20 1A standings

TyCobb

I didnt think that there was an issue on whether or not Barton was going to stay or not. All I ever hear is good things about him. As far as "personal" issues w/the head coach...well, look at who is doing the complaining. Mostly parents of freshmen players who dont think their kids should have to wait in line. Yes they're talented players, but they're freshmen. Their time will come. So you big mouth parants who keep stirring up #### need to go back to your trailer park mansion, turn on "Springer", crack open a Stroh's, and be quiet.

Hey, I love Springer. Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt think that there was an issue on whether or not Barton was going to stay or not. All I ever hear is good things about him. As far as "personal" issues w/the head coach...well, look at who is doing the complaining. Mostly parents of freshmen players who dont think their kids should have to wait in line. Yes they're talented players, but they're freshmen. Their time will come. So you big mouth parants who keep stirring up #### need to go back to your trailer park mansion, turn on "Springer", crack open a Stroh's, and be quiet.

there are plenty of freshman parent's complaining, but make no mistake the ones going to the superintendent are jr. parent complaining about the two freshman that are starting.

omg! there where some interesting occurances at the overton and hawkins game. an umpire cussed the hawkins coach and he went crazy! i was ashamed of some of the overton fans, particularly one woman that bad mouthed coach mayfield, saying he cusses too and to just play ball. coach mayfield has always, to my knowledge, been a fine upstanding man. and i was ashamed of her actions and the way she made us all look. any coach that will make that much of a deal over an umpire cussing him is a breed apart from most coaches and should be exalted, not belittled. so to coach mayfield and the hawkins' fans, i apologize for her actions!

This was a bad deal for all involved and especially for the players. That was one of those situations that I couldn't believe was actually happening. I find fault in the umpire for being unprofessional and using bad judgement. I fault Mayfield for not handling the incident in a more mature manner. I am not saying Mayfield shouldn't stand up for what is right. I believe the ump had two options: Throw the assistant coach out of the game, or ignore the comments. The bad judgement was when the ump used a poor choice of words which caused the incident to esculate. This whole think started because the assistant coach from Hawkins was mouthing (again) and the ump confined him to the dug-out. He continued to criticize the calls until the home plate umpire called Mayfield to home plate. The umpire said something to Mayfield about being a "female dog" or acting like one. However, after the AD from Hawkins visited with the umpire, it was agreed there was a communication error between the umpire and Mayfield. LOL! The AD from Hawkins saved Mayfield from being tossed. I'm sure Mayfield feels terrible that the incident happen and even more so for the kids. Mayfield realizes things need to change. The first change will be the remarks that come from the assistant coach. He is the root of the problem. Take the focus off the umpires and put it on playing baseball. Every game will have good and bad calls, that is just part of the game.

Just one quick point - in basketball if the coach acts like an idiot, he is called for a technical foul and the other team gets free-throws and the ball. In football, the referee throws a flag and an unsportsman-like conduct penalty is given resulting in 15 yards. However, in baseball there really aren't any repurcussions.... Throw him out of the game? Big deal.... I wasnt at the game, but a high-school coach isnt there to argue with the umpire PERIOD... If this is true, he should be disciplined.... The bottom line is they are there to TRY and win by giving their best effort, but more importantly, they are supposed to set a good example for those young men... Sometimes life isn't fair, and one should not whine and complain, but take it in stride and try harder....

Also, I have never seen anything positive result from arguing #### and strikes with an umpire...

Baseball 101 - when you don't agree with umpire, wait until you are between innings, CALMLY walk to umpire and face-to-face, ask him how far off of the plate pitches in question were. Ask him to do his best to BE CONSISTENT. Under no circumstances should you holler at said umpire - it is demeaning and disrespectful and said coach would not want to be treated in such a manner. Hopefully the coach in question will read this and if he does feel free to IM me for more coaching advice....

Just one quick point - in basketball if the coach acts like an idiot, he is called for a technical foul and the other team gets free-throws and the ball. In football, the referee throws a flag and an unsportsman-like conduct penalty is given resulting in 15 yards. However, in baseball there really aren't any repurcussions.... Throw him out of the game? Big deal.... I wasnt at the game, but a high-school coach isnt there to argue with the umpire PERIOD... If this is true, he should be disciplined.... The bottom line is they are there to TRY and win by giving their best effort, but more importantly, they are supposed to set a good example for those young men... Sometimes life isn't fair, and one should not whine and complain, but take it in stride and try harder....

Also, I have never seen anything positive result from arguing #### and strikes with an umpire...

Baseball 101 - when you don't agree with umpire, wait until you are between innings, CALMLY walk to umpire and face-to-face, ask him how far off of the plate pitches in question were. Ask him to do his best to BE CONSISTENT. Under no circumstances should you holler at said umpire - it is demeaning and disrespectful and said coach would not want to be treated in such a manner. Hopefully the coach in question will read this and if he does feel free to IM me for more coaching advice....

The assistant coach should never have anything to say to either official at any time, unless he wants to know what the count is. If any questions arise about a ruling, the head coach should ask for time, and if/when he is granted time, calmly make his way toward the official and ask him about the ruling (not a judgement call). At no point should an assistant coach come on the field to talk to any umpire. His job is to keep the book and drive the bus to and from the game.

