Top East Texas Baseball Players..

deadngone

Is Henderson that good? I know a few of their players, but I dont know much about their team as a whole. The Jenkins kid is pretty good, what about the Townley kid, is he helping any yet ?

Townley is on JV this year. Varisty has a lot of talent. A few of the Lions just have not gotten the recognition that they should this year. One of them is the catcher and the other is Jr. pitcher Lee. As a team though they are a pretty solid group.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Methvin from spring hill? Another hard throwing lefty and knows how to mix it up... If I heard right 99 strikeouts so far and every game in district he's pitched he's had over 10 strikeouts. I know he had 19 last night against gwater. That was a no hitter I don't care who your playing that's impressive. He also is batting in the .400 I think and he leads the team in homeruns with 4 or 5... Miles Peloquin is also a very solid third baseman and is batting .700's in this tough district! And in .600s for the season...

methvin signed with texarkana college -- and while i dont think hes in the same league as turley/heathcott/wacha/peterson, he is in the group right behind him

and peloquin is a really good player, suprised he hasnt gotten more talk in this thread actually (great kid/family to boot -- as is methvin)

-----

if were talking about underclassmen two of the best in east texas are def. mcafee (the SS from pinetree) and wingfield (the 3b from hallsville)

methvin signed with texarkana college -- and while i dont think hes in the same league as turley/heathcott/wacha/peterson, he is in the group right behind him

and peloquin is a really good player, suprised he hasnt gotten more talk in this thread actually (great kid/family to boot -- as is methvin)

-----

if were talking about underclassmen two of the best in east texas are def. mcafee (the SS from pinetree) and wingfield (the 3b from hallsville)

I have heard the same thing. These are two that will be fun to watch.I friend of mine said they have played together for the last several years in select ball and both are very good kids.

I have heard the same thing. These are two that will be fun to watch.I friend of mine said they have played together for the last several years in select ball and both are very good kids.

i think wingfield is playing for an east texas team this summer (little help with which team?)

[quote name='knockoutking' date='Apr 15 2009, 01:26 PM' post='1158

What is Mcafee's AVG for District??? That SS from Kilgore is doing pretty good for being a Sophmore. I heard he is batting a .455 for District..... :coolball:

By know means am I arguing with you about those forementioned as outstanding pitchers, but I do have to say that I have seen all of them pitch, and I would put Methvin right up there with all of them. I don't care who you are, Last Night was something that I have NEVER seen happen before and I have seen a lot of baseball, facing 19 batters and fanning everyone of them. 1 kid reached on a pb 3rd strike or it would have been a perfect game. Very Rare and difficult accomplishment. I know that it's your opinion, but I really have to say that he definitely belongs right up there with the others mentioned. Peterson is an Outstanding athlete as are all of the others mentioned, I feel Methvin doesn't quite get the Credit he so rightfully deserves at times.

Just my 2 cents worth..

-----

As for PELO, I don't care who you are from A to 5A, when you are hitting over .600, you are having an UN-BELIEVABLE year and are for sure worth being mentioned in the top area players.. Amazing Kid, even more amazing Work Ethic and Attitude..

Bet you can't tell where my loyalty lies. :notworthy:

"By know means am I arguing with you about those forementioned as outstanding pitchers, but I do have to say that I have seen all of them pitch, and I would put Methvin right up there with all of them. I don't care who you are, Last Night was something that I have NEVER seen happen before and I have seen a lot of baseball, facing 19 batters and fanning everyone of them. 1 kid reached on a pb 3rd strike or it would have been a perfect game. Very Rare and difficult accomplishment. I know that it's your opinion, but I really have to say that he definitely belongs right up there with the others mentioned. Peterson is an Outstanding athlete as are all of the others mentioned, I feel Methvin doesn't quite get the Credit he so rightfully deserves at times.

Just my 2 cents worth.."

Not trying to take anything away from Methvin, but we can't forget, he threw against Gladewater. Kinda like throwing against a 13 & 14 all star team. Just my 3 cents worth..

I feel Methvin doesn't quite get the Credit he so rightfully deserves at times.

Just my 2 cents worth..

Maybe not by the smoakhouse experts, but from those who have watched him and competed against him, it's there. He was MVP of his district last year and has improved immensely. That is scary.

By know means am I arguing with you about those forementioned as outstanding pitchers, but I do have to say that I have seen all of them pitch, and I would put Methvin right up there with all of them. I don't care who you are, Last Night was something that I have NEVER seen happen before and I have seen a lot of baseball, facing 19 batters and fanning everyone of them. 1 kid reached on a pb 3rd strike or it would have been a perfect game. Very Rare and difficult accomplishment. I know that it's your opinion, but I really have to say that he definitely belongs right up there with the others mentioned. Peterson is an Outstanding athlete as are all of the others mentioned, I feel Methvin doesn't quite get the Credit he so rightfully deserves at times.

Just my 2 cents worth..

well to be fair i heard great things about him last year and this year but when i saw him this summer (a few times) he wasnt throwing well...not sure if mechanics were out of whack or what

how hard is he throwing?

well to be fair i heard great things about him last year and this year but when i saw him this summer (a few times) he wasnt throwing well...not sure if mechanics were out of whack or what

how hard is he throwing?

He's been clocked from 86-90 on his FB. He has a SICK BB and good movement on his off speed stuff.. I'm not saying you are wrong or right with those you have picked, I just Know first hand this Kid is the Real Deal...

[quote name='knockoutking' date='Apr 15 2009, 01:26 PM' post='1158

What is Mcafee's AVG for District??? That SS from Kilgore is doing pretty good for being a Sophmore. I heard he is batting a .455 for District..... :coolball:

If you wanna talk about strong underclassmen, then you have to include the group from Harleton led by ss Connor Lloyd. They have two pitchers that are 7-1 and both have under 1.5 era, and the King kid at cf with 5 Hrs. I believe the Jones kid has 3-4 hrs and is up near the top in every category on offense as well as in pitching. Their second baseman is also a Jr, and he is pretty good also.

If you wanna talk about strong underclassmen, then you have to include the group from Harleton led by ss Connor Lloyd. They have two pitchers that are 7-1 and both have under 1.5 era, and the King kid at cf with 5 Hrs. I believe the Jones kid has 3-4 hrs and is up near the top in every category on offense as well as in pitching. Their second baseman is also a Jr, and he is pretty good also.

Look for the Lloyd kid in the final standings, he'll take the batting title, he will be heavily recruited.

The King kid is a 5 tool player, and hits for power.

Beattie is 7-1 with a 1.36 era

C Jones is 7-1 with a 1.40 era

Paris has a couple of kids hit over .500 in district, one is over .600 with 18 RBIS and 8 runs scored just in 6 games and they don't pitch.

Paris has a couple of kids hit over .500 in district, one is over .600 with 18 RBIS and 8 runs scored just in 6 games and they don't pitch.

ANd they are underclassmen

Look for the Lloyd kid in the final standings, he'll take the batting title, he will be heavily recruited.

The King kid is a 5 tool player, and hits for power.

Beattie is 7-1 with a 1.36 era

C Jones is 7-1 with a 1.40 era

ive only seen wingfield/mcafee play -- but they are the two best underclassmen ive seen this year

how many sr's does harlton have this year?

ive only seen wingfield/mcafee play -- but they are the two best underclassmen ive seen this year

how many sr's does harlton have this year?

I was told by one of the dads, that B. King and C. Jones played select with the two you are talking about, so I would imagine they are pretty good because our two plus the Lloyd kid usually play with the best in the area.