What is YOUR excuse?

vandalmom7575

Since BEFORE day one in preseason, there has been a lot of talk about how "weak" 14AAA is as a district. When Van has a great season, people STILL put up the excuse that it is just because 14AAA is a weak district. Do you think maybe NOW, with Van being Regional Champions, we could stop excusing Van and maybe give them credit for being a contender because they are a well-disciplined, GOOD team of ball players? :thumbsup:

VandalMom, I still think Van will have to prove themselves to other districts. 14AAA is in a little neck of the woods where lots of teams don't even know we exist. I look on the boards here, and thinks it's funny the way most teams in this district like to stay under the radar and do their talking on the field. We like it like that! Being underestimated is sometimes the best weapon you have. Van had one of the best runningbacks in the state, and everyone was up for them. The best game plan any team had was how to stop him. In relying on him so much, maybe some of the rest of the team didn't play to their full potential. Lots of times, it easier to keep your mouth shut and be the underdog. After the last two games, I kinda like that role. Sooooo, don't let it upset you if we don't get the recognition we deserve.

VandalMom, I still think Van will have to prove themselves to other districts. 14AAA is in a little neck of the woods where lots of teams don't even know we exist. I look on the boards here, and thinks it's funny the way most teams in this district like to stay under the radar and do their talking on the field. We like it like that! Being underestimated is sometimes the best weapon you have. Van had one of the best runningbacks in the state, and everyone was up for them. The best game plan any team had was how to stop him. In relying on him so much, maybe some of the rest of the team didn't play to their full potential. Lots of times, it easier to keep your mouth shut and be the underdog. After the last two games, I kinda like that role. Sooooo, don't let it upset you if we don't get the recognition we deserve.

Van is a good team, but 14AAA is weak, Kemp and Eustace in the playoffs?

Since BEFORE day one in preseason, there has been a lot of talk about how "weak" 14AAA is as a district. When Van has a great season, people STILL put up the excuse that it is just because 14AAA is a weak district. Do you think maybe NOW, with Van being Regional Champions, we could stop excusing Van and maybe give them credit for being a contender because they are a well-disciplined, GOOD team of ball players? :thumbsup:

The fact that you don't know that the Division I Regional Championship will be determined NEXT weekend says all any of us need to know about Van's recent history and the "tradition" in that district. Van is having a great year, we will all give them credit. I'm sure this is their deepest playoff run in quite awhile. Don't open up a can of worms on yourself, as they will be facing by far the best team they have played in many years next weekend (in what some of like to call the Regional Championship game). The rest of that district is AWFUL. Playing respectable Playoff games, much less wins, from that neck of the woods have been very few and far between.

The fact that you don't know that the Division I Regional Championship will be determined NEXT weekend says all any of us need to know about Van's recent history and the "tradition" in that district. Van is having a great year, we will all give them credit. I'm sure this is their deepest playoff run in quite awhile. Don't open up a can of worms on yourself, as they will be facing by far the best team they have played in many years next weekend (in what some of like to call the Regional Championship game). The rest of that district is AWFUL. Playing respectable Playoff games, much less wins, from that neck of the woods have been very few and far between.

LOL I was thinking the same thing LOL next game is regional final for D1

I watched Van last night and was impressed

and Van brought a great crowd to RC

Congrats on another great win

I will be pulling for the Vandals

but winning the next one will be difficult, very, very difficult

The fact that I reversed Area and Region is my mistake, and was not intended as a "dig" on our next opponent(s). My post was directed toward those who continue to call all of 14AAA "weak". There was no intent of malice in the post, but I suppose some took it that way; and it is all about perception. Far be it from me to insert myself to lift up our young men without someone having (his or her) feelers hurt. Then, of course, comes the need to lash and bash... :unsure: I apologize that the post offended and that I committed a faux pas. I will not, however, apologize for my original post. Vandals deserve credit for the team they have become.

I agree that the next game will be tough for the Vandals. Maybe not just tough, but very, very tough. I never want them to think winning will be easy, though. Vandalmom, you're enthusiastic and great. More teams need moms like you! You do lift the team up and anyone that knows your family would know you would ever discredit any other team or player. You just want whats right and justfully yours and that's respect for your team.

I dont think there is any reason to apologize

Fans need to be fans

Support your team all the way

You have a lot to be proud of

Do you have a son playing? If so, what number is he?

Thank you, Butch. I am very proud of my sons (even those who have their own moms!lol)!: Varsity 75 and 8th(Red) 75 are mine!

I agree that the next game will be tough for the Vandals. Maybe not just tough, but very, very tough. I never want them to think winning will be easy, though. Vandalmom, you're enthusiastic and great. More teams need moms like you! You do lift the team up and anyone that knows your family would know you would ever discredit any other team or player. You just want whats right and justfully yours and that's respect for your team.

Thank you, Coach. And might I add that the Vandal Nation is blessed that you and yours are a part of our family!

Vandalmom -- Congrats to your team for being in the playoffs--Credit given--and hi 5's to you for supporting your team..just remember, every game from here on out is like a state championship game..no one hardly ever remembers 2nd place........

Like my coach in high school taught me back in the late 60's and early 70's......leave it all on the field, if your not totally exhausted when the final horn sounds...you didn't give it 100%

Godd Luck to all

There might be some confusion about whether last night's game was for region. I thought it was for area, but the trophy given after the game was labeled as regional champions. Would it be because there is one less game played in Div. 1, and next weeks game is considered quarter finals? Like I said the trophy says reg.champs, I even looked back at the pictures I took last night to verify it.

There might be some confusion about whether last night's game was for region. I thought it was for area, but the trophy given after the game was labeled as regional champions. Would it be because there is one less game played in Div. 1, and next weeks game is considered quarter finals? Like I said the trophy says reg.champs, I even looked back at the pictures I took last night to verify it.

Our locker signs said regional champions, as well... I thought that there will be quarters, semis, then state left for AAA-DI. Perhaps, it is because I have not had 1st-hand experience in the play-offs since my own high school days (SO many moons ago), that I am so confused?

NO IT IS A WEAK DITRICT

Good teams can still come from weak districts. Take the last few years for example. Gilmer's district schedule was a pretty easy compared to the district they are in now, but they still played for the state championship last year. Of course being in a stronger district and having to battle for every game is gonna make a good team better. As a fan and parent in district 14AAA, I believe that 14AAA is probably the weakest AAA district in East Texas, but Van didnt have much trouble winning it either. The 14AAA playoff representatives were lucky to have 13AAA in the first round, as it is an even weaker district, but I think Van did prove themselves to a point by beating the 16AAA district champions convincingly. Now they need to get prepared for a Prosper team that is very sound offensively and defensively. It will definitely be the biggest challenge and the best team they have faced.

Van is in region2 and Prosper is in region2 how could both be the regional champ?

This week is regional finals/state quarterfinals

Hey Vandalmom7575, take it from another mom (4, 54, 45), don't let some of these ya-hoos get to you. I agree Van is a good team. Everyone has their opinions and some don't know how to express them nicely. Some just like to stir up trouble.

Good luck in the next round (what ever it is). :thumbsup:

Van is the best team in this district, but how can you make a judgement of other teams that you may not have seen? I don't think it's right to say that if you have not seen other teams play. I saw the game for the district championship when Van soundly beat Eustace but that doesn't mean this district is the weakest in the state.