Why Football will ALWAYS be more popular than Baseball

KirtFalcon

(Rim shot)

When in doubt, wax hyperbole to prove that you are still “in” an argument :rolleyes:

Cut by the rapier wit of Cheaprick again!!! Oh, how will I go on????? :rolleyes:

And even though I'm sure you don't realize it, the fact that football is more popular than baseball is hardly an "argument".

the fact that football is more popular than baseball is hardly an "argument".

The concept of popularity is argued nowhere in this thread by your's truly ... I am saying “more popular” does not necessarily mean “better”.

American Idol is the #1 show on TV ... does not mean it is better than 24

Rap/HipHop is popular ... does not mean it is better than Rock & Roll

Catching on? :whome:

The concept of popularity is argued nowhere in this thread by your's truly ... I am saying “more popular” does not necessarily mean “better”.

American Idol is the #1 show on TV ... does not mean it is better than 24

Rap/HipHop is popular ... does not mean it is better than Rock & Roll

Catching on? :whome:

Hip/Hop and Rap are not more popular than Rock & Roll. That's why their attendance figures are far lower than our has been bands.

It's also why football is funner to watch than baseball. I love baseball, don't get me wrong. Football is almost like a Rock concert.

^ You have to figure in record sales, too, Dave-O

makes you a troll since the thread is about which is more "popular". Maybe you should review your SDC moderator handbook

This thread is about a classic George Carlin bit. It is not limited to any one particular concept.

BTW -- I helped write the SDC "handbook" ... try again ... you are now reaching for things to post :whome:

I beg to differ ! There is probably no game more exciting than a 1-0 game where the outcome is on the line with every pitch.

The game cannot be on the line with every pitch until the team trailing is batting in the 9th inning. I would also argue that to be suspense rather than excitement.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

That pretty much sums it up.

Hey benchwarmer, when your grandson threw a no-hitter in his last district game, (which was 0-0 going into the 6th), was it exciting or suspenseful? I had trouble sleeping last night because I thought it was an exciting game back in April. Then I logged on to Smoaky yesterday and found out that it was probably only suspenseful. I bought a sleep-aid at Wal-Mart, I'm hoping for a better night tonight. :thumbsup:

Baseball is the most reasonably-priced of the four major team sports. Settle down :getlost:

How about these 25 cent tickets ? True it's for one game, but what a bargain. There are always coupon books to purchase for the Rangers games. Since football season is over, I'm ready for some baseball. 3 more months till the smell of spring.

Party like it's 1923: Yankee bleacher tickets for 25 cents

Aaron Crowe

Dec 23rd 2008 at 4:00PMText SizeAAAFiled under: Bargains, Extracurriculars

It's news that brings any baseball fan out of the off-season doldrums: Bleacher tickets to the first two games at the new Yankee Stadium will only cost a quarter, the Yankees announced Tuesday, and grandstand tickets will be $1.10.

The "Turn Back the Clock" promotion matches the prices for the opener of the original Yankee Stadium against Boston on April 18, 1923, when Babe Ruth hit a third-inning home run off Howard Ehmke.

But don't get too excited. While it is the opening of the stadium, they're exhibition games (against the Chicago Cubs, a good team worthy of seeing) and for the general public to get the tickets you have to wait for season-ticket holders and even partial season-ticket holders to get the discounted tickets. The exhibition games are April 3 and 4.

Field level seats at the 52,325-seat ballpark will cost $45-$50, main level $20-$45 and terrace level $20-$35. Full season-ticket holders will get the seats for free, and partial season-ticket holders will be given a pre-sale.

After season-ticket holders get their free tickets, "The balance of tickets will be sold first to our partial-plan holders, then to the general public, at vastly reduced rates compared to the regular season," Yankees chief operating officer Lonn Trost said on the Yankees Web site. "Using such a pricing model for these games allows us to thank our fans for their continued loyalty and introduce them to baseball's new grand cathedral."

Tickets will not be higher than $50 for each game. Remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public at a date that hasn't been determined yet. The club recommends going to www.yankees.com for more details and purchase instructions.

The regular-season opener is April 16 against Cleveland. Tickets cost up to $2,500 a game during the regular season.

Aaron Crowe is an unemployed journalist in the San Francisco Bay Area. Read about his job hunt at www.talesofanunemployeddad.blogspot.com

Source

• 2 weeks later...
Because even the simplest of minds can understand football whereas you actually need some intelligence to understand baseball.

I love both sports, but I am sorry that statement is so far from true.

If your talking just simply watching the game, both are easy to figure out

If your talking about diving into the science of the game BOTH sports can get as intellectual as you want. Neither is easy for the simple minds if you go past simply watching and really get an understanding of it