Tim Russell @ Pine Tree is Out.

OBTS

Best of luck to Coach Russell. I had the pleasure of working with Tim in Harmony and he is a class act and he will have a lot of success wherever he goes this year and in the future. A great football coach and one of the most positive individuals you will ever meet. He will be a tremendous addition to a defensive staff here in East Texas and I wish him the best of luck. First class coach, first class family man and first class individual.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenneth Morris is at ND with Roger Adams. Speaking of Scruffy...I had the pleasure of visiting with him last week at a baseball game. I played for him at Kilgore back in the late 80's and have total respect for the man. I think ND may be his last job. You never can tell, though...

Does anyone know if Greg Brown, Craig Griffin, or Kenneth Morris are still on the staff. They all have a lot of experience and would be good head coaches. Brown led Jefferson to the playoffs in 2002 and 2003.

Kenneth Morris is the defensive Coordinator at New Diana!!!!

Does anyone know if Greg Brown, Craig Griffin, or Kenneth Morris are still on the staff. They all have a lot of experience and would be good head coaches. Brown led Jefferson to the playoffs in 2002 and 2003.

Griffin is still on the staff at PT. Just finished a heck of a year as JV Boys Soccer Coach.

Here is some words of advise, truth and knowledge......

What needs to be done at Pine Tree is get rid of almost every coach.

The deal is that most of the coaches there are stagnet and just looking for a check!!!

The school has some athletes, not allot. Some can be developed and the foundation from the jr. high is very weak.

Don't get me wrong, most of these coaches are good, nice people. But they have been beat so much in the past, they expect to loose. Sad, but true.

Let the new man come in and clean house, give him some time to rebuild at the bottom and instill some discipline.

The "Tree" can be better. Find the right one and let them build it up.

Last thing, Tim Russell is a very good coach and man. A Big heart sometimes blinds a person. Best of luck to him!!!!!

Here is some words of advise, truth and knowledge......

What needs to be done at Pine Tree is get rid of almost every coach.

The deal is that most of the coaches there are stagnet and just looking for a check!!!

The school has some athletes, not allot. Some can be developed and the foundation from the jr. high is very weak.

Don't get me wrong, most of these coaches are good, nice people. But they have been beat so much in the past, they expect to loose. Sad, but true.

Let the new man come in and clean house, give him some time to rebuild at the bottom and instill some discipline.

The "Tree" can be better. Find the right one and let them build it up.

Last thing, Tim Russell is a very good coach and man. A Big heart sometimes blinds a person. Best of luck to him!!!!!

Chainsawbill do you know all these coaches personally? Pretty big accusation being slung out there. As somebody who's a coach and is extremely close to the situation at Pine Tree, I am very offended by your comments about the coaches at Pine Tree. I don't know you so I don't know what motivated you to say something like this, but you're certainly not a coach because a coach would not ever say something like that about a fellow coach. To say that coaches are just there for a check is ridiculous. Be glad you don't have a job that the public comes onto a message board and bashes you for. Then again you'll probably never understand the scrutiny that football coaches in the state of Texas come under by slugs like you. You want to comment on what needs to be done (i.e. getting a new staff) that's fine, but don't come on here and sling mud at the current coaches.

Disgusting. Get a life.

If it's gonna be about chastising the coaches at Pine Tree, then this thread will be closed. Please keep the discussion steered towards praising Coach Russell and his accomplishments at PT. If you don't have anything good to say about him or the athletic program there, then refrain from posting in this thread. Thanks!

If PT is looking for a top coach they will need to improve their facilities. That 1960s stadium will

turn most coaches away. If a school does not take pride in their stadium they do not take pride

in the program that plays in it. A new coach will want to know that his program will have the support they need.

Guest Bear_Den
If PT is looking for a top coach they will need to improve their facilities. That 1960s stadium will

turn most coaches away. If a school does not take pride in their stadium they do not take pride

in the program that plays in it. A new coach will want to know that his program will have the support they need.

I agree with that. The 1st thing they should consider is adding to the visitors side if anything. It's very small and can not house 4A fans. There's no telling how long Longview will be in their district, and there's no point in running to Tyler every year to play that game.

By adding on, they're sure to get a lot more playoff games at their facilities.

Good luck trying to pass a stadium bond in this economic climate! Schools are right now wondering how they are going to survive without cutting out teacher salaries...the visitor side of a stadium is pretty low on the priority list.