Sabine Girls vs. Marlin

Bigtoe

Just got in from the girls game. It was very exciting. At the end of the first Marlin was winning, then Sabine had the big 2nd quarter to take the lead going into half. Then Marlin came out and had a big 3rd quarter and was up by 10 at won point until Sabine went on a run to cut the deficit to 2 at the end of the 3rd. And then in the 4th it was all Sabine. Hats off to Marlin, they were a very physical team. Sabine could have scored close to 80 but missed a lot of layups and some free throws. Besides that they played extremely well and tough against a very physical marlin team. Cant wait for Friday night. Only problem is I may have to decide if I am going to the boys or the girls game. I guess thats a good problem to have.

Cant wait for Friday night. Only problem is I may have to decide if I am going to the boys or the girls game. I guess thats a good problem to have.

I guess that's the problem when you have two amazing teams.

I think it was one of the best games I have seen by the girls.

Just got in from the girls game. It was very exciting. At the end of the first Marlin was winning, then Sabine had the big 2nd quarter to take the lead going into half. Then Marlin came out and had a big 3rd quarter and was up by 10 at won point until Sabine went on a run to cut the deficit to 2 at the end of the 3rd. And then in the 4th it was all Sabine. Hats off to Marlin, they were a very physical team. Sabine could have scored close to 80 but missed a lot of layups and some free throws. Besides that they played extremely well and tough against a very physical marlin team. Cant wait for Friday night. Only problem is I may have to decide if I am going to the boys or the girls game. I guess thats a good problem to have.

I cannot be at either game Friday due to prior school committments, but my heart will be with both teams as I anxiously await updates on scores. Good luck to the girls and boys teams and remember the basics! Love you all guys and girls!

I'm picking Sabine, Woodville, Leon (Cinderella), and Kountz as the region 3 tournament entries for the girls.

Now that is the work of PROfessional bracketologist!

I think after coming back from ten points down TWICE against a ranked team while missing 9 layups and 6 shots inside the paint (by my count) will finaly give them that signature win... waddaya think sports?

I think after coming back from ten points down TWICE against a ranked team while missing 9 layups and 6 shots inside the paint (by my count) will finaly give them that signature win... waddaya think sports?

I agree. The Lady cards fought through a bad shooting night and still won. Keep the train a rollin! Woodville your next!

There are no signature wins once the playoffs start. Win or go home no one cares about anything else. Girls have made a good run. Road obviously gets tougher Friday. They will need to play great to win Friday.

There are no signature wins once the playoffs start. Win or go home no one cares about anything else. Girls have made a good run. Road obviously gets tougher Friday. They will need to play great to win Friday.

So, are you riding on the kaboose or have you jumped off this locomotive?

This must be code for GOOD LUCK!

No I was answering a question. When you get to regionals there are no easy teams. Girls are going to have to play their best to win.

So, are you riding on the kaboose or have you jumped off this locomotive?

I never jump off the Sabine wagon as unusual I am in the engine room lol. There are no dominating teams (i.e. Winnsboro, Bowie's) in region 3. I think all 4 teams should be fairly evenly matched. The team that play the best over the weekend wins. Woodville appears to play the same type of game as Sabine so it should be a good one.

The girls showed a lot of heart by playing from behind on more than one occasion against Marlin. The turning point in the game was the ridiculous shot that Cortnee made two steps inside the halfcourt line at the end of the third quarter to cut the lead to 2. From then on, it was Sabine's game. Once they got the lead in the fourth, they never relinquished it.

The girls showed a lot of heart by playing from behind on more than one occasion against Marlin. The turning point in the game was the ridiculous shot that Cortnee made two steps inside the halfcourt line at the end of the third quarter to cut the lead to 2. From then on, it was Sabine's game. Once they got the lead in the fourth, they never relinquished it.

The best game the lady cards have played in my opinion.

Congrats on the win. Good luck to them Friday!!!