter. Thirdly, Gilmer has put in their subs in every game that was lopsided, most of the time in the 3rd quarter if the outcome was already decided. Fourth, Gilmer does not run up the score intentionally. It's just that the 2nd and 3rd string players are good enough to score repeatedly. If you're gonna dis a team, at least know what you're talking about. Dissing another team you know nothing about is what I call NO CLASS!

i believe you and your great fans of Gilmer started this and will not let it go...you would of thought Tatum beat you by 50 the way you are all over this thread!!!

eagles might have a surprise for carthage....notice I said might!!

Who pulled your string, Gilmer needs to worry about Diboll, Mexia, WOS, and then you can worry about Carthage, they will be there waiting if you make it.

No, the proper question is "who pulled YOUR string?"

You asked a question and it was answered. As it has been said on more than one occasion, this is a Carthage vs Tatum thread. I believe that is Carthage Bulldogs vs Tatum Eagles. There aren't any panthers anywhere in the equation.

But you are right, Gilmer may have to worry about Diboll, Mexia, WOS, and Carthage...

But let me ask you a question. Just who is your team playing Friday night?

Choke on that one.

i believe you and your great fans of Gilmer started this and will not let it go...you would of thought Tatum beat you by 50 the way you are all over this thread!!!

This will be my last post in this thread about anything other than Carthage vs. Tatum:

Actually, Gilmer was not the instigator in this thread. The 1st time Gilmer was even brought up was by 'pushemback' when he referred to 'AnOldBuckeye' saying that Carthage would win 50-14. 'pushemback' said:

"So you think Carthage is better than Gilmer or that Gilmer has more Class."

Then, the next time Gilmer was mentioned was by Tatum's very own 'eaglessoar84' when he/she referred to the above quote. He/she said:

"I think Gilmer picking on the 2A schools and running scores up on teams like Emory Rains (77-21) all but eliminates the possibility of Gilmer having more class. Carthage puts in backups in the second half of blowout games to keep from running the score up. What does that tell you? "

I believe that what was being said about Gilmer warranted (is that even a word?) Gilmer fans to come and defend their/our team. You know that you, or anyone else for that matter, would do the same thing if something negative was being said about Tatum. And I wouldn't blame them either.

With all that said, I would love to see Tatum pull out a win over Carthage. I'm pulling for ya Tatum. But I just don't see Tatum doing much better than last weeks game.

Why dont you buckeye fans start a thread about it instead of highjacking this one....why are you trolling this thread when it has nothing to do about you?? you guys bored or what??? go back to your thread and let Tatum and Carthage discuss Tatum vs Carthage!!!!

and you wonder why everyone in East texas really dont like the gilmer fans very much???

No warhawk1432,

You aren't getting off that easily. If you didn't want comments from the Buckeye faithful, then you shouldn't have brought us into it. "YOU" were the one who started making comments about Gilmer, so we have every right to come in and defend ourselves. Had you kept your mouth shut about Gilmer, we wouldn't have come in now would we have? I bet the first bad thing that would have been said about Tatum in the Gilmer vs Diboll thread, you would have started screaming bloody murder.

Good double standard there.

No warhawk1432,

You aren't getting off that easily. If you didn't want comments from the Buckeye faithful, then you shouldn't have brought us into it. "YOU" were the one who started making comments about Gilmer, so we have every right to come in and defend ourselves. Had you kept your mouth shut about Gilmer, we wouldn't have come in now would we have? I bet the first bad thing that would have been said about Tatum in the Gilmer vs Diboll thread, you would have started screaming bloody murder.

Good double standard there.

I (me) did not say anything about Gilmer until You guys went off on us In a thread that has nothing to do about us....just read the thread...my first comment did not mention anything about Gilmer ( in fact my second post on this thread was number #39... and it was a response to a GILMER fan...and I was not disrespecting in any manner well, except I told the guy to shut his pie hole about Tatum and how our coaches trys to find non district games for us) nor would I have brought it up until you jumped in......

stay on topic!!! thanks for your help in this !!

P.S. i have comment on Gilmer V diboll...and notice I didnt bring the word Tatum into the conversation....Good double standard for yourself Chief!!!

go Tatum go

I saw another thread for this game but I figured I'd come and post on this one because the guy that started the other one obviously doesn't know what he's doing...he said, and I quote "I pick Carthage over TatEM! Notice the E! It's always good to know how to spell the name of the town when you start a thread about them. LOL! Anyway....I think Tatum pulls this out!

