Why White Oak will win game 3

Edgar13

Why White Oak will win  

57 members have voted

1. 1. White Oak will win because (they are)

• Playing at home
    • The refs
    • White Oak is not good enough to beat Sabine

Im pretty sure Boyett ins't the only coach to get out of the box so quit crying about it.

I'm just saying all players and coaches should be held accountable in accordance with the rules. If you think otherwise then you already know your coach is guilty. I never said "Boyett", not even once. If you cannot win within the scope of the rules you don't even deserve to be on the floor with those that can. PERIOD

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a basketball coach and some officials are VERY strict and to the letter about the box, while others - if you are not ragging all over them - will let it slide. In some gyms, you MUST go out onto the floor to be heard at all by your players or the officials. The officials that are VERY strict are usually the ones who let way too much go on the court and are more concerned about shirts untucked, stuff at the scorer's table, coaches box, etc. than they are about the actual playing of the game.

If they enforced the coaches box by the letter wouldn't be anyone left to coach around here. They would all be in a line around Austin!

I don't know about "to the letter" but being 5 or 6 feet out on the floor for 20 minutes out of the game (while the clock runs) is definately not the norm for most coaches. I don't care who you are or your point of view (coach, ref, fan, player) it definitely influences a lot of refs too. Your, and my, coach was one of the best at it sports so I'm not calling anyone out. I'm just sayin... at some point the refs have to grow a spine and draw the line.

Shouldnt WO and Sabine fans be more focused on how their respective teams are gonna beat the elite teams in reg 3 to advance to Austin. Both teams are already playoff bound for crying out loud. I know winning district is nice but these teams have bigger fish to fry coming up.

Snuffy, what are you talking about? Sabine has already punched their ticket to austin. They are the best team in 2a and their coach should be scouting the likes of ponder, krum, and edgewood during the playoffs. I'm not sure if any team in the state can beat sabine.

Snuffy, what are you talking about? Sabine has already punched their ticket to austin. They are the best team in 2a and their coach should be scouting the likes of ponder, krum, and edgewood during the playoffs. I'm not sure if any team in the state can beat sabine.

Nothing like a little tongue in cheek!! Your confusing playing a warm up game against those teams to scouting them for Austin. :sleeping: Why hate? When Arp was ranked real high all these years I am sure they got hated on too. remember that next time you start throwing stones!! Don't worry you will get your chance to beat them.

Just a little joke. Sabine is a good team and I expect them to make it to the regional tournament and possibly austin. All the talk just reminds me of jefferson from last year who had a great preseason, then rolled through an easy district and thought they were going to cakewalk to austin. Region 3 is a tough stretch in 2a. There was no hate for arp once we got this rolling, we began our run to the state title being ranked around #10 and were just a team that east chambers and kountze thought they were going to blowout. It reminds me of this years arp team.

I know people get excited and say dumb stuff about their own team. It is the nature of the beast. Jefferson didn't do to bad last year getting to the regional finals. I think they got a wake up call when Edgewood spanked them in a warm up game. Kids have been ranked high for quite a while now. I don't think they care about anything but who is next on the schedule to play. Goal 1: Outright District Championship which can be accomplished tomorrow!!

It's classless, case closed. :thumbdown:

haha.. explain to me how it is classless? you're talking about one of the more well respected coaches in the area on and off the court... you can't find a better person to instruct and influence your kids, and your going to call him classless because he stands a few feet on the court sometimes trying to coach his players... really?

like itsmeagain said, sometimes you have to get to where your players can hear you... if you've watched him coach you've seen how much he communicates with players the whole game...

It's classless, case closed. :thumbdown:

I don't know about all that. If he's saddling up a ref to ride for the night maybe so, but in general no not at all. I have to give the props to a coach who will stand up for his kids. After all if he wont, who will? Class is not a question here, at least not when it comes to the coaches anyway.

I don't know about "to the letter" but being 5 or 6 feet out on the floor for 20 minutes out of the game (while the clock runs) is definately not the norm for most coaches. I don't care who you are or your point of view (coach, ref, fan, player) it definitely influences a lot of refs too. Your, and my, coach was one of the best at it sports so I'm not calling anyone out. I'm just sayin... at some point the refs have to grow a spine and draw the line.

i like that little ryhme there Ucant ;)

Just a little joke. Sabine is a good team and I expect them to make it to the regional tournament and possibly austin. All the talk just reminds me of jefferson from last year who had a great preseason, then rolled through an easy district and thought they were going to cakewalk to austin. Region 3 is a tough stretch in 2a. There was no hate for arp once we got this rolling, we began our run to the state title being ranked around #10 and were just a team that east chambers and kountze thought they were going to blowout. It reminds me of this years arp team.

last year i dont remember anyone saying we were going to walk over any team...you cant deny jefferson had a good team last year, arp had a monster in Sedrick Johnson though, where did he go to college?

