What does Whitehouse Football look like for the 2009 Season?

TrueHustle05

Schools submit an "average daily membership" EVERY October on a snapshot day chosen by the UIL. Whatever the school's enrollment is on that day is used to determine who is Div I and Div II the following month.

So no.....a new number is submitted every October to the UIL.

The enrollments submitted on the ODD years are used for the following alignment. Meaning....whatever numbers are submitted this Oct will not only determin Division status, but will be used for the 2010 alignment in Feb.

Thanks Mavchamp, I didn't realize the enrollment "snapshot" was reviewed each October for D-I, D-II.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF Whitehouse makes the playoffs they will not beat Longview or THigh. WH best chance would be against THigh because the returning Tigers will still be laughing their butts off from last year's joke they called a playoff game.

Preston Conder will be a better QB than Brady. He will have a learning curve, and early on it won't be pretty. His senior year he should be awesome. WH best chance will be his senior season. Even then beating the likes of LV or THigh is a tall order. I'll believe it about 24 hours after I see it.

Plus, WH fans, Brady is a great kid with a very good arm and touch- but he couldn't move and wasn't very good dealing with pressure of any kind. The THigh QB is vastly superior to Brady and its hard to believe that a little more than a year ago people were talking about Brady and the SS stud in the same sentence. Best of luck to Brady at SFA. Hopefully they can develop him beyond what little the WH staff did.

WH needs to get a defense somewhere. They need to get a legit running game. Until that happens WH fans should keep their yappers shut about beating LV, THigh, Kilgore, or the Golden Acres Home for the Aged team.

I love WH teams. I have missed one game in 4 years. I yell louder to support them than anyone else.

But I am honest enough to know they are not the caliber of many of the great programs in our area and we need to stop kidding ourselves until WH actually does something beyond district.

IF Whitehouse makes the playoffs they will not beat Longview or THigh. WH best chance would be against THigh because the returning Tigers will still be laughing their butts off from last year's joke they called a playoff game.

Preston Conder will be a better QB than Brady. He will have a learning curve, and early on it won't be pretty. His senior year he should be awesome. WH best chance will be his senior season. Even then beating the likes of LV or THigh is a tall order. I'll believe it about 24 hours after I see it.

Plus, WH fans, Brady is a great kid with a very good arm and touch- but he couldn't move and wasn't very good dealing with pressure of any kind. The THigh QB is vastly superior to Brady and its hard to believe that a little more than a year ago people were talking about Brady and the SS stud in the same sentence. Best of luck to Brady at SFA. Hopefully they can develop him beyond what little the WH staff did.

WH needs to get a defense somewhere. They need to get a legit running game. Until that happens WH fans should keep their yappers shut about beating LV, THigh, Kilgore, or the Golden Acres Home for the Aged team.

I love WH teams. I have missed one game in 4 years. I yell louder to support them than anyone else.

But I am honest enough to know they are not the caliber of many of the great programs in our area and we need to stop kidding ourselves until WH actually does something beyond district.

You, my friend, need to give a class on how to write posts. Best post on this thread. You are obviously a football fan as well as a fan of your hometown. Maybe you could host it at one of the schools and help out the rest of your community members. WH is a good football team. The '05 team was the best out the last three in my opinion. Attaway was a good QB, I think he will do well at SFA. It is a shame that WH will go D1 in the playoffs. I think the community needs a few football wins. (Man, they would be hard to live with after that) I personally know several of the kids in the program and they are good kids, very respectful to adults, and they work very hard. I hope they do well next year.

Oh yea, I really enjoyed goading you guys on in earlier posts. It really is too easy.

You, my friend, need to give a class on how to write posts. Best post on this thread. You are obviously a football fan as well as a fan of your hometown. Maybe you could host it at one of the schools and help out the rest of your community members. WH is a good football team. The '05 team was the best out the last three in my opinion. Attaway was a good QB, I think he will do well at SFA. It is a shame that WH will go D1 in the playoffs. I think the community needs a few football wins. (Man, they would be hard to live with after that) I personally know several of the kids in the program and they are good kids, very respectful to adults, and they work very hard. I hope they do well next year.

Oh yea, I really enjoyed goading you guys on in earlier posts. It really is too easy.

I see you haven't changed your name yet.

Will someone please tell me how good Peyton Manning moves in the pocket? The o-line was horrible and yall wouldn't get behind it so don't talk about how somebody else couldn't handle the pressure, you wouldn't either if you were back there. Everybody on here is a better coach than Coach Mac so go ask him if he will step down so some of you can take over.

One other thing, you talk about wh fans need to stop kidding yourselves until yall actually beat someone beyond district, how many times have yall come on here and talked about your basketball team going to state because they beat every private school in Tyler and nobody can stop them. The b-ball team has NEVER had a chance at winning state, but yall come on here and gas them up every year!

Whitehouse runs the spread, not the power I, hence why pass numbers are high and the running not so much. Not to mention, its much easier for huge linemen to pass block then it is for them to go run block. Whitehouse does a lot with what it has, it doesn't exactly have a surplus of huge athletic linemen, a lot of them are just really big guys that can pass block well. That is what whitehouse has done the past years, throw the ball and effectively. Has any linemen besides Jeff Sanders gone anywhere? And if you look at maxpreps, which looks like they reported the entire year this year, theres about 1100 yds rushing on around 209 carries. The previous season doesn't have any place that recorded all the info, but I think I would know when I say it was about 800yds on maybe 120 carries. The line that year was also an almost entire new line with no previous playing experience on the varsity level. As was this years line because the majority of the line before them were seniors. Don't get me wrong, the line is great at what they do, but they are limited when it comes to the run. Run blocking, especially out of the spread, involves your linemen being mobile up to the second level.

