20 A Baseball

bulldogbacker

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another interesting thing is the Beckville vs. Carlisle game has been rescheduled for Monday now at 4 and Carlisle has turn right back around and play Overton on Tuesday... :shocked:

Should the Monday game get rained out, Carlisle would have to play Overton (Tues), Beckville (Wed) and Hawkins (Fri) all while on spring break and out of their normal routine.

Going to be a very tough week for the Indians.

overton may of been upset by beckville but the will still win the district, if anyone else has a chance it would be carlisle because i dont know if the young players for overton will be used to a pitcher like coleman.

don't doubt the young players from overton. the two freshman have two of the top batting av. on the team. and there are plenty of other problems areas with jr's batting averages to start that c-r-a-p. from what i heard the freshman at carlisle are doing alot of good for them as well. h. martin and c. skelton played with the mccasland and wright kids in summer league last year. thier all good kids from what i hear!!!!!!!!!!!

another interesting thing is the Beckville vs. Carlisle game has been rescheduled for Monday now at 4 and Carlisle has turn right back around and play Overton on Tuesday... :shocked:

the first thing the teams from carlisle and overton better do, is take care of business on monday against beckville and hawkins. overton got a good look at what can happen when you over look an opponent. but it does make it a little more interesting of a game on tuesday. i hear colman is not even carlisle's #1 pitcher is year. the 2 henderson kids are doing an great job for carlisle this year. i heard the simons kid was a much better pitcher. but i wouldn't under estimate any of them.

the first thing the teams from carlisle and overton better do, is take care of business on monday against beckville and hawkins. overton got a good look at what can happen when you over look an opponent. but it does make it a little more interesting of a game on tuesday. i hear colman is not even carlisle's #1 pitcher is year. the 2 henderson kids are doing an great job for carlisle this year. i heard the simons kid was a much better pitcher. but i wouldn't under estimate any of them.

Interesting that the "Henderson" kids are doing well in Carlisle.

Carlisle is a very good team this year with some new faces. To me they are a much better team this year than last year. They do have a lot of new faces, whether it be freshman or move-ins. I only recognized 3 kids off of last years team with them this year. They swing the sticks much better than I have ever seen them in the past and the new pitcher they have is very good, especially for 1A. They are the best 1A team that I have seen in Region III so far. Coach Colley and Baker do a very good job with those young men over there. They play the game the right way and it is a joy to compete against those guys. Good luck to them the rest of the season.

So what's there in Henderson? The athletic program there is so-so at best. Very sad for me to say that because back when I was in school, Henderson was a great competitor in almost every sport. Nothing wrong with moving to a small school district where kids get a lot of attention not only in athletics but in academics as well. Henderson should have kept Rocky at all costs, but Carlisle made a great decision to make him the AD and it shows. Just might move there myself......

i can promise you overton will have thier guard up next game. it should be a very intense game, next go round. no more big head for overton( i hope!). i'm ready to see some of our jr. leadership show up! only one sr.

Is Overton ranked third in the state?

Overton vs. Hawkins.....Overton wins tonite 5-4

Overton put two runs on the board with a pop fly (routine out on a real high school field) that just cleared the 300 foot fence and the third run came on a line drive double that cleared the short 305 feet fence in center field! It was a good hit but not good enough to reward a hitter with a home run. I believe the game will be a little different when Overton comes to Hawkins. Overton hit the ball very good in the last inning to win the game. Hawkins only had one base hit! If you dont hit you dont score. Overton gave the Hawks their runs on errors by the short stop. I hope to see a very different game when Overton travels to Hawkins. It is what it is so congrats to Overton for W.

Overton put two runs on the board with a pop fly (routine out on a real high school field) that just cleared the 300 foot fence and the third run came on a line drive double that cleared the short 305 feet fence in center field! It was a good hit but not good enough to reward a hitter with a home run. I believe the game will be a little different when Overton comes to Hawkins. Overton hit the ball very good in the last inning to win the game. Hawkins only had one base hit! If you dont hit you dont score. Overton gave the Hawks their runs on errors by the short stop. I hope to see a very different game when Overton travels to Hawkins. It is what it is so congrats to Overton for W.

If Hawkins hit the "routine flyballs and line drives" like Overton they would have been rewarded in the same way.

If Hawkins hit the "routine flyballs and line drives" like Overton they would have been rewarded in the same way.

You are correct. As I stated, if you don't hit you don't score! My point is if the game wasn't played on a pee wee field those pop ups would be an out, not a home run.

I heard someone saying that after the game last night and I just couldn't believe it.

sounds to me like you have a bad taste in your mouth about the game and the field. so let me inform you a bit. 1. we played like c-r-a-p and still won(so believe it or not, you got your butt kicked.) 2. both teams played on the same field and if your outfielder where in a different position on your field, then we would have hit it a little harder or some where else(it's call good at bats). quit crying!!!!!!!

sounds to me like you have a bad taste in your mouth about the game and the field. so let me inform you a bit. 1. we played like c-r-a-p and still won(so believe it or not, you got your butt kicked.) 2. both teams played on the same field and if your outfielder where in a different position on your field, then we would have hit it a little harder or some where else(it's call good at bats). quit crying!!!!!!!

well if you play like c-r-a-p today then you will get your butt kicked by Carlisle

So what's there in Henderson? The athletic program there is so-so at best. Very sad for me to say that because back when I was in school, Henderson was a great competitor in almost every sport. Nothing wrong with moving to a small school district where kids get a lot of attention not only in athletics but in academics as well. Henderson should have kept Rocky at all costs, but Carlisle made a great decision to make him the AD and it shows. Just might move there myself......

No doubt Rocky has done a phenomenal job during his time at Carlisle. It is a shame he got shafted at Henderson and yes, he got shafted. I agree with everything you said about Carlisle with the exception of one thing. If i was going to give my child a chance at academic recognition, I would not send him/her to Carlisle. Per my knowledge, Carlisle has never been known as an institution of advanced learning.

Carlisle wins 2-1 in 8 innings

great game. Coleman pitched a great game and simmons came on in the 8th to close it out. Clutch hits at the end by Carlisle. One more on friday and we can finish a tough week 3-0 .

No doubt Rocky has done a phenomenal job during his time at Carlisle. It is a shame he got shafted at Henderson and yes, he got shafted. I agree with everything you said about Carlisle with the exception of one thing. If i was going to give my child a chance at academic recognition, I would not send him/her to Carlisle. Per my knowledge, Carlisle has never been known as an institution of advanced learning.

No reason to take jabs at a school's academics