Boys & Girls Playoff Postings

sfacujackcat

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the WH over PT, but still think PT will give a good fight! Henderson beat CH in pre-season really bad but the girls were not focused, I still think that Hederson will come out with a win, but I'm sure it will not be as easy as the first game! These girls will put up a fight they just have to WANT it bad enough!

I don't doubt PT will give WH a good game, but really was just curious as to why someone felt PT was a better team (and they haven't responded to that, yet). As for the Henderson/CH game, having not seen Henderson play this year, but being familiar with them, I would not be surprised to see them win pretty handily. I have heard this idea before that CH just needs to want it enough and, I'm sorry, but that isn't enough. I think most teams want it enough, but there is, ordinarily, a disperity of talent, athletic ability, what have you, and the better team usually wins (not always, but that's the way to bet). I am just not convinced CH is good enough to beat Henderson. Wouldn't mind being wrong about that, but . . . Good luck to them and to WH, as I would love to see them both win.

I don't doubt PT will give WH a good game, but really was just curious as to why someone felt PT was a better team (and they haven't responded to that, yet). As for the Henderson/CH game, having not seen Henderson play this year, but being familiar with them, I would not be surprised to see them win pretty handily. I have heard this idea before that CH just needs to want it enough and, I'm sorry, but that isn't enough. I think most teams want it enough, but there is, ordinarily, a disperity of talent, athletic ability, what have you, and the better team usually wins (not always, but that's the way to bet). I am just not convinced CH is good enough to beat Henderson. Wouldn't mind being wrong about that, but . . . Good luck to them and to WH, as I would love to see them both win.

I am not necessarily a Pine Tree fan...they probably won't play as pretty a game as WH but, they beat Longview...(a team with a great game). Mentally they are coming off big wins. They are scrappy and do not give up! Any views on Lindale-Kilgore?

I am not necessarily a Pine Tree fan...they probably won't play as pretty a game as WH but, they beat Longview...(a team with a great game). Mentally they are coming off big wins. They are scrappy and do not give up! Any views on Lindale-Kilgore?

I can't argue that beating Longview was an accomplishment, as Longview is a good team. I just have a feeling, tho, that WH is a little better than PT. As for the Lindale/Kilgore game, I know the Lindale folks remember vividly the first time the 2 teams met, back when Lindale was without half of its current starting field players. Kilgore yucked it up and celebrated very openly in the middle of Lindale's field. Well, they have to come back there tomorrow to a whole different group, but with a core that remembers that behavior very well. Lindale is the better team and should win by at least as much as it did on Monday against WH (that was a 4-0 game).

The Lindale girls won 1-0 tonight against Kilgore. We didn't score till second half. Lindale was not playing their best. It was an extremely physical game tonight, two Kilgore players were carded too.

Not sure where or who we will play next.

Looking forward to the Lindale-Marshall boys game tommorow night in Marshall!!

The Lindale girls won 1-0 tonight against Kilgore. We didn't score till second half. Lindale was not playing their best. It was an extremely physical game tonight, two Kilgore players were carded too.

Not sure where or who we will play next.

Looking forward to the Lindale-Marshall boys game tommorow night in Marshall!!

The Lindale girls play Pleasant Grove in Lindale on Monday at 6 (and, no, that wasn't their best game). The Lindale boys play Pittsburgh in Lindale after the girls game. And, in light of my earlier post (predicting at least a 4-0 win for Lindale), my days as a soothsayer are finished!

The Lindale girls play Pleasant Grove in Lindale on Monday at 6 (and, no, that wasn't their best game). The Lindale boys play Pittsburgh in Lindale after the girls game. And, in light of my earlier post (predicting at least a 4-0 win for Lindale), my days as a soothsayer are finished!

Ok thanks for the info....and so your saying that if the Lindale boys win tommorow night then they will play Pittsburgh in Lindale after the girls on Monday??

Is the game that the Lindale boys play against Marshall tommorow night a warm up game or playoff?

It's a playoff game and, yes, I am assuming (always a perilous thing) that they will win tomorrow. And, yes, it would follow the girls game.

Why not give Kilgore girls credit for playing a great game? Yes, it was very physical, and I am disappointed in the loss. Kilgore will be back and better!

Congratulations to Kilgore on executing their game plan and keeping it a tight game. And yes, for that game, that was Lindale's best. Kilgore played the type of game they needed to and Lindale didn't. With that said, congratulations to the Lindale girls for finding a way to win. Regardless of how they play, they don't quit. They are able to play pretty or physical. Fortunately, Lindale was able to find a way to win an continue on in the playoffs. Some wins aren't pretty, but they are wins.

Again, great job Kilgore on making the playoffs. Best of luck next year. You have tough girls who didn't quit. Congratulations to Coach Farmer and Coach Crocker. You are awesome at what you do.

howd yall do against them and how did they do at your tournament?

