Former REL Coach Biff Peterson visits The Brook Hill School

Smoaky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give her time to look it up. :rolleyes:

Here is the Oldredraidercoach's story. He is a graduate of Winnsboro High School, was a student coach/intern under Doug Williams who is no longer in coaching but is an administrator. He from Winnsoro went to Plano. I believe that he told me that he is now at another school in the Metroplex. He is much younger than myself and I was not in Winnsboro at the time that he would have been in school and a student coach.

Here is the Oldredraidercoach's story. He is a graduate of Winnsboro High School, was a student coach/intern under Doug Williams who is no longer in coaching but is an administrator. He from Winnsoro went to Plano. I believe that he told me that he is now at another school in the Metroplex. He is much younger than myself and I was not in Winnsboro at the time that he would have been in school and a student coach.

Student coach/intern under a superbowl MVP...another star on his resume. How can this guy not get a head coaching job? Amazing.

Actually, he was born in Winnsboro and was there through kindergarten, (where he was in Steve Pinnell's class), then his dad moved all over East Texas coaching football until he reached 8th grade and they moved to Plano. He is a Plano graduate, but an East Texan born and half-raised.

And....to the genius on here known as A_NON_AMOS, you got the A part right....Garrett has turned down a couple of interviews for head coaching positions and is currently one of the favorites for a little school that you may have heard of...if you know anything about Texas High School Football. I'll give you a hint...they are purple and white and the play on The Reservation.

Guest tuffstuff16
This is Speculation

I heard Emmett Brown and Marty McFly are interviewing next. When Biff was asked if he was really interested in the job he replied, "helloooo? helloooo? Is anyone home? Think McFly, think!"

I hear if Biff gets the job...he's bringing Mad Dog Tannen with him as the DC.

Explains a lot. Thanks BRF. :thumbsup:

More coach bashing from OLDRAIDER! Is this another job where you couldn't get an interview? Glowing resume and all? It seems like a young guy with all those championships would be able to land one of these at some point. I guess it's just too hard to impress people with your foot in your mouth all the time!

:thumbsup:

Winnsboro's not good enough to be hated.

See there you go hating on them. Why are they not good enough. Did not the football team go to the quarterfinals this yeas and are not the girls going to the playoffs also. They are 29-0 so I guess they are good enough. The boys basketball team if they do not have a meltdown will be in the playoffs. The only team that Winnsboro puts on the field that may not make the playoffs are the girls softball team. The baseball team will make the playoffs.

What gripe do you have with Winnsboro?

btw: YoU DID NOT TELL ME WHICH TEAM YOU SUPPORT. They must be losers in all sports.

Why are they not good enough.

That's a question, isn't it?

To answer....it's because they're only good in girls basketball, don't even play volleyball, and haven't won a state championship, to my knowledge, in any other sport...EVER! That's not enough success to be hated.

That's a question, isn't it?

To answer....it's because they're only good in girls basketball, don't even play volleyball, and haven't won a state championship, to my knowledge, in any other sport...EVER! That's not enough success to be hated.

LET ME REFRESH YOUR MEMORY SINCE YOU SEEM TO HAVE SELECTED MEMORY. The Winnsboro girls won back to back to back state championships in 99,00,01. Have been to the state tournaments 7 of the last 10 years. The boys went to the quarterfinals in football last year. The baseball team went to regionals also last year. IN FACT, all the athletic teams but girls softball went to the playoffs in the 07-08 school year. The boys have been to the playoffs in football in 00,01,06,07,08,

Get your facts straight before you come on here and claim that Winnsboro is not good enough to be hated. As far as the volleyball issue, I have said enough in the past about that to last a lifetime.

Get your facts straight before you come on here and claim that Winnsboro is not good enough to be hated.

While I don't feel the Red Raiders are the most hated team on this site....the majority of controversy might be found in a Tyler area mirror. :rant:

LET ME REFRESH YOUR MEMORY SINCE YOU SEEM TO HAVE SELECTED MEMORY. The Winnsboro girls won back to back to back state championships in 99,00,01. Have been to the state tournaments 7 of the last 10 years. The boys went to the quarterfinals in football last year. The baseball team went to regionals also last year. IN FACT, all the athletic teams but girls softball went to the playoffs in the 07-08 school year. The boys have been to the playoffs in football in 00,01,06,07,08,

Get your facts straight before you come on here and claim that Winnsboro is not good enough to be hated. As far as the volleyball issue, I have said enough in the past about that to last a lifetime.

Celina, Gilmer, Dangerfield, Tatum, Highland Park- all hated by many because they have won so many football championships or in the hunt every year. Winning girl's basketball titles will not gain you that distinction.

In who's eyes. Are you saying that girls do not matter? I will tell that to MANSFIELD,CANYON, DUCANVILLE,Nazareth,POTH, and many others that their state championships are worthless and only macho boys' championships matter.

You bring it upon yourself with this type of post, you referenced a school was hated because of their accomplishments. You included all sports both boys and girls. Amos said that winning championships in only girls basketball does not qualify for the WHOLE ISD being hated. Now you have spun it to dissing other schools teams, which is it the WHOLE ISD or some other schools girls basketball team? You loose me with each of your posts, kinda like Ricochet Rabbit, bing-bing-BING-biiing......................

pic_ricochet_rabbit.gif

In who's eyes. Are you saying that girls do not matter? I will tell that to MANSFIELD,CANYON, DUCANVILLE,Nazareth,POTH, and many others that their state championships are worthless and only macho boys' championships matter.

They matter and that is great, it just won't get you hated status by the masses. It has nothing to do with boys or girls sports- it's more a matter of football. Look at Edgewood and Rivercrest in boy's basketball. They have had great boys teams for many years in basketball but I don't believe anyone really hates Edgewood or Rivercrest. I am just telling you the truth, I am sorry if you don't like it, I didn't make up the rules.

It's called "selective memory," not "selected."

Congratulations on making the PLAYOFFS, but can you tell me where my facts are wrong?