CHS 8-0 Carlisle 20 Waskom 1

OHS 6-2 Overton 20 Beckville 0

BHS 5-3

HHS ?

WHS 4-4

UHHS ?

BSHS ? how did the rest do? Hawkins, Union Hill, Big Sandy, Leverett's Chapel

LCHS ?

Did Overton miss an extra point or did they kick a couple field goals?

Good line! Actually, they did hit a couple of "field goals", and one had 3 extra runs with it.

But they won the game even without those hits. Out2prove summed it up already.

Not downing their field, but now I see what the fence talk is about. But hey, in small schools you do the best with what you have! Just be sure to check yourself for ticks after you leave the Leverett's Chapel visitors dugout.

I am glad when people can take as much as they dish out. I can't stand guys that nag and make fun of people and then as soon as you get something on them, they get mad and start griping.

I , too is uh ignoorant rednek!

Amen to that! The taking/dishing out part, not the ignernt rednek line. Aren't we all considered that (at least by them city folk) if we are 1A?

Hope all the teams get some rest this weekend with round 2 going strong next week. Beckville hosts the Carlisle Lions-in-Indians-clothing Tuesday.

Amen to that! The taking/dishing out part, not the ignernt rednek line. Aren't we all considered that (at least by them city folk) if we are 1A?

Hope all the teams get some rest this weekend with round 2 going strong next week. Beckville hosts the Carlisle Lions-in-Indians-clothing Tuesday.

and we will pound Beckville

Not downing their field, but now I see what the fence talk is about. But hey, in small schools you do the best with what you have! Just be sure to check yourself for ticks after you leave the Leverett's Chapel visitors dugout.

yes the field is only a little over 300 every where, but i heard a guy say something i thought was funny today, while we where at the field for a jv game. "we don't a have a remote to move it in and out, depending on who's batting. we're batting on the same field. let's play ball!" i thought it was funny!

I am surprised at how many more home runs come from Overton batters than visitors. I have no explanation for this. Yes, they play more games there, but I'm saying that very few visitors hit home runs in Overton. Probably has a lot to do with pitching and limiting the number of at bats by playing good defense. The biggest thing to me is not the home runs, but the limiting of extra base hits because the amount of distance to be covered by the outfielder is less and they can play closer to the infield without worrying about something getting over them....cause if it's over them, it's probably out of the park.

Union Hill beat Big Sandy Friday 13-11. Big Sandy had one of their typical innings allowing 6-7 runs in the 3rd or 4th inning. Bis Sandy also has been without numerous players due to AG conflicts. 2 players have missed 5 straight games...and counting. Just hoping to finish the year unlike the past 2 and looks like we will accomplish that goal.

Union Hill beat Big Sandy Friday 13-11. Big Sandy had one of their typical innings allowing 6-7 runs in the 3rd or 4th inning. Bis Sandy also has been without numerous players due to AG conflicts. 2 players have missed 5 straight games...and counting. Just hoping to finish the year unlike the past 2 and looks like we will accomplish that goal.

sounds like you guys are struggling to keep your program a priority and together. you guys are putting a pretty good product on the field with all those distractions you're dealing with on a daily basis. keep fighting the good fight and you never know what might happen. Maybe you guys will be to championship form before you know it. :thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy:

4/3/09

CHS 8-0 Carlisle 20 Waskom 1

OHS 6-2 Overton 20 Beckville 0

BHS 5-3

HHS ?

WHS 4-4

UHHS ?

BSHS ? how did the rest do? Hawkins, Union Hill, Big Sandy, Leverett's Chapel

LCHS ?

it's

chs 8-0

ohs 6-2

bhs 5-3

hhs 5-3

whs 4-4

uhhs 3-5

bshs 1-7

lchs 0-8

does that look right to everyone?

cobb im pretty sure the district track meet that is being ran at Timpson has prelims wednesday and finals thursday, i know beckville is in that district so there game is friday still

overton and carlisle have that same track meet in timpson on wed and thurs.