The assistant coach should never have anything to say to either official at any time, unless he wants to know what the count is. If any questions arise about a ruling, the head coach should ask for time, and if/when he is granted time, calmly make his way toward the official and ask him about the ruling (not a judgement call). At no point should an assistant coach come on the field to talk to any umpire. His job is to keep the book and drive the bus to and from the game.

Completely agree.... Maybe keep a pitch count and coach first base....

Hopefully the coach in question will read this and if he does feel free to IM me for more coaching advice....

WHERE DID YOU GRADUATE WITH A DEGREE IN KINESIOLOGY! SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE LITTLE LEAGUE COACHES THINKING THEY KNOW HOW TO GET IT DONE. IT'S A DIFFERENT BALL GAME IN BETWEEN THE LINES.

The Carlisle Vs Overton game tonight should be exciteing, and will probly come down to the last few innings agin. but i fill like Carlisle should come out with another W.

And to the people that say that carlisle has 2many Henderson people, you should probly know that they only have 2.

The Carlisle Vs Overton game tonight should be exciteing, and will probly come down to the last few innings agin. but i fill like Carlisle should come out with another W.

And to the people that say that carlisle has 2many Henderson people, you should probly know that they only have 2.

I agree it will be another good one, but we will come out with another W and send those mustangs back down 42 with another L

Only 2 huh. Well heck...Thats perfectly legal isn't it. I guess that 3 recruits is the illegal limit.

as far as the henderson kids i very seriously doubt they moved into carlisle just to help them stomp overton but they have both been here for almost 2 years and it seems the only time yall have something to say about them is when yall get beat it sounds to me like someone is crying and making excuses for loosing

as far as the henderson kids i very seriously doubt they moved into carlisle just to help them stomp overton but they have both been here for almost 2 years and it seems the only time yall have something to say about them is when yall get beat it sounds to me like someone is crying and making excuses for loosing

i'll start give carlisle credit when they start playing in 4a.

what a big crybaby!....Just like I said earlier Overton would get beat and boy did they. Carlisle pounds Overton 11-3...still undefeated!!!!

you people and your coaches where crying like female dogs when you though colton wedel was coming to overton. yet you say we are crying when we say something about numerous kids coming to carlisle. if and i stress if you only have two this year. how about next year when gunner's class moves up to high school?

there was nothing exciteing about that game. we got our butts kicked and sucked at the same time.

you people and your coaches where crying like female dogs when you though colton wedel was coming to overton. yet you say we are crying when we say something about numerous kids coming to carlisle. if and i stress if you only have two this year. how about next year when gunner's class moves up to high school?

Gunner's class has a good bit of talent in it now and most have been at Carlisle for several years.

I think if most teams looked at their lineup/roster they would find at least one player, if not more, who once went to school somewhere else. As long as they've been legally enrolled in the current school for a year they are just as eligible as someone who started kindergarten there. I find it odd that a school that complains about two students who once attended another school has students in the same situation on their team. All of these students are perfectly legal by UIL standards. All of these students, from all of the districts schools, have been approved by the other teams in the district as eligible.

Let's just play the game on the field.

Very true, Buzzard.

However, a district cannot avoid speculation when seven of their players (not 2, as mentioned before) have "moved in" from the same district. Just looking at their baseball line-up, Heim, Stokes, Wherry, Simmons, Skelton, Dansby, and Brightwell all were students in HISD. Granted, two of those guys have parents who work @ Carlisle, so their transfer is perfectly understandable.

Bottom line, it is the the choice of the parents to send their child to school wherever they want (although it is not supposed to be for athletic reasons). I don't find fault with these parents for wanting a better experience for their child. I'm just pointing out the evidence that is the source of the attention on the matter.

Very true, Buzzard.

However, a district cannot avoid speculation when seven of their players (not 2, as mentioned before) have "moved in" from the same district. Just looking at their baseball line-up, Heim, Stokes, Wherry, Simmons, Skelton, Dansby, and Brightwell all were students in HISD. Granted, two of those guys have parents who work @ Carlisle, so their transfer is perfectly understandable.

Bottom line, it is the the choice of the parents to send their child to school wherever they want (although it is not supposed to be for athletic reasons). I don't find fault with these parents for wanting a better experience for their child. I'm just pointing out the evidence that is the source of the attention on the matter.

Give it up!...Just like someone else said every team has players who once went to other schools. I hope overton loses its hold on 2nd and has to sit at home instead of being in the playoffs. What a bunch of big crybaby's , griping about players and where they used to live.

Was that directed towards me??

No not at all. I just used the last post to reply to the thread. It was actually directed toward a few others who seem to have an issue with our players and where they came from. They just can't seem to grasp the fact that they have gotten beat twice by a better team, an undefeated #1 ranked team. So no it wasnt directed towards you at all. I apologize if it seemed that way.

Overton's fans always have excuses when they lose. You better stop worrying about us and start thinking about keeping that hold on 2nd

no excuses here only thing i have to say is that otowns infield sucked greatly and did not at all back up the pitcher! WAY TO MANY ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!