20a baseball standings

TyCobb

Beckville's record is now 3-1 after winning against LC (12-1) yesterday. Waskom and Overton won also, but haven't heard from Carlisle. Anybody have the details?

After Friday

Carlisle 4-0

Beckville 3-1

Overton 2-2

Hawkins 2-2

Union Hill 2-2

Waskom 2-2

Big Sandy 1-3

Lev. Chapel 0-4

the next 2 weeks will make or break beckville in the playoff race...Big Sandy, Hawkins, Overton, Carlisle...

the last three are going to be tuff, we felt the same way going beckville, hawkins, carlisle. it's a intense three in a row. good luck to everyone as the second half of district is almost here!!!!

Cobb i agree it'll be a tough stretch...but i misread the ole schedule, we play Big Sandy and Waskom this week, and then its Hawkins, Overton, Carlisle...its still big for beckville this week, 2 wins and a 5-1 record would be huge for those kids

Cobb i agree it'll be a tough stretch...but i misread the ole schedule, we play Big Sandy and Waskom this week, and then its Hawkins, Overton, Carlisle...its still big for beckville this week, 2 wins and a 5-1 record would be huge for those kids

Carlisle 16 Union Hill 0

Indians 5-0 ...woo hoo

Beckville got their game against Big Sandy completed Thursday with a 7-0 win. I could be wrong but I believe that Seth Kirkland threw a no hitter for beckville.

It was a one hitter. Could have been a two hitter according to how you look at it. Big Sandy gave it a one hitter in there books. Because he (Kirkland) pitched so very well, in the mud, rain and the conditions @ Beckville on day three.

Jose Garcia for Big Sandy had 10 strike-outs and 6 looking in Big Sandy's books.

Coach Tobin L. Reid

Saturday result:

Overton 19

Big Sandy 4

Big Sandy had a 3-1 lead with a 3-run home run by Jerry Bond...all Overton after that. BS had 5-6 errors in one inning that allowed Overton to score 6 runs and open the flood gates. Big Sandy needs to keep their heads up. They have playted much better ball this year and have scored in every game except last Thursday.

Saturday result:

Overton 19

Big Sandy 4

Big Sandy had a 3-1 lead with a 3-run home run by Jerry Bond...all Overton after that. BS had 5-6 errors in one inning that allowed Overton to score 6 runs and open the flood gates. Big Sandy needs to keep their heads up. They have playted much better ball this year and have scored in every game except last Thursday.

i have heard alot of people complain about overton's field being small ( a little over 305 average). but i think big sandy's left field is the smallest i've seen at the varsity level. they do have a 20' fence (est.), but it's so short both teams had pop ups that left the field. any where else those hits where outs. does anyone know the true measure of the fense in left? our coach asked thier coach and he said he thought is was 300' or so. it looked more like 250 or so to me. but i don't know.

:coolball:

Carlisle 12

Leveretts Chapel 0

Carlisle now 6-0 in district

Waskom, and Hawkins will have 4 games in this upcoming week, Overton and Beckville will have 3

due to rain outs.

overton has two plus the left over from LC. which is only about 2 innings. overton is playing waskom and beckville. who all is waskom and hawkins and beckville playing this week?

i have heard alot of people complain about overton's field being small ( a little over 305 average). but i think big sandy's left field is the smallest i've seen at the varsity level. they do have a 20' fence (est.), but it's so short both teams had pop ups that left the field. any where else those hits where outs. does anyone know the true measure of the fense in left? our coach asked thier coach and he said he thought is was 300' or so. it looked more like 250 or so to me. but i don't know.

It has not been measured, lately that I am aware of, but it can't be much over 300'. With the extra fence it MIGHT be 305-310'. However, those 2 HR's Saturday are the only ones this year at BS and like was stated, the wind was blowing out hard. The BS homer would have been a homer almost anywhere in district, that ball landed on the football practice field across the road!!

It has not been measured, lately that I am aware of, but it can't be much over 300'. With the extra fence it MIGHT be 305-310'. However, those 2 HR's Saturday are the only ones this year at BS and like was stated, the wind was blowing out hard. The BS homer would have been a homer almost anywhere in district, that ball landed on the football practice field across the road!!

it hit the road and bounced! and that is the shortest 300 ever!

310' with a 20' fence is a decent sized 1A ballpark, even a 2A one.

300 or right over that is short but its not that unusual. As said before, Overton and Big Sandy has short fences but i know carlisle has parts of its field that is barely over 300. I believe west rusks is short in either left or right. Along with Union Grove. So i dont think anyone has a legit argument when complaining about a teams field.