When is a coach crossing the line? Motivation or terrorism?

During a 7th grade boy's basketball tournament, this weekend, the 2nd place team lost badly in the championship game, to a team they had beat earlier this year.

Needless to say, neither the coach nor the boys were pleased with their performance. After the game, the coach destroyed the trophy in front of the boys.

Is this acceptable behavior by a coach? At what point does an attempt at motivation, cross the line?

While It never bothered me to be yelled at by a coach, this is the epitome of stupidity. He should have made the adjustments in the game. He could have had a little tirade that most coaches do after a loss, unless it's a close loss which they normally don't. I think he should at least be reprimanded, suspended for several games without pay, and made to pay for the destruction of school property.

If this has happened in the past, this guy needs to go.

The coach has apologized to the players and parents. I believe he will be replacing the trophy. Hopefully he has received some guidance from administration. Whether he understands and regrets his error of judgment, only he knows!

The coach has apologized to the players and parents. I believe he will be replacing the trophy. Hopefully he has received some guidance from administration. Whether he understands and regrets his error of judgment, only he knows!

He should be suspended for at least a month without pay. This was a total disgrace to coaching.

As I said, I never minded a 5-10 minute berating by a coach after a game we should have or even could have won. This coach took it to a different level by destroying the trophy. Nobody likes loosing, that I know of. This coach should have given his motivational speech, and let the kids know he was disappointed in their efforts. However, he should have Oreo'd it.

Not judging untill I know the facts.

Let's see. The coach admitted doing it, apologized, and vowed to replace the trophy. What other "facts" are you waiting on?

If you would read from earlier post! I said I could sleep well tonight! He was wrong!!!! Go see what BRF is doing!

Nice.

You say you're waiting for all the facts, I point out the facts are in, and I get jumped on.

Are you sure you're sleeping okay? Looks like there may be a little anger management problem you're dealing with.

BTW Judge Judy, where in your post did you say he was wrong?

Nice.

You say you're waiting for all the facts, I point out the facts are in, and I get jumped on.

Are you sure you're sleeping okay? Looks like there may be a little anger management problem you're dealing with.

BTW Judge Judy, where in your post did you say he was wrong?

Not jumping on you! Thanks for the advice on the anger management!