Why White Oak will win game 3

Edgar13

Why White Oak will win  

57 members have voted

1. 1. White Oak will win because (they are)

• Playing at home
    • The refs
    • White Oak is not good enough to beat Sabine

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blaming officials is an excuse. always has been, always will be

And the world is now a better place.

Its a poll you dont have to make excuses. it could be White Oak will win because they are at home and they play great at home or Sabine is a better team. Just vote or dont vote.

So the rules change when you are at White Oak.

I think the rules stay the same, but "at times" the officials make some calls and then at other times they let things go....

I know they are human and yes I have done it. it is not easy.

I dont think a ref in the Longview Chapter would dare make the White Oak coach get off the floor during the game. The shed is a tough place to play. Good luck to both teams.

Will someone please tell me what the rules say about a coach being on the floor?

Will someone please tell me what the rules say about a coach being on the floor?

Page 36 2008-2009 UIL Basketball Manual

b. Bench Decorum. Coaches must remain seated on the bench at all times while the clock is running or is stopped except:

The Head Coach may be standing in front of his or her seat within the confines of the designated coaches’ box. He/she may give instruction to players or make substitutions, but at no time is he/she to question officials decisions while seated or standing. Assistant coaches and bench personnel may rise in front of their seats to spontaneously react to an outstanding play by a member of their team or to acknowledge a replaced player, but must immediately return to their seat.

c. Coaching Box The coaching box shall be outlined outside the side of the court with a six foot box centered around the first or second seat closest to the scorers’ table.

Page 36 2008-2009 UIL Basketball Manual

b. Bench Decorum. Coaches must remain seated on the bench at all times while the clock is running or is stopped except:

The Head Coach may be standing in front of his or her seat within the confines of the designated coaches' box. He/she may give instruction to players or make substitutions, but at no time is he/she to question officials decisions while seated or standing. Assistant coaches and bench personnel may rise in front of their seats to spontaneously react to an outstanding play by a member of their team or to acknowledge a replaced player, but must immediately return to their seat.

c. Coaching Box The coaching box shall be outlined outside the side of the court with a six foot box centered around the first or second seat closest to the scorers' table.

Thank you!

Are you an official? What happens if the coach is out on the floor? Does he/she get a tech?

Shouldnt WO and Sabine fans be more focused on how their respective teams are gonna beat the elite teams in reg 3 to advance to Austin. Both teams are already playoff bound for crying out loud. I know winning district is nice but these teams have bigger fish to fry coming up.

I dont think a ref in the Longview Chapter would dare make the White Oak coach get off the floor during the game. The shed is a tough place to play. Good luck to both teams.

I heard an interesting tidbit about the Longview Chapter refereeing not long ago... Out of respect for the privacy of thr person telling me about this first hand conversation, I can’t say who it was or quote it directly. However, suffice it to say that a member of the Longview Chapter was quoted as saying something along the lines of, and I am paraphrasing: unless a coach interferes or attempts to interfere with the game directly, he’s not going to draw a call for being out of the box. The actual quote was a little more disturbing than that, but the names have been changed to protect the guilty… Apparently in this chapter the UIL rules and rule book are obsolete, or at the very least, open for interpretation. I know it has been along time since I played but I'm pretty sure there is still some scribble in that rule book about a coach's box and what happens when a coach is out of it continuously. My guess is that if refs are allowed to enforce only the rules that they "feel" strongly about and the necessity there of to the sport, then the game could end up looking more like UFC than basketball. (This coincidently, happened IN Sabine against WO with an altogether different chapter). So I'm not just directing this at the Longview stripes. Imagine a game (at this level) where post players are allowed to camp in the lane, hand checking is ignored, and there's no such thing as a charge or blocking all because the stripes don't "feel" like it's crucial to the "spirit of the game". There is a game like that; by the way, it’s called the NBA! Referees need to be reminded that their job is to ENFORCE the UIL rule book not to INTERPRET it. It just seems nuts, in my opinion, that people with this particular mode of thinking are calling varsity ball games. If that's the way it's going to be, I know some church league refs that would be freakin awesome!!!

:thumbdown:

Thanks for the info UcantCme! I wishi would have known some of that last year. We were playing Hughes Springs somewhere in a tourney and one of our guys hit a three to take the lead with about 6 seconds left. this made the score I THINK 62-61 in our favor. When the ball went thru the net our bench simutaneously rose to thierr feet and clapped. Nothing too much! Just rose to thier feet and clapped like any normal team. Well, one of the officials teed us up and of course Jabarri hit both his shots to win.

Shouldnt WO and Sabine fans be more focused on how their respective teams are gonna beat the elite teams in reg 3 to advance to Austin. Both teams are already playoff bound for crying out loud. I know winning district is nice but these teams have bigger fish to fry coming up.

There are four teams in the state with 30 wins and one of them is Sabine. I would think that they ARE one of the elite teams that others need to worry how to beat. Also, the best way I know of to lose today is to have your mind on tomorrow.

I seriously doubt that the people that talk junk on here are players. As far as i know i'm the only player in our district with a smoaky account.

I think that most of the people on here are just fans that like talkin #### to each other in order to create some hype.

I seriously doubt that the people that talk junk on here are players. As far as i know i'm the only player in our district with a smoaky account.

I think that most of the people on here are just fans that like talkin #### to each other in order to create some hype.

Jacket09 plays for EF. I think thats his name.

Thank you!

Are you an official? What happens if the coach is out on the floor? Does he/she get a tech?

Nope, just a fanatic!

Theoretically the coach should get a warning on the first offense, a technical foul on the second offense, and a technical foul plus ejection on the third offense. All of that PLUS having to go before the State Executive Committee for being ejected from a game for unsportsmanlike conduct.