Tatum 21

Carthage 14

LET'S GO TATEM! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, that's funny -- ain't it UncleRico? I think he may wanna look at a newspaper, or a sign, or something! After all, ain't the town of Tatem just a little to the north of Carthridge? Hehehe!

As much as some of our 17AAA comrades over there in Tatum hate my beloved Buckeyes, Ima still gonna root for 'em! I say:

Go Tatum Eagles! Beat dem pups from Carthage!

uh you know NOTHING.... could it be that a former coach of Tatum is in jefferson and requested to play Tatum and Tatum honored that coach by saying yes??? and Arp and Troup were in our district the last two years and wanted a game with us and seeing that not many people in 3A wanted to play us it was decided that it would be a good game for both teams???(we are not much biiger than we were for the last 2 years (+25))

we stepped up to play hallsview and we played Kilgore in a scrimmage. so lay of with your big mouth...Gilmer should probably be playing all 4a schools in Non district since they think they can beat them all!!!

Was this NOT your post? Yes, I do believe that it was. Eaglessoar84 made a bad comment about Gilmer and one of us posted back. Then, YOU started it all off with this. So don't sit there and say that you didn't start the whole firestorm. If you were going to post anything, it should have been aimed at eaglessoar84 since "THE FIRST POST FROM A GILMER FAN" was to support Tatum.

Dude, you're pathetic.

I (me) did not say anything about Gilmer until You guys went off on us In a thread that has nothing to do about us....just read the thread...my first comment did not mention anything about Gilmer ( in fact my second post on this thread was number #39... and it was a response to a GILMER fan...and I was not disrespecting in any manner well, except I told the guy to shut his pie hole about Tatum and how our coaches trys to find non district games for us) nor would I have brought it up until you jumped in......

stay on topic!!! thanks for your help in this !!

P.S. i have comment on Gilmer V diboll...and notice I didnt bring the word Tatum into the conversation....Good double standard for yourself Chief!!!

go Tatum go

No, you are wrong again. eaglessoar84 started off on Gilmer fans, NOT the other way around. Or, maybe we need to repost the comment AGAIN so you can get your head out of your four points of contact.

I think Gilmer picking on the 2A schools and running scores up on teams like Emory Rains (77-21) all but eliminates the possibility of Gilmer having more class. Carthage puts in backups in the second half of blowout games to keep from running the score up. What does that tell you?

Here you go warhawk1432,

Just in case you were going to claim amnesia or something.

This right here is what brought Gilmer into the thread, and it was done by a TATUM POSTER. So don't accuse us of doing anything. What you need to do is clean up around your own back porch before you start getting critical of us.

Tatum takes care of business. Tatum 28 Carthage 21

Lojack, you of all people should be predicting Carthage huge after watching Carthage destroy (sorry hawgdawg) Diboll. You're just wishing for an upset, and not making an objective prediction.

i dont know who eaglesoar84 is in fact he has only been a member since 27 oct 08 leads me to believe he/she is not a tatum fan in fact they are probably just trying to stir the pot and we all fell for it.... how about a little peace between us and let us root for our hometown, in fact I promise not to say anything bad about Gilmer from this time 6:53p 10 nov 08 forward until we are within 7 days of playing each other again!!!! deal???

Lojack, you of all people should be predicting Carthage huge after watching Carthage destroy (sorry hawgdawg) Diboll. You're just wishing for an upset, and not making an objective prediction.

Hahaha lojack being lojack!

No problem, Carthage has a great team and I will be rooting for them.

carluv,

you got to remember that lowjack predicted that the jacks would beat the bulldogs 41-7!

i dont know who eaglesoar84 is in fact he has only been a member since 27 oct 08 leads me to believe he/she is not a tatum fan in fact they are probably just trying to stir the pot and we all fell for it.... how about a little peace between us and let us root for our hometown, in fact I promise not to say anything bad about Gilmer from this time 6:53p 10 nov 08 forward until we are within 7 days of playing each other again!!!! deal???

I have no problem with that. Matter of fact, I've never had anything but respect for Tatum and the fans of Tatum.

With that being said, I will also honor the same deal.