Who's coming back next year?

schoolmarm

Probably not what the district wants to hear, but Longview girls JV has a few solid freshmen that are Varsity level players but transerred in this year and would not have been eligible to compete on the varsity. As good as they are, there's a lot of youth there that could translate into some big wins in the future.

Probably not what the district wants to hear, but Longview girls JV has a few solid freshmen that are Varsity level players but transerred in this year and would not have been eligible to compete on the varsity. As good as they are, there's a lot of youth there that could translate into some big wins in the future.

It will be interesting to see how that pans out for Longview over the next few years. It certainly doesn't level the playing field any, but maybe the district will be up to the challenge. Or maybe Longview will move back to 5A in the next re-alignment!

It will be interesting to see how that pans out for Longview over the next few years. It certainly doesn't level the playing field any, but maybe the district will be up to the challenge. Or maybe Longview will move back to 5A in the next re-alignment!

Rumor has it their will be two 4a divisions. Longview would be in 4a division 1 along with other schools that are big but not big enough for 5a. Rumor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there are two divisions in HS football. What the UIL is talking about is actually making the districts based on enrollment, for example Longview, Texas High Marshall, Rockwall and another district with smaller schools like Pine Tree, Hallsville, Kilgore and so on.

I know there are two divisions in HS football. What the UIL is talking about is actually making the districts based on enrollment, for example Longview, Texas High Marshall, Rockwall and another district with smaller schools like Pine Tree, Hallsville, Kilgore and so on.

Would that not be just like another size division? Or would the playoffs still go with all 4a schools, not the divisions?

My understanding is that the districts would be made up on size, with the largest be in 1 district as a d1 district, and the smaller schools in their own district as d2 schools. I'm not sure whether 4 teams from each district would still go to the playoffs, but I would guess probably so. Anyway, you would have D1 playoffs and D2 playoffs, the difference is you would know what playoff division you would be in before the season started.

My understanding is that the districts would be made up on size, with the largest be in 1 district as a d1 district, and the smaller schools in their own district as d2 schools. I'm not sure whether 4 teams from each district would still go to the playoffs, but I would guess probably so. Anyway, you would have D1 playoffs and D2 playoffs, the difference is you would know what playoff division you would be in before the season started.

So, the D1 district and the D2 districts would be nothing different than like a 4a district and a 5a district? Correct? So all they are doing is creating another size division such as 1a, 2a, 3a, etc...?

• 4 months later...

Longview will be in a more challenging tournament at the beginning of their season, but lets hope that Longview will be back up to 5A, 4A just isn't tough enough for them.

Typical Longview teams would have found the competition adequate in 4A. The current Longview program has benefited from a significant windfall of talent and is peaking. It remains to be seen if the program can stay at this level for the long term.

Longview's administration could have petitioned to remain in 5A prior to the last re-alignment and will have the opportunity to do so prior to the next re-alignment.

Longview couldn't petition to stay in 5A because to do so you have to prove hardships exist, mainly travel issues. Travel issues are not a factor since the 4A district they play in requires much less trsveling. With the exception of Texas High, all district games are much closer that Mesquite.

Longview will be in a more challenging tournament at the beginning of their season, but lets hope that Longview will be back up to 5A, 4A just isn't tough enough for them.

Yes, a big congratulations to Longview on winning the 4A state soccer championship!

No????? :icon_eek:

I mean, the 4A regional soccer championship!

No again????????? :shocked:

I meant district championship!?!?!

Huh? :shocked:

How about just being the best 4A team in Longview? Not that either huh?

Wow, they do need to go back to 5A. It was easier for them there! :thumbsup: