20 1A standings

TyCobb

Give it up!...Just like someone else said every team has players who once went to other schools. I hope overton loses its hold on 2nd and has to sit at home instead of being in the playoffs. What a bunch of big crybaby's , griping about players and where they used to live.

I want everyone to know that 'Indians07' in NO WAY represents the views and opinions of the Carlisle Coaching Staff and the Carlisle Players.

Coach Colley, Carlisle Baseball

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want everyone to know that 'Indians07' in NO WAY represents the views and opinions of the Carlisle Coaching Staff and the Carlisle Players.

Spoken by a great coach with a lot of integrity. There are always a FEW from every school who try to stir up things. I know many good people from Carlisle and Overon who don't act like or condone people on here. I just wish those few would realize how they really look when they say stupid things.....

Very true, Buzzard.

However, a district cannot avoid speculation when seven of their players (not 2, as mentioned before) have "moved in" from the same district. Just looking at their baseball line-up, Heim, Stokes, Wherry, Simmons, Skelton, Dansby, and Brightwell all were students in HISD. Granted, two of those guys have parents who work @ Carlisle, so their transfer is perfectly understandable.

Bottom line, it is the the choice of the parents to send their child to school wherever they want (although it is not supposed to be for athletic reasons). I don't find fault with these parents for wanting a better experience for their child. I'm just pointing out the evidence that is the source of the attention on the matter.

i have to agree it is up to the parents where the kids go to school... and on the varsity line up only skelton wheery simmons and stokes play the others only moved up because the jv schedule was through. wheery i dont think you could call a recruit seings how he has attended carlisle since he was a freshman and skeltons dad is part of the coaching staff so its perfectly normal 4 him to attend carlisle, i know heim he is a good kid and also lives all of maybe a mile and a half from carlisle school and as much as gas is i would prolly attend the closer school as well simmons also had family on the coaching staff of carlisle last year also. and as far as stokes goes i dont know why he came and i dont see that it matters but im almost sure it wasnt just to play sports

No one is arguing with the fact that Carlisle is undefeated and has a great team. Hats off to Coach Colley for building a strong program.

As the season has progressed, some of the other baseball teams in this district are showing us that they, too, are building strong programs. I think LC may be one of these, just a young team that hasn't had the time to play together much.

Cobb, do you have the current standings? If so, start a new thread for us.

coach colley, i do understand why you would say that, but understand there are guys on here that just like to talk junk to each other. 'Indians07' just supports his team in extreme ways. if he has offended any of the overton fans on here, he has done his job. no one should take offense to a blog, but i do respect you getting on here and taking that stance.

I would hope most people are already aware of that fact, but thank you for making it perfectly clear. To quote a coach I had at Carlisle a few, well maybe many years ago "be confident but not cocky". Win or lose do it with class.

I would hope most people are already aware of that fact, but thank you for making it perfectly clear. To quote a coach I had at Carlisle a few, well maybe many years ago "be confident but not cocky". Win or lose do it with class.

I just like to smack talk like some of the others do..cobb is right we just pick at each other on here. I mean nothing by it...guess I should sound confident and do it w/o being cocky.

I just like to smack talk like some of the others do..cobb is right we just pick at each other on here. I mean nothing by it...guess I should sound confident and do it w/o being cocky.

As long as carlisle is undefeated he has the right to smack talk all he wants, it is up to the other teams they play to quiet him.