Sedrick is at iowa state. Jefferson had a really good team and made it farther than most teams can say that they ever have. I guess no one ever technically said they were going to walk through the region, but all the jefferson fans called out tatum and arp the entire year asking if "anyone could beat jefferson." There hopefully will be another jefferson-arp matchup in the regional quarterfinals to head back to TJC.

Thanks for the info UcantCme! I wishi would have known some of that last year. We were playing Hughes Springs somewhere in a tourney and one of our guys hit a three to take the lead with about 6 seconds left. this made the score I THINK 62-61 in our favor. When the ball went thru the net our bench simutaneously rose to thierr feet and clapped. Nothing too much! Just rose to thier feet and clapped like any normal team. Well, one of the officials teed us up and of course Jabarri hit both his shots to win.

That is truly sad. If a ref did something like that, he should find something else to do.

Name me a coach that gets out and stays ON THE FLOOR like he does. There are none. A rule is a rule and he should follow it.

He isn't on the floor the whole game. Maybe if you would pull your head out you might see that, but maybe im asking too much from you nostradamus. I forget how you are somtimes haha.

haha.. explain to me how it is classless? you're talking about one of the more well respected coaches in the area on and off the court... you can't find a better person to instruct and influence your kids, and your going to call him classless because he stands a few feet on the court sometimes trying to coach his players... really?

like itsmeagain said, sometimes you have to get to where your players can hear you... if you've watched him coach you've seen how much he communicates with players the whole game...

I don't know what game your watching, but it must be the wrong game. I know how wo coach is. He doesn't stand a few feet away, he is practically a player on the court. He blends in with his players. That's coming from a wo fan.

Shouldnt WO and Sabine fans be more focused on how their respective teams are gonna beat the elite teams in reg 3 to advance to Austin. Both teams are already playoff bound for crying out loud. I know winning district is nice but these teams have bigger fish to fry coming up.

I agree but both teams need this game for the intensity and playoff atmosphere. Needless to say the district schedule has been less than challenging for both teams (other than WO/ND first game). This game will be good for both teams entering the playoffs as long as it is clean and doesn't get chippy (is that a word). Last thing either team needs is someone getting hurt by overly rough play. Hopefully the Refs keep it under control!! Both teams have shots at regional tourney if they take it one game at a time!!!

some of sabine people act like sabine is god's gift to basketball. ur good ok? people know that. but some take it a little far. if sabine is soo good, then why is boyett being on the floor or the refs such a big deal? if theyre so good overcome them. they shouldnt even matter

I've never seen so much crying over something so stupid in my life. Tomorrow's the biggest game of the 18-2A race to date and the topic of discussion is Boyett standing on the court?? Seriously?? Some of you guys need to #### on a pacifier or something because that will have absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game. PERIOD. Boyett has always walked up and down the bench and has always been an animated coach on the sideline. He's just as intense as he asks his players to be. Like "sports r us" said, if referees enforced this rule like you babies want them to then nearly every single coach out there would be in line at Austin right now. As long as the coaches aren't out there riding officials or becoming a hinderance to the game then there is no reason to give them a freakin technical for being out of there seat and coaching there team. It's what coaches do. Btw, if you think any of the players are going to be able to hear their coaches tomorrow night if they stay seated then you are wrong. This whole topic has cracked me up. I guess thats what stupid fans do with their time though, sit around and find something ridiculus to turn into a big deal. White Oak wins tomorrow.

I've never seen so much crying over something so stupid in my life. Tomorrow's the biggest game of the 18-2A race to date and the topic of discussion is Boyett standing on the court?? Seriously?? Some of you guys need to #### on a pacifier or something because that will have absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game. PERIOD. Boyett has always walked up and down the bench and has always been an animated coach on the sideline. He's just as intense as he asks his players to be. Like "sports r us" said, if referees enforced this rule like you babies want them to then nearly every single coach out there would be in line at Austin right now. As long as the coaches aren't out there riding officials or becoming a hinderance to the game then there is no reason to give them a freakin technical for being out of there seat and coaching there team. It's what coaches do. Btw, if you think any of the players are going to be able to hear their coaches tomorrow night if they stay seated then you are wrong. This whole topic has cracked me up. I guess thats what stupid fans do with their time though, sit around and find something ridiculus to turn into a big deal. White Oak wins tomorrow.

Most coaches walk up and down the bench not on the floor! He does not have to stay in his seat just off the floor! Not just him, but any coach!

This is what stupid fans do with thier time. you where doing at 12:35 am