Playoff Uniforms.

TheBigSecondaryCoach

As absurd as it sounds, uniforms can have an effect on a game (albeit very small). For instance, if you take a football team that is above average in size and dress them out in all-white unis, they will look huge. And believe it or not, 15-18 year old boys do pay attention to the size of their opponents in pre-game warm ups and a lot of them can be mentally defeated before the 1st snap.

If anyone remembers the John Tyler run through the State playoffs some years back, I believe they had different uniforms for the playoffs. (CUJO I think?) I know most coaches (but not all) are pretty particular about keeping everything the same week after week. I guess it is up to the coaches, as for me I think go with what is comfortable...... WRraider2010, good luck in the playoffs- you guys played HARD against us last week. Best of Luck!

As absurd as it sounds, uniforms can have an effect on a game (albeit very small). For instance, if you take a football team that is above average in size and dress them out in all-white unis, they will look huge. And believe it or not, 15-18 year old boys do pay attention to the size of their opponents in pre-game warm ups and a lot of them can be mentally defeated before the 1st snap.

as a former player i know this is very true about being intimidated based upon pre-game uniforms. I never thought about white but solid black just looks mean. Being a Red Raider we had all black except jersey. I dont know, just my opinion

I do remember one year a team came out for the warm up wearing black gloves. The coach then noticed the opposing team was wearing their white jerseys. This team came back for kickoff wearing white gloves to match opponent’s jersey color. Found out later from the coach that holding calls became more difficult for the refs with this scheme.

Some of the folks posting might remember back several years ago it was thought that the Dallas Coeboys were cursed by the Dark Blue jerseys. I can't remember which Super Bowl they won wearing guess what the Dark Blue uniforms.

It did seems like they lost alot of games in those dark jersey's...then again that was the road uni at the time.

In these days of uncertain economic times, what an absolute waste of money. Pathetic......

Shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everywhere I turn around..."In these days of uncertain economic times"...jees, we watch the news, we know things are great right now (and no I'm not rich....I'm classified in the lower-class income bracket....just in case you want to play that card)....but just because things are "uncertain" doesn't mean that athletic booster clubs don't have the extra money to spend on the kids for the playoffs! Go whine to CNN!!

my understanding is Daingerfield is the home team friday against harleton, but we are wareing our away uniform, i think if the uniform boosts the team, u have to do it

This is something that was started back in '97... We had to play a playoff game vs. Hooks @ Hooks, we wore white, we played well so we wore white the remainder of the playoffs, it was something McFarlin continued after McKamy left... I'm happy to see Bowman has come in touch with his inner LOCUST... We wore all white then, but I don't know if the team has any white pants now ??

Kids do get intimidated by size and uni colors! No doubt! Whitehouse doesn't come out in shoulder pads just jerseys, u think that might have an effect on the other team! Who know's! Its like all those neck roles these kids were these days....makes them look big! Kinda silly....but however you have to get your confidence. I say do it!

-out-

Some of the folks posting might remember back several years ago it was thought that the Dallas Coeboys were cursed by the Dark Blue jerseys. I can't remember which Super Bowl they won wearing guess what the Dark Blue uniforms.

I do remember.

I can't see every school paying for new jerseys, but do they keep old ones. Teams could dust off the 80's or 90's uniform for a throwback look. It might help bring tradition back to a program...just a thought.

I know in the past at our school, the seniors were allowed to buy their jersey. The year the team got new ones, everyone was allowed to buy theirs. But this year the JV got the old Varsity jerseys. I think things just get passed down till they wear out.