Brady broke the mold. He is very football smart. He was outstanding QB and had more guts then a lot of yall give him credit for. When he was a sophmore, it wasn't that he was just thrown into the QB position, he wanted it, he wanted to win and thats what made him a winner. You can slam him for lack of speed or anything else you can make up but realize that Brady was there to win and he was good at it. Thats whats gonna make him hard to replace.

Now I know actually talking about facts on this forum is forbidden as most of yall would rather just throw insults and talk trash about people being too "proud" or arogant.

Whitehouse is proud because we do a lot with what we have. Majority of our guys aren't D1 athletes, but they are a smart team and they play with heart. The coaching staff is awesome and we are proud to see the program on the rise.

Whitehouse runs the spread, not the power I, hence why pass numbers are high and the running not so much. Not to mention, its much easier for huge linemen to pass block then it is for them to go run block. Whitehouse does a lot with what it has, it doesn't exactly have a surplus of huge athletic linemen, a lot of them are just really big guys that can pass block well. That is what whitehouse has done the past years, throw the ball and effectively. Has any linemen besides Jeff Sanders gone anywhere? And if you look at maxpreps, which looks like they reported the entire year this year, theres about 1100 yds rushing on around 209 carries. The previous season doesn't have any place that recorded all the info, but I think I would know when I say it was about 800yds on maybe 120 carries. The line that year was also an almost entire new line with no previous playing experience on the varsity level. As was this years line because the majority of the line before them were seniors. Don't get me wrong, the line is great at what they do, but they are limited when it comes to the run. Run blocking, especially out of the spread, involves your linemen being mobile up to the second level.

Brady broke the mold. He is very football smart. He was outstanding QB and had more guts then a lot of yall give him credit for. When he was a sophmore, it wasn't that he was just thrown into the QB position, he wanted it, he wanted to win and thats what made him a winner. You can slam him for lack of speed or anything else you can make up but realize that Brady was there to win and he was good at it. Thats whats gonna make him hard to replace.

Now I know actually talking about facts on this forum is forbidden as most of yall would rather just throw insults and talk trash about people being too "proud" or arogant.

Whitehouse is proud because we do a lot with what we have. Majority of our guys aren't D1 athletes, but they are a smart team and they play with heart. The coaching staff is awesome and we are proud to see the program on the rise.

Nobody is insulting Brady. In my opinion the WH coaches never developed him any further than what we saw his sophmore year. God made him slow, just like God gave him that great arm. WH folks made him something he wasn't and thats not his fault. Others have gotten better college offers so I think the knocks on Brady have been fair and accurate. Of course he is very good. But there were a few others in the area that were better. And though he may be the best QB Whitehouse has had, that doesn't mean somebody better won't come along. I think Preston will be pretty darn good but won't have the passing stats Brady had.

Somebody else in this thread mentioned WH not having a lot of great athletes. I think that is true. But I also think the WH kids as a group don't have the work ethic some of the kids in the other programs have. I don't think Kilgore has a lot of great athletes but those kids want it more. WH just isn't tough enough mentally or physically.

Somebody else in this thread mentioned WH not having a lot of great athletes. I think that is true. But I also think the WH kids as a group don't have the work ethic some of the kids in the other programs have. I don't think Kilgore has a lot of great athletes but those kids want it more. WH just isn't tough enough mentally or physically.

Not real sure Kilgore is a great example of a school without (a lot of) great athletes, but I'm pickin up what your puttin down about mental toughness and work ethic. Celina in football and Ponder in basketball are two programs where the kids have great work ethic and perform beyond their pedigree!

That is VERY true.

Well it is really way to early, but imma put my 2 cents in here.

I know district is all that counts an all, but I cannot wait to see the pre district games.

Garland Naaman Forrest. (They are just to big........) They stomped us. I thought it was amazing that we were within a point at halftime, but we just could not hold on to those fast boys.

Celina....Wow, those boys are still prolly ticked about losing to WH. I mean the whole community showed up with orange shirts made that said, "Paint Whitehouse Orange" I really look forward to this game. (Very well could loose this one)

Red Oak was a great game that I think we just had to much in the end for them.

Sulpher Springs.....I think we have a great "Chance" against this team due to their loss at QB. I really like this rivalry.

Corsicana.........I dont know about this team at all. They seemed like they were gonna blow us out at the game, but then they just got slow and let us take it away. Well see next time.

I honestly believe we can win out district. Of course, I expect the other homers to come on here and tell me why we will not......But hey.........thats why I am on here saying we will.

New QB suppossed to be great....

Finally have a little of an experienced running game.

"D".....???? Just dont know.

But here is how I see it......We came away with alot of "W's" last year with a very weak team. (Yes they were very close "W's") But they were wins. I know that the outsiders dont seem to think that Attaway can be replaced but I think many will be surprised. Should be alot of fun. I say 10-2 until the first round..........................Then I will just have to see what the teams look like at that point.

PMD

P.S. I swear to all Jacksonville fans that I will not engage in the childish smack talk this year. I will do my best to just state the facts. :rolleyes:

Yes it does, but the kid is good. He tore up the Celina and Namaan Forrest (5A) JV teams last year. Yes, I know its JV but the kid has great potential.

Oh yeah, Ive seen him. He is good but we will have to see.