does that look right to everyone?

4/7/09

chs 9-0

ohs 7-2

bhs 5-4

hhs 5-4

whs 5-4

uhhs 3-6

bshs 2-7(I'm going out on a limb that big sandy beat lc tonight.)

lchs 0-9

omg! there where some interesting occurances at the overton and hawkins game. an umpire cussed the hawkins coach and he went crazy! i was ashamed of some of the overton fans, particularly one woman that bad mouthed coach mayfield, saying he cusses too and to just play ball. coach mayfield has always, to my knowledge, been a fine upstanding man. and i was ashamed of her actions and the way she made us all look. any coach that will make that much of a deal over an umpire cussing him is a breed apart from most coaches and should be exalted, not belittled. so to coach mayfield and the hawkins' fans, i apologize for her actions!

omg! there where some interesting occurances at the overton and hawkins game. an umpire cussed the hawkins coach and he went crazy! i was ashamed of some of the overton fans, particularly one woman that bad mouthed coach mayfield, saying he cusses too and to just play ball. coach mayfield has always, to my knowledge, been a fine upstanding man. and i was ashamed of her actions and the way she made us all look. any coach that will make that much of a deal over an umpire cussing him is a breed apart from most coaches and should be exalted, not belittled. so to coach mayfield and the hawkins' fans, i apologize for her actions!

Sorry, Cobb...Have to disagree with u there. Coach should have a little more control than that. Its hard to expect the kids to have self control and discipline when you display yourself like that. The "idea" behind his "tantrum" may have been noble but the way he handled it was not a very good example.

But I guess it did keep him from getting ejected from the game....lol.

Sorry, Cobb...Have to disagree with u there. Coach should have a little more control than that. Its hard to expect the kids to have self control and discipline when you display yourself like that. The "idea" behind his "tantrum" may have been noble but the way he handled it was not a very good example.

But I guess it did keep him from getting ejected from the game....lol.

i agree as far as the tantrum is conserned, but you guys might not have heard the woman on our side mouthing. she was totally embarrassing in her actions and speech about a coach that i have seen to be pretty darn up standing.

4/7/09

chs 9-0

ohs 7-2

bhs 5-4

hhs 5-4

whs 5-4

uhhs 3-6

bshs 2-7(I'm going out on a limb that big sandy beat lc tonight.)

lchs 0-9

Big Sandy did beat Leveretts Chapel 4-1 Tuesday night. Justin Evans for BS pitched complete game 12 strikeouts, 3 hitter with 2 of those in the first inning! Great effort.

The actions of the coach toward the umpire were wrong. The umpire DID NOT cuss the coach. He used a certain owrd as a figure of speech. He DID NOt cuss him. The asst. coach from Hawkins was the cause of the whole mess. He needs to control his behavior. He was placed in the dugout by the plate umpire for complaining about #### and strikes. He proceeded to make comments after being confined to the dugout. That's what started the whole tirade .

The actions of the coach toward the umpire were wrong. The umpire DID NOT cuss the coach. He used a certain owrd as a figure of speech. He DID NOt cuss him. The asst. coach from Hawkins was the cause of the whole mess. He needs to control his behavior. He was placed in the dugout by the plate umpire for complaining about #### and strikes. He proceeded to make comments after being confined to the dugout. That's what started the whole tirade .

i will say this, the other coach for hawkins was acting bad and DID need to be put in the dugout. he needs to learn to control himself. i didn't like his way of coaching, jmo.

dont know if it was posted yet or not but Carlisle beat Beckville 9-2...ball game was 2-2 either thru 4 and wheels just fell off for beckville in the field, had they not committed those errors i dont think any of the final 7 runs would have been scored, overall the kids played hard, just struggled at the plate gotta get these next 3 wins and get ready for waskom and Hawkins @ the end

dont know if it was posted yet or not but Carlisle beat Beckville 9-2...ball game was 2-2 either thru 4 and wheels just fell off for beckville in the field, had they not committed those errors i dont think any of the final 7 runs would have been scored, overall the kids played hard, just struggled at the plate gotta get these next 3 wins and get ready for waskom and Hawkins @ the end

No need to complain about errors, you just got beat by a better team. Next victim , Overton on Friday. Time to go to 10-0.

HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS THINK COACH BARTON WILL COME BACK NEXT YEAR? I PERSONALLY DON'T, BECAUSE OF THAT VERY REASON, PARENT C-R-A-P. HE WOULD HAVE TO BE CRAZY TO STAY AT A PLACE WHERE THE PARENTS ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF THE HEAD COACH WITH A 26-6 RECORD(GIVE OR TAKE A FEW) IN THE PAST TWO YEARS. WHO NEEDS THAT KIND OF SUPPORT? EVERYBODIES KID IS A STARTER AND NOBODY IS MORE BLIND THAN THE COACH THAT CAN'T SEE IT! YOU PEOPLE DO REALIZE ONLY 9 CAN BE ON THE FIELD AT A TIME!

I would think the win total would be well over 30. Considering they won 20 last year. But i think its probably like that at every school where everyone in the athletic program should be starting at a position even though there is only a few starting spots to fill.

I would think the win total would be well over 30. Considering they won 20 last year. But i think its probably like that at every school where everyone in the athletic program should be starting at a position even though there is only a few starting spots to fill.

35-6 in the past 2 years

No need to complain about errors, you just got beat by a better team. Next victim , Overton on Friday. Time to go to 10-0.

if i recall correctly, the last time overton and carlisle played, it took 8 innings to decide the game. and cannon was a foot away from giving up a two run shot in the 7th. and would have been the loosing pitcher. be careful what you ask for! two very good teams and rivals. you never know the out come of rivalry games. your over confidence could come back to bite you.

if i recall correctly, the last time overton and carlisle played, it took 8 innings to decide the game. and cannon was a foot away from giving up a two run shot in the 7th. and would have been the loosing pitcher. be careful what you ask for! two very good teams and rivals. you never know the out come of rivalry games. your over confidence could come back to bite you.

Cobb doesnt matter how many innings the first game went. We got a W and thats all that matters in the standings right? I just figured i'd do some talking about friday's game since no one on here seems to be doing any. You are right about one thing, it is a rivalry game so you know it will be a good one. I'm just confident in our players and their ability to win. Oh and the game has been moved up to 4pm for those of you who are thinking about going to it.

Cobb doesnt matter how many innings the first game went. We got a W and thats all that matters in the standings right? I just figured i'd do some talking about friday's game since no one on here seems to be doing any. You are right about one thing, it is a rivalry game so you know it will be a good one. I'm just confident in our players and their ability to win. Oh and the game has been moved up to 4pm for those of you who are thinking about going to it.

Thanks for posting the time change!!

I think Overton will take this one they are a pretty solid team

Overton might and should be ranked after they beat Carlisle

HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS THINK COACH BARTON WILL COME BACK NEXT YEAR? I PERSONALLY DON'T, BECAUSE OF THAT VERY REASON, PARENT C-R-A-P. HE WOULD HAVE TO BE CRAZY TO STAY AT A PLACE WHERE THE PARENTS ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF THE HEAD COACH WITH A 26-6 RECORD(GIVE OR TAKE A FEW) IN THE PAST TWO YEARS. WHO NEEDS THAT KIND OF SUPPORT? EVERYBODIES KID IS A STARTER AND NOBODY IS MORE BLIND THAN THE COACH THAT CAN'T SEE IT! YOU PEOPLE DO REALIZE ONLY 9 CAN BE ON THE FIELD AT A TIME!

I didnt think that there was an issue on whether or not Barton was going to stay or not. All I ever hear is good things about him. As far as "personal" issues w/the head coach...well, look at who is doing the complaining. Mostly parents of freshmen players who dont think their kids should have to wait in line. Yes they're talented players, but they're freshmen. Their time will come. So you big mouth parants who keep stirring up #### need to go back to your trailer park mansion, turn on "Springer", crack open a Stroh's, and be quiet.