They beat us 3-2 in the opening scrimmage on Jan 2nd but we were without several starters and played the bench quite a bit. There forward scored all 3. Seems like they were 7th or 8th at the tournament. Palestine beat them in a shootout and Pal was playing down 2 players and came back to force a shootout.

Congratulations to Kilgore on executing their game plan and keeping it a tight game. And yes, for that game, that was Lindale's best. Kilgore played the type of game they needed to and Lindale didn't. With that said, congratulations to the Lindale girls for finding a way to win. Regardless of how they play, they don't quit. They are able to play pretty or physical. Fortunately, Lindale was able to find a way to win an continue on in the playoffs. Some wins aren't pretty, but they are wins.

Again, great job Kilgore on making the playoffs. Best of luck next year. You have tough girls who didn't quit. Congratulations to Coach Farmer and Coach Crocker. You are awesome at what you do.

Not to nitpick, but that wasn't Lindale's best. There were several players who would likely admit they could have played better. That said, Kilgore's commitment to defending their own goal was very effective and served to limit Lindale's chances. But, the flip side of that approach is that Kilgore really didn't generate any attack in the game to speak of, particularly in the 2nd half when the ball stayed on Lindale's 1/2 probably 90 % of the time. Kilgore certainly played hard and physically, and Lindale withstood it and did figure out a way to win. I, for one, was very surprised that the game was that close. Good luck to Kilgore in the future.

Not to nitpick, but that wasn't Lindale's best. There were several players who would likely admit they could have played better. That said, Kilgore's commitment to defending their own goal was very effective and served to limit Lindale's chances. But, the flip side of that approach is that Kilgore really didn't generate any attack in the game to speak of, particularly in the 2nd half when the ball stayed on Lindale's 1/2 probably 90 % of the time. Kilgore certainly played hard and physically, and Lindale withstood it and did figure out a way to win. I, for one, was very surprised that the game was that close. Good luck to Kilgore in the future.

The refs in that game were horrible! They were going to keep giving Lindale free kicks until they scored. For some reason Kilgore changed their game plan vs the last 2 games. The have a sophomore that they were using in defense last night. They had moved her up to offensive mid in the previous 2 games and she really made a difference. You touched on good point though. Kilgore needs a much better offensive plan if they are going to move forward. I know Coach Farmer is up to the challenge and they have a lot of talent coming up. Also they will hopefully have one of their starting forwards back next year who has been out with an injury since preseason. Congrats on the win Lindale. Ole!

The refs in that game were horrible! They were going to keep giving Lindale free kicks until they scored. For some reason Kilgore changed their game plan vs the last 2 games. The have a sophomore that they were using in defense last night. They had moved her up to offensive mid in the previous 2 games and she really made a difference. You touched on good point though. Kilgore needs a much better offensive plan if they are going to move forward. I know Coach Farmer is up to the challenge and they have a lot of talent coming up. Also they will hopefully have one of their starting forwards back next year who has been out with an injury since preseason. Congrats on the win Lindale. Ole!

Free kicks were awarded because #15 and #11 for Kilgore kept MAULING #23 for Lindale the entire game. I saw #23 get undercut or literally pushed off the ball by one, two or sometimes three Kilgore defenders at least a dozen times that were not called. Conversly, Lindale defenders did the same and the calls were made in the first half. Kilgore generated little or no offensive threats in the second half so no calls were necessary. The Kilgore keeper handled the ball outside the box and it was not called. Numerous accidental handballs were let go, as they should have been. The law calls it deliberatly handling the ball. Lindale midfield and defense matched the level of physical play that Kilgore established in the first half, and Kilgore was awarded more free kicks in the first half than Lindale, and the game was played mostly in the Lindale defensive end in the first half. The referee took control and started making more calls in the 2nd half to try and gain control of the game. I thought they should have blown the whistle more often...against both teams, especially in the 2nd half. But to call it horrible just shows your favoritism to one team. Generally speaking, Lindale upped their intensity in the 2nd half and Kilgore responded with even more physical play and that was the reason for the calls (and cards).

I can say that I am an impartial observer because I do not have children that play for any East Texas high school, I did not coach any current player in any High School, and do not work for any school district, and I am a USSF referee, Grade 8 with hundreds of games of experience. The only observation about the referees in this match is that they let the play go too long before taking control of the play. And the AR on the Kilgore side blew two (2) calls on possession. Thats it.

Oh SoccerJones (Lawless), QUIT your whining!!! :cripple: we'll see how yall do a couple rounds deep in playoffs!

wow, thats some trick by Coach Lawless, especially since he's been with his boys team all day and have been on their way to Marshall getting ready to play tonight. I think he's got more on his mind than posting about last nite's girl's game.